1st Official RME Trip - Desert Mtn, Memorial Weekend

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Desert mtn memorial day weekend

Blacksheep and I are heading out to do some wheelin and camping memorial day weekend at desert mtn. Who else is coming?? Anarchy alley anyone:D We will be there all weekend. The more the merrier, Hope to get some of you out there.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Based on what 1/4 elliptic and I talked about yesterday looks like we're heading down friday afternoon to camp friday night. Wheel all day saturday and camp, wheel all day sunday.

Don't recall if 1/4 is staying for sunday campout or not, but I have monday off, so If there are others out there, I'll probably stay sunday to do more wheelin on monday.

Let's get it on!!!

who's game?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I haven't been there, but it sounds like it isn't that far from little sahara (the dunes area west of nephi).

I know spence posted a map a while back for this area, maybe he'll chime in on this thread with a link.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
it is totally sick out there...you will absolutely love it...it is like wheeling on the most traction you have ever seen!! slightly eroded granite with perfect nodules for your tires to grab onto....that stuff is gnarly!!...I might just have to cancel my trip to moab and come camping out there....ummm maybe not....:)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by spencurai
it is totally sick out there...you will absolutely love it...it is like wheeling on the most traction you have ever seen!! slightly eroded granite with perfect nodules for your tires to grab onto....that stuff is gnarly!!...I might just have to cancel my trip to moab and come camping out there....ummm maybe not....:)

c'mon spence...ya skeered??? :D

Shawn, you in?

I talked to 1/4 tonight and we're gonna take the dirtbikes and atvs out as well. Might as well make a vacation of it!!!

I'll bring my smokin' joe, we'll fire up some steaks and stuff...Have a great little memorial day bash!!!!

If your junk is broke, bring out whatever else you got by way of off road vehicles.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
wait...I just realized that I don't go to moab until the thursday after memorial day....

COUNT ME IN GUYS!!! I AM THERE.....I will bring my george foreman grill....you guys got a current bush we can plug it into....?!?

we found out the hard way last year that you need a gigantic generator to run a george foreman grill....I will bring some meat and some shells....might as well blast some rabbits while I am out there....I haven't had a chance forever!!!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by spencurai
wait...I just realized that I don't go to moab until the thursday after memorial day....

COUNT ME IN GUYS!!! I AM THERE.....I will bring my george foreman grill....you guys got a current bush we can plug it into....?!?

we found out the hard way last year that you need a gigantic generator to run a george foreman grill....I will bring some meat and some shells....might as well blast some rabbits while I am out there....I haven't had a chance forever!!!

I knew a little peer pressure would make you cave...:D :D :D

You got a generator?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by BlackSheep

I knew a little peer pressure would make you cave...:D :D :D

You got a generator?

my buddy had a little two stroker....it was good for running small stuff but it promptly popped the breaker when gerogie porgy got plugged in....:(

we had to make one of those fire thingies to cook our sausages over.....what a pain.....

I will get my brothers to show...one of them has a giant invertor that can power a compressor....:)

She Runner

Look what I can do!!.....
Originally posted by 1\4elliptic toy
Blacksheep and I are heading out to do some wheelin and camping memorial day weekend at desert mtn. Who else is coming?? Anarchy alley anyone:D We will be there all weekend. The more the merrier, Hope to get some of you out there.

Why am I always the last to know about the trips??? I live with the man (1/4) and have to find out about a trip through RME........ Whats up with that. I'm goin' is there going to be anymore ladies??? :D :) :D :)

Last edited:

britney

Queen of Chit!!
Nice of you to inform the wife 1/4 elliptic. Did you forget that she's registered now? hehehehehe

I would love to go, but I'm not sure what Jer has in mind. We'll see.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Oppps,:D Doghouse!!! Desert mountain is located about 10 miles west of little sahara sand dunes. 25 square miles of rockcrawlin!!!! I know of a few trails there in the 4 plus range and of course Anarchy alley ( it is the cover shot for hammerdown1) It is rated 5 plus on the moab scale:eek: I have a huge genarator for powered things ( like a projection system,.... umm spence;) )
So lets ALL get together and do this.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by britney
Nice of you to inform the wife 1/4 elliptic. Did you forget that she's registered now? hehehehehe

I would love to go, but I'm not sure what Jer has in mind. We'll see.

Kick that man in the hiney and get him out there. Bring the whole family!! I figure 1/4 is bringing his whole family, so bring em all!!

Give that boy of your's another chance to show up all us grownups!!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I would like to take this opportunity to suggest a huge RME saturday night (the 24th of May) bash.

If you can't make it for the wheelin', then lets do a RME party on saturday night. I'll pack some firewood from my stock and we can have us a nice cozy little fire....

The only thing we need, is for someone (1/4 elliptic...) to post where we'll be camping so we can be found.

I can bring my laptop, so if I can find a phone, I can post on friday night after we set up camp......provided I can find a phone line......

Otherwise, maybe we can call someone friday night with I-net access and they can post....

Means I'll need a phone number for someone who is going to be home on friday (the 23rd) evening.

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Originally posted by BlackSheep

wanker, that ain't no excuse....we better see you there!!

the excuse is I have to be ready for moab the very next week.. however, I will try to get at leats the locker in this week, and (if spence has the time to get wrench the tcase out) I'll should have my gears too.

As for the internet access, if there is a t-mobil tower out there somewhere, I can use my phone to post here.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
OK, after talking to BlackSheep & 1/4 Elliptic Toy this had been dubbed the First Official RME Rockcrawling Trip!

Let's get a good showing for some wheelin in Delta! I'm going to try have my Truck running, but if it's not I'll still be there riding ShotGun.

May 23rd is Friday & the 26th is Monday, Memorial Day. Mark your calendar, get your rigs ready and let's go explore the Desert Mountain area!

There's a recommended minumum of at least 1 Locked-up Diff and 33" Tires. Also bring your own tools, spare tire and parts & a strap!