Zacks 1995 Toyota Build picture thread.

Highntight

not much at all... I bought the keystone kits... You pull any paint code you want and give it to them and they will send you the right amount of paint... The kits were a little over 100.00 It took two kits to do the entire truck... I used a half a kit and black paint for the inside of the bed. Then used the other kit and a half on the rest of the truck... Came with disposable spray guns and all.... The only thing I did different was not use the reducer they sent with it... You could make the spay finer more coarse by the distance you held the gun away form what you are spraying... And thanks I'm pretty stoked about the whole thing and how it turned out...

cosmiccat

Ok here we go. After many conversations with skippy on here I decided to throw up a few pictures of my Toyota build. Its already done but I figured I would atleast throw up a few pictures that I took throughout the build. This is no crazy build thread just your average run of the mill Cummins motor in a Toyota.....:cody: After Ryan (skippy) Moved in down the road a few years back He started filling my head with wonderous ideas and dreams of having a bad a$$ Toyota that could go just about anywhere. So one sunday afternoon Ryan came over and decided to cut my bed in half and remove 11 inches. It turned out better than i planned and after that it was on like donkey kong. Shortly after that I Bought some 37" Goodyear Mtrs from Ryan We set forth on making them fit via a new set of trail-gear springs.

It turned out a little taller than we planned but with plans of the cummins motor going in soon we let it ride and decided to see how much the motor was gonna make the front end sag. Before we made any ride height adjustments. So now it was time to pull the old 3.0 and get to work on the cummins swap.

The motor swap went extremely easy and have more room under the hood than I did with the 3.0. The only problem we had with the cummins swap was the started solenoid hit the passenger side frame rail. With a quick cut with the plasma cutter I removed the ears off the strater rotated it to where the solenoid would clear the frame rail and we TIG welded them back up. Another problem someone might run into is how tall the motor is I have a 2 inch body lift and I would say its almost essential to complete this swap and keep the motor out of your steering components.

The low end torque of the cummins motor is awesome for crawling especially with the sm420 trans its mated to.

Now onto the pics. Sorry for the novel worth of text.

1329849831.jpg

I hate welding body panels

1329849890.jpg

After body work

1329849927.jpg

Time for the little baby motor

1329849514.jpg

Im in the process of doing the same swap in my 89 toyota pickup dlx can you post some pics of your motor mounts.

hey, i am currently considering cutting my bed as yours too. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I do? Will I have to relocate the leaf springs, etc... Could you help lead me through? I'm from North Carolina and I would appreciate it. Thanks!

sixstringsteve

hey, i am currently considering cutting my bed as yours too. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I do? Will I have to relocate the leaf springs, etc... Could you help lead me through? I'm from North Carolina and I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Google "toyota bed bob"

Looks awesome! Did aything take any serious modifying? Where did you find the engine? I just bought a 92 yota 3.0 v6 and it sucks! It's supposed to be a commuter but my giant 12valve cummins gets way better mileage...even at 450hp on 36's! Looking to sell or engine swap the yota.