Toyota '85 Yota build...FINALLY

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I did rufs with 63" and mine flexs crazy... Some people think it is the cheap way of doing it, but really I think it is the best way to do it. Save some cash and get crazy flex.
IMAG0050.jpg

Last edited:

krany

kranberry
dude, totally found the 2-wheel drive version of your truck lol same paint job nearly! great work buddy!

Would you happen to have seen it in sandy? Cause there a 90 somthin Toyota ex cab truck, same lift size(but ifs) same white, same blue flames with a spade on it's hood.

Coco

Alright i got a pic of it with tires on, and such.

I love the ride of the front now, and I can tell it is soft, now just to fix the rear, then it will rock!!

9cb87935.jpg

sixstringsteve

Haha, it's funny how many of us yota guys just recycle each others' parts. My front axle came from some RME guy (forgot his name), then pelygroso had them, then 864runner had them, and now I have them.

Oh, and I will vote for saving up for a rear 4-link. You've seen chandler's beast. nuff said.

Coco

Ya I am thinking I will plan on just fixing my rear for now, and reworking the mounts, and packs, then eventually maybe I'll buy joshes old springs haha.

Coco

I got the tire thanks tracy!!

Yup steering is all done minus hydro assist. that maybe further down the road tho

Coco

Alright time for kinda-an-update :ugh:

Alright so after I got the RUFs on the front, I had to move the steering box forward to keep it from hitting my tie rod. So on Thursday night last week, I thought i could tackle that project that night. Boy was I wrong! I got the old mount off that was actually breaking away from the frame (the guy that did it before I owned it, didn't cut down the sleeves provided in the trail gear kit, they were actually the same size as the new ones) so with the old mounts off, I was able to see where it needed to go (BIG THANKS TO STEVE FOR HELPING ME OUT) so I was able to decide where it needed to go, and got one hole cut before I called it a night. The next day, hardline90 helped me out big time and finished up the mount for me. I can't thank him enough :)
Sorry these pics were taken at night :ugh:
e6c97743.jpg

And how far forward it moved my steering arm
20f3faf7.jpg

Friday night I ran up to Ogden to get some ideas on a tube bed that I am hopefully going to have built, and was getting some ideas and things of how I want it to go. I then came home, and on Saturday ran around getting parts for the truck.
780c0629.jpg

My buddy James garner dropped off my tire for my that I got from 1/4eliptic toy (thanks again man)
6097a41e.jpg

And tonight I got it grooved. I finally got a matching (tread wise) set of tires!!! :D
fa1f777c.jpg

That's all for now

Coco

Oh I also forgot to mention, I was right about my wheelbase now, the RUFs moved my axle 2" forward, so I went from 114, to 116 :D

sixstringsteve

that's a killer wheelbase. I'm happy to help ya anytime you're stuck. I'm surprised you got the steering mounted as quickly as you did. Keep the updates coming, I want to see you finish your truck before I finish mine.