2009 - TakeBackUtah.org

desertdog

U4WDA
Take Back Utah (08/08/2009)- is a followup event to the Feb. 2009 Capital Rally Event.

USA-ALL is leading the efforts and planning of this event. There are many groups involved from Full Size 4WD, Horseman, Snowmobilers, single trackers, ATVers, Oil and Gas, and others I've failed to mention. We need everyone to promote the event and attend. The primary responsibility from the Full Size 4WD folks (U4WDA and Member Clubs) is to volunteer to assist with Crowd Management the day of the event during the Parade phase. The Utah Highway Patrol will provide this service at the Capitol. I'm working with a half dozen volunteers on the planning committee. If you have any questions please email me at unlimitedrubicon@gmail.com.

If you can help out the day of the event please send me you contact information (name, email, phone#) we need 50 to 75 volunteers for crowd management.

We have our permits for the parade route in hand. We are working many of the logistics and promoting. If anyone would like flyers or posters to hang in businesses I will get them to you. The best place for information is takebackutah.org or direct your questions to me. Best to reach me by email, see above.

Two other contacts on the planning committee are:

Chris Brimhall - mrr65@msn.com
Mike Swenson - mike@usaall.org

Rick Whiteside
U4WDA

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
There are getting to be a few threads about this already. People need to make sure they are not reposting something that has already been announced,

Maybe we should ask Herzog or Greg to make this an official announcement with a sticky? Please.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Weird how all the new posts keep coming from people with 3 or less posts.. What's the deal?

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Rick "desertdog" is helping organize this with U4. He posted this a while back but I thought this should be the official announcement.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BWve6qS39dQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BWve6qS39dQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nsso_we1RgA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nsso_we1RgA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZnZ3WAksTc8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZnZ3WAksTc8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Don B

formerly rebarguy
How many have RSVP'd for this?
We need more people to check the box saying they will volunteer to help.
U4WDA and the full size folk needs around 75 volunteers to assist with crowd control the morning of the event.

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Come on People, this is a time to make a differance! I'll be there and so should you! We've got musioc and great speaker! And we need your help! Without your support, the trail get closed, just that simple, you are teh ones ones that have to come out and show your support and make the goverment hear you!

Last edited:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
whats going on with the take back utah website, Ive been trying to get on it this morning and it goes to the home page then an invalid website address screen overlays it, is there just difficulties or is some econazi hacker messing with the site?

CJ Matt

whats going on with the take back utah website, Ive been trying to get on it this morning and it goes to the home page then an invalid website address screen overlays it, is there just difficulties or is some econazi hacker messing with the site?

x2 I am trying to sign up to volunteer but am unable.

Update: I entered all info to register and I got the invalid website meesage so I thought I failed. I am now on the site and it mostly works.

Last edited:

XJEEPER

Can you be more specific on the role that an individual will play as a volunteer?

It may make a difference for folks interested in signing up to assist in Crowd Control, if they know what this job entails.

EDIT: Just found this on the website.

For those interested in volunteering please call Rick Whiteside at 801-513-4490.

You should also try to register for the parade and select the volunteer check box. (Our registration is temperamental so if this doesn't work don't sweat it. Either way DO call Rick.

We need about 75 volunteers.

We will give you a special edition T-shirt For your help.

We are holding a special dinner on Friday night (08/07/2009) in South Salt Lake for all volunteers to discuss what will happen the next day. Even if you can't come to this dinner call Rick and we can put you to work.

Last edited:

Don B

formerly rebarguy
You have to register to be in the parade? I figured i could just show up

You don't have to register to be in the parade. They encourage it so they can have some idea of how many are going to be there.

The would like us to check the box saying we will volunteer to help. They want to make sure there are going to be enough volunteers to take care of staging for the parade. Last I heard they were still short and need more.

If you can volunteer and don't check it on the website, call Rick and let him know you will help

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm still not sure when i'll have to duck out, so i'm hesitant to confirm my services. That's my hangup with volunterring.

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
Don is right, we need more volunteers! Basicly help get everybody lined up.

Please sign up and help make a differance!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Why is SUWA claiming that cash is coming from major energy companies? Any truth to this in the slightest?... Just curious really

desertdog

U4WDA
Ok, We are down to the wire. If you would like to volunteer Sat. Aug. 8th we are holding a Planning Dinner/Meeting Friday Aug 7th at 7:00 PM. Roger B. will be cookin up something special for us. If you can help out Saturday and would like to join the planning meeting Friday send me an email @ rickw@comcast.net and I will provide you with the details...

Thanks to all for getting involved in keeping our trails open...

Rick Whiteside
U4WDA
LP4W
USA-ALL
TakeBackUtah

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Why is SUWA claiming that cash is coming from major energy companies? Any truth to this in the slightest?... Just curious really

Being on the BOD directors of USA-All, I can tell you that SUWA's claim that the event is being sponsored and organized by out of state energy companies is false and they are twisting things for their benefit.

TBU is a grassroots movement that Rep. Noel got the ball rolling on. It has it's origination from the Sagebrush rebellion that was held years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagebrush_rebels He enlisted the help of Utah Shared Access Alliance.

SUWA in their newsletter claims this is about ORV and energy production. The truth is, this involves all forms of land users. There will be representation from farming, ranching, sportsmen/hunters, mountainbikers, energy production, all forms of ohv use and many other groups.

Big oil and ohv use are hot buttons for SUWA supporters, so that is what they will use to fund raise.

Last edited: