1976 Bronco - Frome Off Project

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
It sure would. It will fit anything smaller than a basket ball give or take a few inches.

Last edited:

broncodan

For Your Viewing Pleasure
Hey Jason, the place that is sandblasting my frame made me scrape the grease because they recycle there sand. Would any items you blast in there need to be grease free? I'll take care of you if you can get this power steering box clean for me. I could spend my whole life scraping the grease off. :-\

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
The less grease the better. Some would be ok but too much will clog everything up and make a mess. Use some heavy duty degreaser then hit it with the pressure washer. (I got one if you don't)

willies45

willies45
I have a friend that we just put the new Ox locker in and did not have the set up problems that were there with the earlier ones. The components seem to be heavier now and it has ingaged and disingaged in all types of trail sitations. I dont think you can hurt their covers. They are a little more money but I don't think they will need to be rebuilt as frequent as some of the others. Just food for thought.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
broncodan said:
Isn't this 'yellowjacket' just hilarious? I wonder if he will be laughing this hard when i'm pulling his toyota, as well as his buddies toyota out again, AT THE SAME TIME!
PLEASE!
You don't want to eat your words..
Just try to keep up whenever you get your rig finished! :greg:

broncodan

Yeah yellowjacket, I figured you would forget that embarrasing day. :rofl: I would have tried to block it out. I'm just trying to fight a little ford hatin with some toy trash talk. I'll back it up, wait - I already did! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

elkarcher

Hey I dont know where draper is but I am in syracuse. If ya need a hand let me know and if it is not to far I will help ya out. I am doing the same thing on a 67 EB. I have lots of xtra parts if ya need anything. Have fun and take your time getting it all right. Dont let Yellowjacket bother ya, he is Just Jealous of us Ford guys. :greg: Tim

broncodan

Yellowjacket is not bothering me. We are very good friends. Just giving each other a hard time, thats all. Draper is the far south end of the Salt Lake valley, on the east side of 1-15. I think Draper technically starts at 11400 South, and goes to the point of the mountain. I would love to see pics of your project. I think Syracuse is up North, by Layton? That is quite a drive.

I am picking the frame up from the sandblast shop today! I am really excited to start putting things together. There are a few body mounts that need to be fixed, and I have to torch off the old shock mounts and bumpers. I think I have decided to use POR-15 and Chassis Coat Semi Gloss black for the frame. That seems like the best all around option. I will post picks of the frame modifications I am making as I go. I am so excited, I don't even want to go to work anymore. :( I am like a little kid at Christmas! :rofl: :D

elkarcher

I know the feeling about the not wanting to go back to work. I was that way for about 3 months after I got my first one. Then I ran out of money and parts. I had the POR 15 sprayed on my frame and axles. Turned out pretty good. I finnally found a good body about 2 weeks ago and got it home. Now its rebuilding the tranny and TC. Tranny is about done. I have about 2 days left with it. Hopefully by end of january or february it will be on the road. Later. Tim

broncodan

Where did you find your body? I have not had any luck finding one, so was just going with fiberglass. There nice, but really expensive (a good one is close to $4k). :eek:

Jate

Speed beats up Sparky.
Dan,
Good luck with your project. You will be very happy when it is all finished. I just completely rebuilt my 77. I guess I should say the guys up at Mt. Logan rebuilt it. Every part on it with the exception of the frame is new. I too went with the Terra Comp fiberglass tub, fenders, grill and hood. You are welcome to look at the work that they did. It turned out amazing! Those guys are unbelievable at what they do and it might save you some time and effort down the road. I bought a lot of parts off of ebay from NASCAR teams including the axles, differentials, etc.

JT

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
So tell me what is so special about por 15, how much it is, and where to buy it? How long can it last?

I need to find something fairly cheap to spray my front axle with before I stick it under my Runner.

elkarcher

yellowjacket said:
So tell me what is so special about por 15, how much it is, and where to buy it? How long can it last?

I need to find something fairly cheap to spray my front axle with before I stick it under my Runner.
POR15 lasts forever. Its paintable and you will never know its there if it is put on correctly. Its pretty expensive though. I think about 75-100 per half gallon or something like that. Not 100% though. Good stuff from what I have seen. I will get you a web site if ya want. Tim
Here ya go http://www.prp-porstore.com/

Last edited:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
yellowjacket said:

Keystone auto body supply on 48th s. just west of the UTA trax line. (300w.??_ always has the lowest price that I have found locally.