'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
how do you do the esp kill switch? does it completely disable it like there is none at all? my uncle has an 07 4 door and it kills him on cloverleafs. he says he usually has semi's breathing up his tailpipe...

It kills everything, TCS, BAS, ABS and whatever else. It won't turn back on until you turn off the jeep and restart. It is pretty simple, you have to un bolt the center console, underneath there is a black box which is the accelerometer it is at the back end by the ebrake cables. You have to cut the purple wire with the light blue tracer, not to be confused with the dark blue tracer. You have to put in a switch that can be normally on to kill the esp.

Google will bring up some pretty good write ups. I went with this method because it is really clean looking.

Addiction

Life is Good!!
Just did my locker bypass switches, screw you Jeep for telling me when and how I can use my lockers. It was plenty easy thanks to the numerous write ups on the world wide web. I still need to do the ESP bypass which is another easy one, I just need to figure out where I want to put that switch.

Here is my locker switch placement, out of the way but plenty accessible.
IMAG0309.jpg
[/QUE]

these replace the single switch that is located below the radio. Now you can control the front and/or rear lockers independently. Did you keep the stock rubi lockers?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
They are factory lockers, the factory switch still works just the same actually. This is just a bypass so I don't have to use the factory switch, the switch on the left is the front and the other one is the rear. I can now turn my lockers on anytime I want to 2H, 4H or 4L and whatever speed I want.

Here is the write up I used for the Locker bypass http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2212

and here is the write up for the ESP bypass http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just made the front bumper a stubby. Wasn't too hard, still need some door trim to finish it up but it looks better with the fenders that are on it.

IMAG0364.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I smacked my steering stabilizer on a rock today. Obviously its kind of in a bad spot. Are there any kits that move it up a little bit. I am having a hard time searching from my phone.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Since there is 4wd store here I'll get with them tomorrow and get it taken care of. They do sell a rancho steering stabilizer and relocation kit so I think thats going to get it done.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I got my stabilizer relocation kit, just going to wait until I get home to put it on.

I've also decided after crawling underneath to take a good look at my skid plates that my first serious upgrade is going to be the complete River Raider skid plate system.

My plates are beat up, missing bolts and just not good in any way shape or form. I guess its just another thing jeep could have done much better.

Also looking forward to my new sliders from Trailridgeoffroad.

I am very happy with the lessons I learned from my TJ, this one is going to stay as low as possible with good protection.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I put some Daystar hood latches on yesterday and they are awesome no more flapping hood driving down the road at 80. Install would have been much easier if I had been home with some tools instead of a buck knife and a screw driver but still not too bad.

I also put my steering stablizer on and I'm a little dissapointed. I guess I shouldn't have cheaped out on it but the Rancho kit was in stock and it will do until I figure out a fix. The problem is the axle side rubs on the tie rod when it is cranked all the way to the right. It's not on the damper itself so it's not a huge deal but will surely wear it out a little and it's a little annoying.

Clearance with wheels straight.
IMAG0632.jpg

Rubbing with it cranked to the right.
IMAG0633.jpg