5.0 Tbird EFI swap.

broncofntc

Glad you got your rig running, wish I could make the run this weekend. Noticed you need a traction bar for the rear. I have one that I just took off if your interested.

Attachments

• shock clearance.jpg
    shock clearance.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Traction bar.jpg
    Traction bar.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 7

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
John is hooking me up with his old track bar! thanks! going to save me lot's of fab time.

so now just need to hard wire up my harness and wrap it up

and fix my death wobble...witch is not going well.

i thought it was cus my left knuckle was a little loose but no luck. still can't get passed 40mph.:-\

broncomitch

just when i get making good head way it smacks me in the face....

got the track bar installed think i got all the bug's worked out. she's running grate and workin good.. drove it to little caesars that's right behind my house, and it start's acting like it's running on a few cylnders and running a little rich or lean. was still running and not doing what it use to (back firing and spuddering) so pulled into the parking lot gave it a look over and disconnected the battery and seemed to go away.:confused:

Chevycrew

Sounds like by disconnecting the batt you cleared the codes. Its a sensor or something not happy once the parameters are met for it to run off sensors. When you first start up from unhooking the batt, its on a factory base program (limp mode basically)

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i would get a code reader on there, a good one not a checker special and i bet you would find a bad sensor, maybe the air intake temp sensor or the cam sensor its hard to say the o2 sensor could also make it run crappy

broncomitch

If I remember right Ford motors run in a pre-programmed (like safe mode) mode until they are warmed up then they rely on the sensors

thay do indeed. what's funny is not to long ago it was at a friends house and he had a good code reader, everything checked out had the motor up to temp and still running grate. im wondering if i was running out of gas:confused:

broncomitch

i guess i have fuel problems and i hope that's why it's running crappy.

and i found out i need my fuel pump really close to my tank as possible, i had mine a few feet away.

where it's going's, im making a bracket to lower it down about 1.5'' so it's more level with the pickup.
0401111609-00.jpg

so i hope moving it back will help cus now im not holding pressure.

video of my problem. im getting a pressure gauge tomorrow so ill know for sure what's going on.

100_0356.jpg

broncomitch

this is what i came up with.
100_0361.jpg

100_0363.jpg

ill hit up six state's and napa tomorrow and get everything ill need to button it up, and get a pressure gauge and see if it helped or not.

broncomitch

figure ill update this sense im board.

I moved the pump back and down witch helped a little but still idel's like crap and sucking down fuel.
Im waiting for ches to put the final touches on the bumper and bring it home so i can start woing on it's bug's again. (tho i been thingin of taking it to a shop to get it checked out sense it's kicking my butt)

also mounded up the traction bar and belly pan with a little work.
100_0323.jpg

100_0320.jpg

and you all now about the cage work.

I also traded my ar-15 for a 80's king pin dana60 (FYI im willing to trade that for a complete propane setup ;))
im hoaping to install that next year and it will be getting linked and 42's at the same time.

Last edited: