4.0 I6 w/K&N Intake

Transmission-
42rle

T-Case-

Axles-
Front D30, 4.56, Lockrite
Rear D44, 4.56, Spartan, Axle Truss

Suspension-
2" RE Springs with 1" CrawlerReady Pucks, RE Long Arms w/ Rear 4 Triangulated link by BenHanks, Full Belly Skid

Wheels and Tires-
15" Cragar Soft 8's with 37/12.50r15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's (old style)

Winch-
None yet

Favorite Trails-
AF Canyon, The Snakes, Anything in Moab

Other-
GenRight Highfenders, Corner Guards and Sliders, Custom F&R bumpers, Hurculined Tub, Relocated Mirrors, Cobra CB, LiteDot LED Tail lights, LED Turn Signals, Rusty's Steering, SmittyBuilt Shovel/AX, On Board Air, rock lights.

Attachments

• 272779_2095524822053_1063315346_2417854_5912065_o.jpg
    272779_2095524822053_1063315346_2417854_5912065_o.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 280968_234863099869910_100000386653617_781534_731184_o.jpg
    280968_234863099869910_100000386653617_781534_731184_o.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 279336_234863209869899_100000386653617_781535_4664789_o.jpg
    279336_234863209869899_100000386653617_781535_4664789_o.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 36

RockChucker

The Jeep looks good. Very cool. I would recommend Kevlars. I have them and absolutely love them. I am blown away by how well they work, and the mileage I have gotten out of them is great as well. I bought them about 50% tread. In the time I have had them, I have put about 11k on them. They are still around 25-30% tread. So I figure that is about a 40k mile or so tire. Pretty good for a mudder. On my first trip to Moab with them, I was going up stuff easier than my brother that had brand new old style MT/R's. Could have been driver and difference in rigs, but still. They just work, and they look great.

A guy I work with had KM2's and he wasn't super thrilled with them, but he now has Grabbers and loves them...I don't think you can go wrong with any of them though.

On one of your 5 mile pics on the tailing piles, you are facing a white TJ with DC-1 wheels. I think he was down at little Moab earlier this year when I was down there. Nice rig.

edit: Kevlars also run very true to size. If you look at the pics I just posted in my thread, you can see that my wornish 35's are wider than the old style MT/Rs and almost as tall as mostly new 37's....food for thought.

Last edited:

Bart

Really like that LJ and tried to own it a couple of times. Just never could quite pull it together. It's come a long way. Nice job on the build. Glad to see that the they took care of you Light Dots. Mine have 3 lights out and I'd like to get that one replaced.

311WJ

Well I'll be out at rattlesnake on the 18th so you better be there I want to see it

yep I'll be there ;) oh Congrats by the way If I hadn't told you already!

Bart, Thanks It has been a fun project to say the least..
Call up the guys at ORO and let them know you have multiple lights out on your light dots (they didn't even ask when I purchased them). I told him I had multiple lights out on both and they randomly came on and off. He said okay I can send you out a new set for the price of shipping or upgrade you to our new design for $99 plus shipping (shipping was like 12$)
It wont hurt to try. He is very nice and I got the new lights in a few days and have the old set sitting here still.. I told a friend he could have them for his Offroad Trailer..

Also I think the main failure problem on these is over tightening of the bolts. I barely snugged them past hand tight this time and they seem to be holding in fine.

311WJ

Here's a few pics.. My friend and I mainly did video so I didn't get many pics and there was just to much to take pictures of.. ha ha the video is being edited ;)

The Club on Jeepforum I started, Utah JeepCrew, had the February Trail run at the Snakes. We had a record turnout of almost 40 rigs.. it was crazy ha ha

P2180420.jpg

P2180423.jpg

P2180427.jpg

P2180428.jpg

311WJ

Colton I'm not sure.. they weren't actually with us.. I do need to talk to you about my brother in laws 04' Tacoma on 6" and 35's tho.. We need to come into lowrange..

ya chocflip, it kinda blew ha ha we sat in one spot for over an hour.. that was when some asshole in a Range Rover Diesel buggy decided to pass us all and took out MULTIPLE trees (right in front of me), clipped a rig or two without saying a word, with his scared little girl cowering in the back. My brother in law who is an awesome fabricator and is amazing with turbo systems and is an engineer tried to ask him about his rig and he wouldn't even give him the time of day.. he really is the type of person who gives our sport a bad name.. if anyone knows him, tell him to show a little respect on the trail and to the trail.. karma is a bitch tho.. he attempted waynes world and broke an axle shaft..
here he is..
IMAG0454.jpg

311WJ

I attempted waynes as well.. only tyler made it up in his zj.. it was so wet that water was running down it and i just could not stay out of the hole ha ha.. Its easy dry/moist in my rig but wet was near impossible and I really wasn't looking to break something ha ha
2012-02-18_14-47-31_360.jpg

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
ha I know of that dude. I think he had a feature in Crawl mag a while back, I recognize that 609 front with the rover "wide 5" pattern. I think he ran KOH...

Anyways. Looks like you guys had a great time out there! Big turn out!
Wayne's World is a bear when it's wet for sure

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Colton I'm not sure.. they weren't actually with us.. I do need to talk to you about my brother in laws 04' Tacoma on 6" and 35's tho.. We need to come into lowrange..

ya chocflip, it kinda blew ha ha we sat in one spot for over an hour.. that was when some asshole in a Range Rover Diesel buggy decided to pass us all and took out MULTIPLE trees (right in front of me), clipped a rig or two without saying a word, with his scared little girl cowering in the back. My brother in law who is an awesome fabricator and is amazing with turbo systems and is an engineer tried to ask him about his rig and he wouldn't even give him the time of day.. he really is the type of person who gives our sport a bad name.. if anyone knows him, tell him to show a little respect on the trail and to the trail.. karma is a bitch tho.. he attempted waynes world and broke an axle shaft..
here he is..
IMAG0454.jpg

i need to correct a few things about this!! I was the one in the camo coat, his passenger, we DID NOT "take out" any trees!! sure we passed some people on the trail, we clipped some limbs with the cage but never ran over any trees, second we DID NOT "clip" any vehicles!!!!!!!! this is complete crap that you are accusing us of doing this on this forum and jeepforum (yes Ive seen that thread too) we never went off trail, we never hit a vehicle we never ran over a tree, I was in it I know what we did and didnt do, and as for his girl in the back, she rides along all the time, she was not scared, she was actually falling asleep, and when YOUR brother inlaw asked about the rig all he asked was if it was a 4bt, and he (my buddy) told him it was a land rover, which it is, its a defender 90 diesel, and yes it has ran KOH twice

311WJ

Rofl.. I watched a tree be ran over that was off on the side of the trail that didn't need to be hit and was well off the side of the trail, Just to get past a Jeep in front of my jeep and saw him rub tires with a rig (which isn't as big of a deal. i was just told he bumped someone elses jeep, that one I didn't witness)

I just was asking for a little more respect on the trail. Either way, what happened happened. I'm not going to argue about what I witnessed in front of my eyes. There where almost 40 jeeps who all witnessed the same thing and have the same opinion about the event.

Last edited: