4runner Build

What should i do?

• Keep my mini truck axle and build it up

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Sell the mini truck axle and get one out of a FJ62

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

bruzer

If your bump stops are correct you should never hit your pan. the 2wd t100 and the 2wd runner/pick up should have similar oil pans. you should be ale to use either, just dont forget the pick up and baffle. Glad you finally got your swap done.

Corban_White

What's your time worth?? Because I have found it's much cheaper and better in the long run to build it once right. The lift springs would only run $250 for a brand new set then you're not wasting your time trying to mix and match spring packs, and notching out or swapping oil pans and such.. IMO:confused:

I don't know about sparticus, but my time is worth a whole he11 of a lot when I am doing work for you and it isn't worth much when I am doing work for myself. I think many of the people on this site are of a similar mindset. Nothing wrong with payin' for other people's time but there is also nothin' wrong with doing it yourself for free/cheep.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
I'm just saying when it's a daily driver and you can't be down a vehicle while you're building it your sometimes better off buying the parts you know will work. Nothing sucks worse than having a project take longer and not knowing how you're going to get to work for the week while chasing parts.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
yeah free or cheap is good

I see what Jake is saying but i agree with Corban my time is free and i can replace the oil pan and stuff as well as add a few leafs for a third of the price of new leaf packs, so i do everything my self, plus i love the learning process, i can hopfully pass on to others in my same situation

iamsparticus

Update

:greg:Well i can't get them of my phone till i get a data cable long story, but i will take pics of at least the finished product tomorrow before work, i had to add 2 leafs to the pack and i'm in the process of getting a t100 oil pan to help in the clearance department, anyone have some old shock hoops i could have, still don't have shocks

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Have you thought about using Ford shock towers? I've used them quite a few times with good results. They're cheap, too--$15-ish each.

1103_large_image.jpg

Picture091.jpg

shock15.jpg

iamsparticus

Oh man i forgot about that sweet way to mount shocks, it will work out good to because i need to plate the engine mount right there anyways, thanks ILean

iamsparticus

Pictures Finally

Well couldn't get them off my phone so i just took a bunch of the finished project, here they are, oh and one is a before pic to give you a idea of what it looked like:greg:

Attachments

• HPIM2133.jpg
    HPIM2133.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 33
  • HPIM2138.jpg
    HPIM2138.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 36
  • HPIM2139.jpg
    HPIM2139.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 37

iamsparticus

more pics

here is some of the awesome fab work that Sean did with a little help from me, and yes i need to paint it i know

Attachments

• HPIM2142.jpg
    HPIM2142.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 45
  • HPIM2143.jpg
    HPIM2143.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 49
  • HPIM2144.jpg
    HPIM2144.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 47
  • HPIM2145.jpg
    HPIM2145.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 120

iamsparticus

Sorry the before pic is not really a good shot, but the first one i posted is the before and then the two after are the after shots

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
here is some of the awesome fab work that Sean did with a little help from me, and yes i need to paint it i know

lol awsome fab work, working with what I had laying around and running out of argon, under the circumstances it was ok haha

bout time you posted some pics lol, sucks about the other ones I was wanting to see them too, you going to be around saturday, Im going to be driving my truck down that way, maybe we can take that scrap metal to the junk yard, or I can do it and give you what you get from it when I see you, I might need some help with something though if your going to be around and you can go with me

Last edited:

4x4addiction

i picked up an 85 runner for 100 bucks i need tro start building now know anyonw who has hy steer or lift spring they wanna get rid of?

iamsparticus

Thats funny 4X4addiction you were the last person to offer me lift springs haha, but i would check ih8mud for high steer, thats where i got mine

Last edited:

iamsparticus

Update

:)well things are moving along, i have some 1980 FJ rotors in the mail to here, picking up ford shock towers tomorrow and putting a new tierod on soon, all that is left to do is lengthen the drive shaft, i bolted the stock 1980 front drive shaft up and it barly was long enough to stay together, i also need to build rock sliders and maybe a Exo cage we will see with money if i can