Archived 2009 EJS Dumpster fundraiser!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Until last year Sara had never even sat in a Jeep. Blacksheep talked her into going for a short ride in his Jeep and she had a great time. A year later and she mentioned to me again about what a great time she had.

Here is a page on her website about the PSH clean up from a few years ago

http://moab-solutions.org/SolutionsProjects.html

Just a couple of minor corrections - It was 2007 EJS (when I had my own rig there) and she asked me so she could see what it was like. She was quite hesitant and I did have to give her some encouragement. I just drove her from the bottom of PSH around on the 'road' to the top.

She is a great ally because of all the things Rusted has said. I hope people continue to chip in to help pay for the dumpster and people come out in the morning to meet Sara and help with the cleanup.

If you can't make it in the morning, stop by for cleanup anytime you can. It does get noticed as it seemed that people had done some cleaning up in the afternoons / evenings last year (2008). In the mornings, it wasn't quite as trashed as 2007.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We are 1 month away, it's time to start pushing on this! We know things are tight right now in todays economy, but even small donations add up. If you got a few spare bucks in your paypal account it really does help.

Let's make a big showing again this year and remember to pickup trash not only at PSH, but on all trails that you happen to be on this year. If you see somebody litter, kindly let them know that we can afford any kind of trash left behind. We are not the land trashing "rednecks" that some others would like to believe and we have a chance to prove it. :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Has this been posted on POR?

It will be soon enough, we're going to sent out a mass email to all registered members on RME first.

We're 1/3 of the way there, with a month to raise the rest of the funds! Come on people, this is a great cause! Give till it hurts! :hickey:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Just tossed in 25 it's not alot but it's something

Thank you! :D

The donation chart has been updated. We have not pushed it hard this year, but we need to. We have not yet collected enough to pay for services that are needed. Anything donated is appreciated, and it all ads up. Thanks again

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
what time does most of the cleaning happen?

I will make some calls and get a better answer for you. But in the past we would gather pretty early every morning, before people were out there.

There is also a chance that the place could be shut down in the evenings if the crowds got too large or too roudy. Last year I got permission from the sherrifs office to allow RME members to go into the area during a closed time to clean (they were very clear that we could not drive the hill).

Also we have had a few people wander around if they were there during the days to pick up. This is always good, and I would encourage everyone who is there to do this as needed. If you are reading this you are aware that there has been issues with the area, so any effort you can put in will help the offroad cause.

rholbrook

Donated

I donated to the PSH clean up plus emailed Sarah to see it there is anywhere else she needs help cleaning up. We really need to get Sarah out in the jeeps or buggys. Also, carry a bag and don't be afraid to stop and pick up trash you see on the trails. My youngest loves to jump out and grab the garbage.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
During 2007 and 2008, I would meet up with Sara at sunup. We would scour the hill and surrounding areas for a half hour to an hour (depending on how much was out there) and I would still have enough time to make it to the line-up area for whatever trail I was running that day.

Thanks for any donation you can give. Don't forget, you can write it off for this year's taxes! Every little bit helps.

Greg

Admin
EJS is less than a month away and we're not quite 1/2 way to our needed funds to rent a dumpster and porta-potties for the Potato Salad Hill cleanup! We really need everyone to give what they can to this cause. I know the economy sucks, everyone is being cautious spending money and I totally understand that. Please give what you can, so we can make this another successful cleanup!

I'm in for another $100.... how about you? :)

rholbrook

How often does the PSH fund get updated. It hasn't moved since last week. If noone has donated since then......then shame on us all.

You should atleast pay the admission price for a movie because I know everyone gets a lot of enjoyment out of watching the carnage. Even if its a buck or two, put some skin in.

Greg

Admin
How often does the PSH fund get updated. It hasn't moved since last week. If noone has donated since then......then shame on us all.

You should atleast pay the admission price for a movie because I know everyone gets a lot of enjoyment out of watching the carnage. Even if its a buck or two, put some skin in.

It was just updated... $900 so far!! We're doing good, but I'd love to see more!

Grim

my little girl and i will be there at sun up (around 7) thur, fri, sat, (mabye sun). im sure that is when PSH gets the most garbage

Greg

Admin
We're getting down to the wire and we are only 1/2 way to our goal of $2000! Come on people, toss in a few bucks... every dollar will help!