Zacks 1995 Toyota Build picture thread.

Highntight

Ok here we go. After many conversations with skippy on here I decided to throw up a few pictures of my Toyota build. Its already done but I figured I would atleast throw up a few pictures that I took throughout the build. This is no crazy build thread just your average run of the mill Cummins motor in a Toyota.....:cody: After Ryan (skippy) Moved in down the road a few years back He started filling my head with wonderous ideas and dreams of having a bad a$$ Toyota that could go just about anywhere. So one sunday afternoon Ryan came over and decided to cut my bed in half and remove 11 inches. It turned out better than i planned and after that it was on like donkey kong. Shortly after that I Bought some 37" Goodyear Mtrs from Ryan We set forth on making them fit via a new set of trail-gear springs.

It turned out a little taller than we planned but with plans of the cummins motor going in soon we let it ride and decided to see how much the motor was gonna make the front end sag. Before we made any ride height adjustments. So now it was time to pull the old 3.0 and get to work on the cummins swap.

The motor swap went extremely easy and have more room under the hood than I did with the 3.0. The only problem we had with the cummins swap was the started solenoid hit the passenger side frame rail. With a quick cut with the plasma cutter I removed the ears off the strater rotated it to where the solenoid would clear the frame rail and we TIG welded them back up. Another problem someone might run into is how tall the motor is I have a 2 inch body lift and I would say its almost essential to complete this swap and keep the motor out of your steering components.

The low end torque of the cummins motor is awesome for crawling especially with the sm420 trans its mated to.

Now onto the pics. Sorry for the novel worth of text.

1329849831.jpg

I hate welding body panels

1329849890.jpg

After body work

1329849927.jpg

Time for the little baby motor

1329849514.jpg

Highntight

This is after we rotated the mounting holes on the starter to make it clear the frame

1329850095.jpg

Front bumper build

1329850674.jpg

I painted the entire truck with charcoal grey bedliner

1329849760.jpg

Highntight

cut the front off to make things much much easier....

1329851692.jpg

drew up gauge cluster had my buddy cut it out on his table out of stainless..

1329851651.jpg

lookin good
1329851684.jpg

Highntight

1329851816.jpg

rock sliders turned out high and tight

1329851813.jpg

1329851810.jpg

1329851809.jpg

1329851804.jpg

and the reward.... for two days of camping.... and we ran out... go figure?

1329851797.jpg

1329851782.jpg

my cousins runner.... same keystone liner kit but red.. turned out sick-o

1329851778.jpg

Highntight

everything is street legal where i live.... its pushin it, but i knew a guy who knew a guy.... and everythings for sale :greg:

but thanks for checkin it out....

blznnp

looks good man, how do you like having the body bed liner? i had a co-worker that did that to his old jeep, looked good on it, kinda thinking about doing it to my blazer

Highntight

love it.... turned out better then i expected for sure.... i pulled paint code off a dodge to get charcoal... i almost wish i would have went with an olive drab but its done now and im happy with it.... but it was super easy to spray...

Highntight

With the 4.11s and the low ass gears in sm420 its slow. Even thogh 4th gear is stop a 1 to 1 ratio. With 37's I'm doin 55 at 2200 rpms in top gear. I'm only gonna do a cupple things to it. Put my old common rail turbo on it and ether find a nv4500 or taller gears or hopfully what I would like to do is find an old overdrive unit for highway gears. It's in the mix I guess what ever I find first and is the most cost effective is what ill try.