2008 Easter Jeep Safari is around the corner!

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
-_-

I could have the blazer back together in a week...... (notgunnadoit)

Well..... after our conversation, the toy came apart. :( The motor install is coming up though. And the axles are almost ready to be ready to go in. :D

I will race you!!

Bart

:eek:

So you bowed to peer pressure ehh?
Whistle for help :D

Not peer pressure by any means. More that I was spoiled running buggies for so long and I hated the thought of trashing the LTJ. Since I tow most places anyway, it'll be better this way.

Just starting to track down all the stuff I'm going to need.

Meat_

Banned
Well..... after our conversation, the toy came apart. :( The motor install is coming up though. And the axles are almost ready to be ready to go in. :D

I will race you!!
You win! Press is waiting.....

Not peer pressure by any means. More that I was spoiled running buggies for so long and I hated the thought of trashing the LTJ. Since I tow most places anyway, it'll be better this way.

Just starting to track down all the stuff I'm going to need.

:D My offer is seriously.

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
No need for the press anymore. I decided to go with the pistons that were in it, there was nothing wrong with them. But the pistons weren't marked as well as the caps not being marked. Motor started to go together crappily and I didn't want to deal with it again. So I found another 4.3 and am picking it up tonight.

Rock Hound!

ROK JNKY
March 15-23, 2008

If you want to be part of the Easter Jeep Safari (proper), than yes, you need register and pay for the event. EJS as its known is the event hosted by Red Rock 4 Wheelers, if your not part of their EJS event, then you can't really say you are there for EJS ;)

If you want to be part of "Easter Jeep Week", than no, you can just run trails as you normally would. However, certrain trail restrictions and closures will be in effect this coming year as they have for the past two Safari's. With a little pre-planning you can enjoy your favorite trails just the same. Failure to plan and you might come home angry & bitter :p

You defiantly need to plan if you are not running trails with Red Rock. For the past two years we planned our runs around EJS, in 06 we had a great week, well last year they sent out the wrong trail schedules. We ran into the safari's two different times. There was no one at the start of the trails to let us no they were reserved, and they were not happy to see our group approaching. We got some pretty serious attitudes from one of the guides because he had trail issues all week with people not knowing, again wrong schedule sent out. So I recommend if your group is not running EJS, check when you get into town for a currant schedule...

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I'll be there Monday through friday. I'll be renting a rig on tuesday through thursday and gunning two trails (wed and thu). That means I'm open for something in the 3+ or 4 range for tuesday.

I was hoping to bring my mt bike, but I don't think that is going to work out. I'll be out there with my nephew and he's not suited for mountain biking. And of course, I can't very well leave him in the hotel room all day by himself. We will probably make a run to canyonlands or something for monday.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I will be heading down Sunday to Sunday. Have a lot of work to do have to put on my heavy duty tie rod and then decide if I want to do a long arm upgrade or a new axle for the rear. One of my family favorites to run is Flat Iron Mesa. Hopefully I can get a good tax return to do the projects I want to do.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Once I get back stateside, I have to do a bit of TLC to Pickles. I will throw it on the trailer and travel from San Antonio to Goat's house.....then to EJS with Goat and Jenn!! 24hrs of driving is worth it. Time spent with friends jeeping....can't ask for anything more!

I can't wait!!

timmyk

-Jenn, she'll be in AZ:-\

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
hopefully i'll be down at the U4 booth... i really have no other plans than that.. maybe i'll wheel

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I could have my new build on its own power by then, we'll see how the stars aline this spring... otherwise I'll bring the Taco and wheel Big Saturday only.

Speaking of which, has anyone recieved their EJS registration form?

Those of you that are planning on joining the EJS event, wanna group up for a Big Saturday run?