A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

Rock Taco

I finished my 3 videos that were in line before this one. Now I'm ready to roll on this edit. I've got over 4 hours of footage to sift through, it's going to take a while.

Did you just give me a deadline? :p

I'll get on it. There's about 6 hours of footage to sift through, it may not be done by October.

Your leaving that footage alone to long its acting like rabbits! :D

sixstringsteve

it's boring to watch 4 times from a different angle each time. :) And you guys made the recovery look way too easy.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Gotcha. Kind of like watching that stupid movie Vantage Point, or something like that.

Hopefully one of those angles will have my good side though.

sixstringsteve

haha. It's always good to have a lot of different angles. I really appreciate all the filmers and good footage we got. Filming can be the most time-consuming part of the entire project.

Don't get me wrong, I love editing video, it's tons of fun. It just takes a while. I've got some paying clients that I need to take care of before this one. :)

For those that have never edited a video, here's what the editing process looks like when I do it (I don't say this to complain, more to give you a look into what goes into a video).

- Import all the raw footage (ensure you import the correct frame rate and quality). If each film is shot at a different frame rate, I need to convert each one to the same frame rate for editing.
- build the intro title animation
- purchase 3-4 songs that fit the mood of the video
- put every clip in back to back
- speed up the footage to 300-500% so i don't have to watch it real-time
- watch all the footage, trimming each clip to its useful parts
- then I put it back to 100% speed and rearrange all the clips (they're usually not in order, especially when I have 3 or 4 different people filming the same thing)
- watch each clip again, trimming out the useless/boring/duplicate stuff. Repeat 5-10 times.
- add any images that you want to use (images are a pain and take forever, but can be very effective)
- crop the images, and edit the movement/animation for each image
- decide that the songs you chose don't fit the mood, and pick new songs
- adjust lighting, contrast, perspective, zoom, motion, effects, etc for each clip
- add transitions between each clip so it's smooth
- watch the whole thing together, fine tuning
- export/publish the video
- watch the finished video again, looking for any bloopers, issues, glitches, etc.
- fix any bloopers/glitches and export again
- publish to YouTube

So by the end of the project, I've probably watched the footage 20+ times. :)

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
He's still trying to capture my good side. That and trying not to make us all look 10 pounds heavier.