5.0 Tbird EFI swap.

Taco4life

Neither will work for him, the one on the left is the truck 5.0 and the one on the right is Mustang 5.0.

After I posted this I did a little research and found that the 5.8L lower manifold is wider than the 5.0L. I thought for sure I had a 5.8L set laying around but I must have sold it. :(

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
thanks tho!
maybe i can get ya to come help me with my wiring when i start on it :thumbs:

going to try and fanangle up a distributor,may half to buy the one SnwMnkys has as well as the manifold and fuel rail.

also, SnwMnkys think you will be able to make it to the bronco meet and greet?
would like to have that sexy thing there so i can see it in person!

Last edited:

broncomitch

well thanks to SnwMnkys, and a good sized pay check.
I got some stuff done yesterday! and im back where i started WOOHOOO!
I bought a 1'' spacer,so as soon as it's made it should be on it's way and heir in about a week or so.

got the lower intake on,with the injectors and i put new Orings on them,got my fuel lines all hooked up and moved the battery over to the left.(i cant wait to do my tube front end so i can loose that core support:rofl:)and put my dissy back in.

found these on a older jeep

is there anything i can do about this air pump??? it's locked up and it's not going to be used.

broncomitch

I cant figure out how:-\

they are that small when they get in my email.
never did anything to my email they just started showing up that size.

maybe ill reset my phone and see if that works.

broncomitch

sorry guy's, i don't think there is anything i can do.
stupid MSN keep's changing crap every day!
they installed silverlight so you can click on the pic and it will then blowup,but i can't copy the blown up pic,only the small one. :-\

broncomitch

well, the motor and fuel and linkage's and vac line's are done. im about 70% done with the wiring and may need help to finish it up.
i still need to get some O2 sensors and wire the right side from scratch :-\

ill post pic's when i get off work tomarrow

broncomitch

not really any update's, still stuck on the wiring. but heir are some pic's (still cant figure out how to make them bigger.
ill just use my sisters camera so i dont half to deal with MSN's bull.

broncomitch

efi5.jpg

efi7.jpg

efi6.jpg

efi4.jpg

efi2.jpg

Here are some better pictures!! Also I got my O2 sensors in & made a mount for the new coil. Hope to have it running by the end of the week when the pig tails for the O2 sensors get in!

broncomitch

gf posted those for me :D
guess what showed up today!
Im a bit nervous about starting it....
worried the computer is going to fry or something.... figured i could start it without the O2sensors, but wanted to wait for the parts to show up so i can start rueling out problems.

if it runs grate im going to drive it to my family's cabin up in the uinta's in WY.
2hr trip there...think it will be up for it?
what ya think my MPG will be? 3 speed auto,38.5,5.13 gears,60-65mph no tach.
im betting around 11.

Last edited:

broncomitch

got it running...some what, half to have it full to half throttle for it to run and it don't run very good.. think im having a fuel problem, going to check it all out right now...

i think my injectors are bad,or im out of gas. :ugh:

Bucking Bronco

What fuel pump are you running? Have you checked your vacuum? When I first got mine running it did the same thing because I hadn't hooked up the vacuum lines.

broncomitch

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-25004P/

got my vac line's hooked up, but could have them wrong. ill check it out.

well, it ran for a few min's, ideled and reved up! still have some cind of problem.
it will only start if i push on the gas,and it rev's about like my carb did.(im guessing it's cus my o2 sensors are unpluged,and timing is a little off) and im going to test #2#3 injector's to make sure there firing.
i did the spray bottle test on the exhaust and 2 and 3 where not near as hot as the other's.

got my check engine light to work,(forgot to wire up the power:D)

on a sad note, lol i forgot to move my oil line away from the exhaust mainifold's..4 quarts of oil all over the drive way...:D sorry erik...

broncomitch

well, wired up the O2 sensors, fired right up! stayed running,push on the gas and revs right up like it's nothing...so i took it for a spin around the block. noticed a few thing's.

1,i need to strap down my battery before i set off :eek:
2,it has a CRAP LOAD MORE POWER!!!
3,i need a traction bar for sure now.:rolleyes:
4,it has a ideling problem,just chugs and ides up and idels down. (i think it's just the computer learning everything) when i get home ill try to run a test on it.
that made my day tho!