Ford 2021 Ford Bronco

The_Lobbster

Some companies are already advertising upgrade parts.
Here's one option.

That obviously doesn't do anything to address the steering rack itself though...
As cliche as it sounds, a chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link. Looking at the pictures previously posted, it was the pencil sized inner tie rod that failed. That kit replaces the outters but not the inners, so another failure is bound to happen. Ford is going to need to figure something else out.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'd like to see a Jeep Wrongler attempt that obstacle. Am I right, guys? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Didn't seem to me he was beating on it, wouldn't have expected a double steering failure from that. Ford has some work to do to compete. But let's be honest like Jeeps, 80+% of these will never see more than a dirt road.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Didn't seem to me he was beating on it, wouldn't have expected a double steering failure from that. Ford has some work to do to compete. But let's be honest like Jeeps, 80+% of these will never see more than a dirt road.
I absolutely agree, just trying to find the humor in it

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I kinda / sorta know a guy (via early bronco connections) that has a 2021 on 37's. He's been wheeling it fairly hard and regularly.
He's already been through 2 steering racks, and 1 tie rod.

This is definitely a problem.

He said that "solutions are forthcoming".
I don't know if that means aftermarket... or factory parts.

thenag

3/4 ton GM's, Hummers had similar issues. A the tie rod sleeve helped a lot. That guy stripped the gears in the rack. Probably stripped the rack after one tie rod failed. If you go through the thread (don't bother it is mostly an internet fight about if ford should or shouldn't warranty the Bronco) apparently Ford is going to offer a severe duty rack in the future...

This also doesn't seem to be widespread failure... yet...

Nathan

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member

This also doesn't seem to be widespread failure... yet...

I think Ford has to sell more than 100 Broncos before anything could be considered widespread...:p

Seriously though, even if Ford does nothing at all about this, it'll be approximately 47 seconds before there are at least a couple HD steering rack and tie rod options on the aftermarket.