'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Mine is a standard. I only lost 200rpm at 70 in sixth so no re-gear needed for now. I would have gone with 37's if I could afford gears. The only other downside to 37's stock is the needed bump stop extensions, so I didn't want to limit my up travel.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
And ever since my first TJ I have been partial to red jeeps. Just seems like the best color. I love how well red and black work together.

Twisted

NEEDAMONEYTREE
Yeah, I like the red and black also. Yeah, I was hoping to be able to do a re-gear to 5.13's and tube, sleeve and gusset the front axle with tax return. Looks like I'm gonna have to have throwout bearing and clutch changed out though. How many miles yours have on it?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Mine is at 36,000. I forgot about the sleeve and gussets for 37's. Not looking forward to doing the clutch down the road.

Twisted

NEEDAMONEYTREE
Ours has 38K. Throwout bearing started making noise about 500 miles ago. Hopefully yours doesn't do it, but I hear the TOB going out between 35K & 45K is a pretty common problem. Nobody makes an AM TOB, that I know of, to upgrade.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well that sucks, I've done it before and I'm not going to pay someone to do it. I suppose if you use a Jeep like it was meant to be used it will happen sooner than if you are just a soccer mom.

zukijames

Ours has 38K. Throwout bearing started making noise about 500 miles ago. Hopefully yours doesn't do it, but I hear the TOB going out between 35K & 45K is a pretty common problem. Nobody makes an AM TOB, that I know of, to upgrade.

tell your wife to stop resting her foot on the pedal !

mierdota

Did you but this from the larry h dodge in bountiful? If so I almost bought this jeep probably right before you did but I couldn't make it work its a sweet jeep though!

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sure did get it from Larry H. Miller in Bountiful. Well I'm sorry you couldn't make it work but I'm also not sorry as I am very very happy with it.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I relocated the evap can up above the axle and out of harms way today. I small piece of 5/8" heater hose to length one hose was all that was needed and a couple bolts and washers.

IMAG0676.jpg

I also started building my storage slash sleeping platform. I've got the frame put together, I still need to remove the screws and rivet it all together. More progress to come.

IMAG0674.jpg

IMAG0675.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
My box/sleeping platform is ready for carpet and to be bolted in.

IMAG0682.jpg

IMAG0679.jpg

IMAG0680.jpg

The only thing that I don't like is you can't open the box with the top part flipped to the front since the front is hinged to the back panel. Not that big of a deal though and I think I will get some good use out of it.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
A couple nights ago Colton from Low Range traded me a sweet goodie back as part of the purchase of my stock Rubi tires.

IMAG0683.jpg

I say it's about time I get some quality recover gear, something I have been neglecting for years.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Had her out to Little Sahara yesterday and really pushed this thing. Found some slight rubbing in the rear so I took care of that with a hammer. I also hit up Rattlesnake on the way home and somehow I stayed too far west after the mine tailings and ended up on Constrictor as well. I completely missed Wayne's World, I really thought I new the area better but I had some bad info on the GPS for Wayne's World which turned out to be the coordinates for Eagles Nest. This won't happen again as I know the way I went was not part of the actual trail and I'm kinda pissed at myself for that.

I will say I am very impressed with the JK and my new tires, they both handled the sand very well. I didn't even air down and she handled constrictor amazingly well, made it all the way to Eagles Nest with no problems.

airmanwilliams

Ive been keeping an eye on that recovery gear every time I am down at lowrangeoffroad, but I would have to actually get out and wheel to really need it :-\

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I was about to ask how the tires were doing.
I loved them when I ran them but never really wheeled with them

Hoping they will release a 37 sometime.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I was about to ask how the tires were doing.
I loved them when I ran them but never really wheeled with them

Hoping they will release a 37 sometime.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

They were awesome in the sand aired down to 12psi, there were only a couple times I started to get burried and I was able to just back up and get some more speed.

In the rocks aired up to 30psi they did very well. I never wheel at street pressure but I was feeling lazy. Aired down the sidewall flex is way better than the toyo's on my old TJ ever was and they grip a whole lot better. Those toyo's were load range C and these are load range E which really impresses me with how well they flex.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just ordered a Rock Krawler 7075 aluminum memory filled tie rod. I watched a video on this tie rod and was sold instantly. I was amazed at how much this tie rod bent and bounced right back. It also uses the bigger tie rod ends that attach to the pitman arm so everything is beefed up a lot.

Also ordered a Rock Hard 4x4 engine/transmission skid. the only part of the Jeep not covered by at least a sheet metal skid.

Parts should be here in the next week so I can get pictures and get them installed.