1st Official RME Trip - Desert Mtn, Memorial Weekend

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Can someone please post some directions on how to get there for us morons that can't find anything?

Please,

Thank you,

:)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
it is a big place and we haven't decided where to camp or congregate so....sit back and relax until 1/4 gives us some direction...he is the party captain....:)

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Sorry, I have not been posting back (UROC CRAZZZZ) I'm working on a very good detailed map to post.

Basic derections are: Go to little sahara (sand mountain, jerico) desert mountain is 10 miles straight west of sand mtn, Instead of turning into the park (little sahara) go straight (west) You basicly stay on the main road go over a couple cattle guards across a creek This whole time you can see desert mtn in front of you there is a pass that goes through the north end of desert mtn(Main road) you go through the pass and into desert mtn's "valley" We will camp right along that road in the "valley" There is some old granite quarrys there we will camp in one of those.

Of course I will post sign's along the way and i will post the map when I get it done but basicly it is 35 miles straight west of nephi.

I will bring my turkey deep fryer and huge bbq grill. there is no services around for about 40 miles so come prepared. feel free to pm me or reply with questions. I leave for UROC in the morning (thursday) and wont be home until sunday. I can't wait BFG has a set of krawlers waiting for me there............:D

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
July 30th! then i start learning finnish and yes... i gotta stop cussing haha.

so when will the camp be "setup" at desert mtn? i don't wanna get there too early and be eaten by coyotes... but not too late where i only get the leftovers from the barbie :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Brad Yates

so when will the camp be "setup" at desert mtn? i don't wanna get there too early and be eaten by coyotes... but not too late where i only get the leftovers from the barbie :D

I cussed like a sailor up to the moment I stepped in the door....It was amazing how easy it was to stop....then about 2 years after I get home...I am back to the cussing...you guys are all to blame...

back on topic...

Do we need to bring some magnesium and whatnot so our party can be seen from space at night??

lets get a raging bonfire and some firearms out there...this has to be a total redneck event!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Jeremy
who's goint to give the opening prayer?:D

I vote for Greg on that one, he is the patriarch so he has to do it or delegate it.

I will bring the jello.......shots....:) :eek:

are we going to have some events out there like an RME crawl off or something.

lets give awards....EVERYONE make an award from a part of your vehicle that you broke recently...I will clean up one of my grenaded side gears and make it into a necklace.....I know von has some old birfs he could weld into a first place trophy.....lets have some fun out there....

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
great idea! i just found out my D44 diff cover is shot to HECK! looks like something inside exploded :D so that'll be the trophy for 5th place. now time to take it off and see what those gay 4wp guys did this time! and my .22 is sure to be there!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
great idea! i just found out my D44 diff cover is shot to HECK! looks like something inside exploded :D so that'll be the trophy for 5th place. now time to take it off and see what those gay 4wp guys did this time! and my .22 is sure to be there!

clean it up and spray paint it gold and put a cheap gold chain through it....maybe we could start a white elephant broken part exchange....:p

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by 1\4elliptic toy
Sorry, I have not been posting back (UROC CRAZZZZ) I'm working on a very good detailed map to post.

Basic derections are: Go to little sahara (sand mountain, jerico) desert mountain is 10 miles straight west of sand mtn, Instead of turning into the park (little sahara) go straight (west) You basicly stay on the main road go over a couple cattle guards across a creek This whole time you can see desert mtn in front of you there is a pass that goes through the north end of desert mtn(Main road) you go through the pass and into desert mtn's "valley" We will camp right along that road in the "valley" There is some old granite quarrys there we will camp in one of those.

Of course I will post sign's along the way and i will post the map when I get it done but basicly it is 35 miles straight west of nephi.

I will bring my turkey deep fryer and huge bbq grill. there is no services around for about 40 miles so come prepared. feel free to pm me or reply with questions. I leave for UROC in the morning (thursday) and wont be home until sunday. I can't wait BFG has a set of krawlers waiting for me there............:D

Kinda out in the Cherry Creek area...?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member

1/4 elliptic said something like 2.5 hours travel from his house. I would like to get out there and get camp set up before dark (before 830 or so) on friday. I'll talk to 1/4 more this weekend at Cedar and we'll try to nail down what time we will be hitting the area.

The big bash will probably be on saturday, but I'm sure they'll be a bash each nite we're out there. I plan on staying friday, sat and sunday nights.

Nobody has posted on my poll that I've seen just yet, so the major bash is kind of dependant on that poll. If nobody posts, It will likely be on saturday night.

[edit] OOOOPPPSS, I guess I have to make my own vote in order to see how everyone else has voted!!![/edit]

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I am getting all excited about this trip....more so than my trip to moab....something must be wrong with me....

Everyone make sure to bring a lot of fuel and a lot of food and water. the nearest water faucet will be in the sand mountain rec-area and the nearest gas station is either in delta or eureka....stock up because it is a long drive if you forgot the mustard....spicy deli style....remember....