1993 pickup rebuild

chase3194

I was able to get the intake on and airbox and everything but there seems to be more plugs that need to be plugged in, I have searched and looked at chiltons but I haven't found where all the plugs go if anyone can tell me where they go or if I'm missing something else that would be great. I also need to do all the vacuum lines but all I find for vacuum diagrams is 82-89 nothing for a 93 the chiltons I have doesn't hav a diagram that I can see, I was also trying to get the exhaust mainifold in but the previous owner put a bolt in a hole and im not able to get the stupid thing out and i cant install the exhaust manifold, If there is anyone that could help me when I get the exhaust manifold put on, with the vacuum lines and everything so i can get it running, than all i will need to do is get the drivelines shortened and the brake lines made an im good to go. 0E0C3792-107F-4822-89EE-067ABFBA79E9.jpeg3AA5C863-418F-4D91-A630-FDA3AD4937E5.jpeg4E0D096C-9F7A-4CD5-B7BC-370C52285D2A.jpeg6E259084-3D6C-4C0D-AC7C-3632177BD5A2.jpeg480D978E-0C4C-4452-AC35-4DB594D22F79.jpegCA4E3305-E942-4E7B-95B4-AEA1F389C865.jpeg

sixstringsteve

I don't have a link, but I remember a thread on Pirate where people took lots of pictures of their stock engines to help people out like you. I found it searching "emissions removal"

chase3194

I am currently missing these pieces to get the truck up and running, if anyone has it let me know ill come buy them. I want this running as soon as possible. CIMG1588.jpgCIMG1591.jpgCIMG1593.jpg

chase3194

I just picked up a running motor today that needs a timing chain on it and i am looking for someone that wants to make some extra cash to install the timing chain and drop the motor back in. Im wanting to do this but i am currently working 100+ hours every two weeks and just dont have the time to finish it. Ive called a couple places but everyone is weeks out. if you are interested in doing it let me know.

chase3194

I've finally had time to work on it and i brought it to my apartment complex and work on it when im not working. I was never able to find a toyota fuel tank so i did some searching and found a 1993 ford f250 rear fuel tank and installed it and wired it up and I had problems with it at first but it was my fuel filter that had bad gas in it and was clogged so I bought a new one this morning and finally was able to get it to start and idle and DRIVE! I know nothing about mechanics this has been a learn as I go. Searching and lurking on pirate has made it so that I could get it running. I need a dana 60 toyota pinion flange and a gm to toyota master cylinder adapter and new brake lines made and a exhaust and Im ready to hit the trails. I have never been this excited before haha. It only took me 9 months. Heres a video of it finally running and driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35plrvncGIo

chase3194

I know that some of you wont care about this update, but i dont care anyway....haha This truck sat for 2 years in a field and I thought that the paint was completely ruined and I would need to repaint the whole truck to get it to shine. I know its a turd but I want it to be a polished turd that will turn heads. My buddy owns a car detailing business and he came and looked at it and was able to work a little magic. he does a 6 step process. This was just with his hands and none of his buffers or tools. He is coming over tomorrow to use my truck as a demo and to restore the paint completely so he can show his clients. This is what it looks like today he spent an hour on the hood alone. I was also able to get some more parts from a member on pirate. The only part I need is the toyota to gm master cylinder adapter and I'm ready to go. I'm hoping to go wheeling for my birthday weekend in 2 weeks. If anyone has one that will sell it let me know. Low range is currently out of stock and doesnt know when they will be getting more in.

photo1-2_zps406f99a0.jpg
[/IMG]

chase3194

Here are some updates of the truck. Im trying to keep it stock looking but a very capable trail rig. I am going to do sliders, rear bumper, interior cage and dual cases. Let me know what you guys think.

photo.jpg
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

chase3194

This is probably one of the best upgrades i did to my toyota. It is a rear fuel tank out of a 1992 F250, my stock tank was completely rusted out and I needed a replacement and found this on pirate. I Highly recommend people to do it. It doesnt hangdown below the frame rails and goes right where the spare tire went. I changed out the fuel filler hose to a 90 degree and now it is attached to the inside of the driver fender.

sixstringsteve

I love that mod. Is the tank bigger than the stock tank (fuel capacity)? What did you do to wire the sending unit?

chase3194

I have a auto meter fuel gauge instead of the stock fuel gauge hooked up. I could never get the stock one figured out because it was a opposite of Toyota. empty was full, full was empty. It is 18 gallons so not much bigger than the stock tank. I like it better though because it gives me some weight in the back of the truck.

chase3194

Today I picked up a set of dual cases and a new transmission and allpro transfercase ebrake. I am so excited to install this in my truck tomorrow. This has been the first big purchase for the toyota. I can not wait to see what a difference it makes. I am also looking at getting a lockrite in the front. Just wondering what people think of lockrites and if they have had good luck with them? Whats the best way to clean the transmission and cases up? I want to get them clean before they're installed.

Attachments

• trucks.jpg
    trucks.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 5