1993 pickup rebuild

chase3194

I just bought a 1993 Toyota pickup that has been sitting in a field for the last couple years, right now it doesn't run because the motor is taken apart. This is going to be a learning experience as I go. The truck as it sits has a full floating Dana 60 in the rear with a Dana 44 in the front stock gearing in first transfer case 4.7 gearing in rear but hasnt been installed, supposedly a 3 inch lft but pretty sure its a 5 or 6 inch lift. The previous owner was taking the truck apart to rebuild it and never put it back together so it's in pieces. Any help would be appreciated. What it needs to get it crawl ready again is new air box assembly, brake lines attached, front calipers put back on, efi re installed, pear shaped exhaust manifold, alternator, starter, radiator reinstalled shock mounts welded on and mounted. I am also looking for some parts as well and am willing to purchase them if the price is right, I need exhaust manifold, complete air box assembly. I will be uploading pics of the truck tomorrow. This is going to learning process so if anyone has input let me know.

chase3194

I spent 2 hours working on it yesterday got some of the parts bolted back in i am kinda lost at this point, I have a hanes manual and that has helped me but as far as the plugs go and all of the tubing gets plugged into. its pretty self explanatory for some of the plugs but i am now lost, I think that i am also missing so key parts to the motor. I know that i am missing the intake manifold and the complete airbox assembly. I have already removed that ugly front bumper as well. This is a picture of the truck but i will get pictures posted of the motor.
2012-06-01 13.54.06.jpg2012-06-01 13.54.32.jpg2012-06-01 13.55.06.jpg2012-06-01 13.55.14.jpg2012-06-01 13.55.22.jpg2012-06-01 13.55.41.jpg2012-06-01 13.56.41.jpg2012-06-01 13.56.49.jpg2012-06-01 14.59.34.jpg2012-06-01 14.59.41.jpg

chase3194

I am going to be putting a 1 ton master cylinder to my toyota booster, I ordered the sky man adapter plate but i need to get brake lines made, I have searched on pirate and some people make custom brake lines, I called evco to have them make me some brake lines but they want $17 dollars an end and 12 dollars a foot. over 100 dollars for 3 brake lines i think is kind of a joke. Is there anyone else that does it in utah or anyone tell me how to make my own lines?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
100$ for 3 brake lines is CHEAP. Pay the price. Being a tight ass when it comes to safety equipment is a bad habit to be in.

chase3194

Ive been on pirate and l have seen guys in california paying 18 dollars per line with fittings any length they want. I was curious if there is other places when i comes to making lines..when someone pays 60 bucks for 3 lines at 3 feet long and i would be paying 210 for 3 lines at 3 feet it would be stupid not to look around.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Uh, I paid like $40 for custom front D60 brake lines at Hose & Rubber, they give RME'ers a discount, and I think EVCO still does too?

I don't know what you asked for to get those quotes.

chase3194

I asked him for steel braided brake lines with 10mm on one end and 3/16 on the other end. the guys said $17 for each fitting and 12 dollars per foot for line. I called the Orem store and Sandy store and they both said that their machines were down as well so i wouldn't be able to use them anyway. Ill call hose and rubber thanks Tacoma

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
If that's the 3.0 v6, you should seriously look into upgrading to the 3.4 before you invest too much effort in the 3vze. The wiring for that swap is supposed to be dead easy.

chase3194

If that's the 3.0 v6, you should seriously look into upgrading to the 3.4 before you invest too much effort in the 3vze. The wiring for that swap is supposed to be dead easy.
I have the 22re in it. I wouldnt have bought the truck if it was the 3.0

chase3194

I am missing some key parts to my engine, i know i am missing the mass air flow sensor, complete air box assembley, exhaust manifold, and vacuum lines, I have the upper part of the intake manifold I just dont have a gasket for it so i havent gotten it installed. Looking at the pictures can anyone see anything that is crucial that im missing?
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have a couple different intakes, I believe I have one of the newer style ones they had in the early 90's if your interested, I also have a air cleaner assembly but it's from a first gen runner so I don't know if it will work

chase3194

I just got some 37/12.50/17 for a steal of a deal that i couldnt pass up on. I'm just waiting on a few parts to come in to get the rest of the crawler up and going and last thing i will need is my driveshaft and brake lines.
photo.jpg