Toyota '85 Yota build...FINALLY

STAG

On my grind
Curious, how much extra paint do you use by using the roller?

Haha Colton you said you wanted chatter in your thread, you're getting it.

Coco

Time for an update! This past weekend, sparticus19 and a couple of his buddies built me a tube bed, and it turned out pretty damn sweet!!! Thanks again man

7d0f5df9.jpg

bfd1fcb5.jpg

da4e16eb.jpg

I still need to finish it, but it is close to done.

Coco

I know huh!! It isn't exactly as I wanted it, but oh well. I need to finish the inner fenders and such

sixstringsteve

props to those who built it, it looks really good. You finally got rid of those goofy shackles and set it up right.

THe shocks look kinda goofy in the first two pics, but it looks like you've got a plan for them.

Lookin good Colton. I think you may have officially beat me by completing your rig first.

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
keep 38"s, sell the KM2's.....and watch out my bud got in trouble for having clear rear brake lights if thats what your thinking of doing.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Time for an update! This past weekend, sparticus19 and a couple of his buddies built me a tube bed, and it turned out pretty damn sweet!!! Thanks again man

7d0f5df9.jpg

bfd1fcb5.jpg

da4e16eb.jpg

I still need to finish it, but it is close to done.

No Problem Colton it was alot of work and i wish you could of left it for longer with some more munnies so we could of finished the bed and tire carrier but we did all we could i hope you enjoy it.
The buddies were Jason and Kenny both great fabrication minds that help make it happen:greg:

Coco

Ya I am planning on plating it up, and finishing it, just haven't got that far ha.

It ain't done steve, but it is functional :)

sixstringsteve

I give you 3 days 'till you get a fix-it ticket :)

Oh wait, don't you already have an outstanding fix it ticket?

Last edited:

Coco

I already took care of that one, if it becomes that, then it might have to get cut apart and rebuilt. But i hope it won't come to that. It looks too good for that.

iamsparticus

if you do a little plating and make sure your lights get done right theres no reason why you should get any tickets. Crap ive seen trucks with no bed and lights duct taped to the frame driveing past a cop and they didnt get pulled over

sixstringsteve

I got to see this bed in person yesterday. Sparticus, you did an INCREDIBLE job. Especially now that I know it was modelled after goose's bed. I'm really impressed with your work, very clean.

I'd just add some removable fenders like Chandler had on his rig, then you're good to go.

Coco

James I sold the tires :(

Ya sparticus did a good job, I am just changing a couple things on it, I needed to get another set of lights, and I need to get reverse lights

sixstringsteve

Crap ive seen trucks with no bed and lights duct taped to the frame driveing past a cop and they didnt get pulled over

I wish it were that way down here in Utah Valley. There's no doubt Colton would get a ticket without covering the fenders more. Oh well, he'll think of something.

iamsparticus

yeah i agree i just mean that as long as the tires are covered it dosent matter what kind of bed but it also depends on the cop. Its alway hard to tell but i know lots of people that do saftey and i know the guy up at weber that teaches the saftey cert class i can find out any specific rules