1993 pickup rebuild

sixstringsteve

excellent choice! I think duals are the best mod you can do to a toyota.

I clean mine off with gas, brake cleaner, and a toothbrush. Maybe even a nylon or light wire wheel to get the heavy gunk off. Just don't wear down the aluminum.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Go buy a gallon of Super Clean degreaser, it's sold in a purple jug. You should be able to find it at NAPA. Put it in a sprayer and spray it all over your trans & t-case. Haul the parts to the pressure washer and spray away! Cover the shifter holes and make sure you drain the old fluid and refill with new, just to be safe.

I've cleaned multiple drivetrain parts and found this to be the best method, it can get messy but less elbow grease and that Super Power really cuts the gunk and cleans things up good!

Super Clean- https://www.google.com/search?q=Sup...Clean&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=shop

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I soaked my oil-caked transfer case in Purple Power and took it to a car wash, used the power sprayer. The operator probably frowns on that sort of thing, but I did it really quick. :D

chase3194

Go buy a gallon of Super Clean degreaser, it's sold in a purple jug. You should be able to find it at NAPA. Put it in a sprayer and spray it all over your trans & t-case. Haul the parts to the pressure washer and spray away! Cover the shifter holes and make sure you drain the old fluid and refill with new, just to be safe.

I've cleaned multiple drivetrain parts and found this to be the best method, it can get messy but less elbow grease and that Super Power really cuts the gunk and cleans things up good!

Super Clean- https://www.google.com/search?q=Sup...Clean&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=shop

Thanks for all of the advice. I was able to get everything installed and it works great..what does everyone do with the new holes. I have a pretty decent size hole now. I was thinking aluminum with rubber on the bottom and screwed in so it creates a seal so no water or anything gets up in.

chase3194

Cool truck :cool: I like the Ford gas tank mod I contemplated doing that to my 79 back when I used to drive it.

Looking forward to more updates
Thanks. The next upgrades I'm doing is triangulated 3 link in the rear on 14 inch air shocks. Then I'm contimplating doing the front with a 3 link and 14 inch air shocks.