airmans 93 suzuki sidekick

Owners Name & City- Brandon, Woods Cross Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- 93 suzuki sidekick jx

Engine-1.6L 16V MPFI With calmini headers and custom 2" exhaust

Transmission-5speed manual

T-Case- stock

Axles-5.62 diffs stock axles

Suspension-Calmini 3" Suspension Lift with 3" articulation lift and 2" body lift, Calmini differential Drop Brackets, custom coil spacers

Wheels and Tires- 15" wheels with 31/10.50R15 all terrain tires

Winch-not yet

Favorite Trails-rattlesnake, but this is the only one ive been on yet.

Other-

23170394.jpg

23170392.jpg

23170390.jpg

216737_2215828724541_1512273884_32433606_7185490_n.jpg

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

just picked up today a new rear bumper with swing out tire carrier. now I need to get some angle iron with a couple holes to mount to the bumper for the tire carrier pull pin to go into, mount a fold down table to the back of the tire carrier, make a fuel can mount and hi-lift jack mount, and lastly find some bolts and some help to mount this beast.

IMG_1867.jpg

airmanwilliams

Not much progress lately. I still need to work on getting the spare tire carrier attached and fabbing a table onn the backside of it and paint it along with the bumper.

I have however just got a thule rack, clear altezza taillights, and seth is making me sliders for it right now. Plans for it this summer is to tint the windows, install a cheap ebay $150 overhead dvd player for my son to keep occupied with on drives to provo I make farely often and up to idaho, and work on the suspension some since it bothers the wife to the point that she says its too bouncy.

heres a picture of the overhead tray with the cb mounted(not a good picture but a picture) and a picture of the lights(would have preferred smoked lens but oh well).

0307121807-1.jpg

0505121532.jpg

535292_10151610652620193_666440192_24144770_165883571_n.jpg

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

Thanks. im thinking a trail tough double tough front bumper is in store for it this summer. I recently made contact with a guy at an auto accessories outfit that has a 4runner and will start trading him parts for his runner in exchange for the window tint, installation of the overhead dvd player, and possibly some chrome rims and a few other things.

airmanwilliams

just got my overhead dvd player in the mail today with a couple of wireless headsets for it. After ordering it I was thinking that a 9" screen would be too small but when I got it today it put those doubts away, its going to be just perfect. Ill post pictures later with it installed.

IMG_2544.jpg

airmanwilliams

Finally finished wiring and mounting the overhead dvd player and the wife and son had to test it out with monsters inc. A couple issues to resolve: first is that the wireless headsets arent picking anything up so ive sent the seller an email asking how to resolve this, second is that my exhaust is too loud with my 2" piping and turbo muffler for you to hear much that comes from the speakers on the unit so I need to try and think of what im going to do exhaust wise so my wife and son can hear the video. Any ideas on quieting the exhaust? going smaller in the piping and get a more restrictive muffler?

0520121749.jpg

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Finally finished wiring and mounting the overhead dvd player and the wife and son had to test it out with monsters inc. A couple issues to resolve: first is that the wireless headsets arent picking anything up so ive sent the seller an email asking how to resolve this, second is that my exhaust is too loud with my 2" piping and turbo muffler for you to hear much that comes from the speakers on the unit so I need to try and think of what im going to do exhaust wise so my wife and son can hear the video. Any ideas on quieting the exhaust? going smaller in the piping and get a more restrictive muffler?

Why not wire the dvd player into your car speakers? All you would need is an AUX input. If your car stereo deck doesn't have an aux input it seems like better money spent on a new deck, then installing a more restrictive exhaust system.

sixstringsteve

I wouldn't mess with the exhaust size. If anything, just put a quieter muffler on it. I'd find a way to make the sound come out of the stereo. Shouldn't be too hard to wire.

EDIT: Dang, Brandon beat me to it.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

thanks guys I just found the aux input on the stereo but I need an about 1 foot extension from the radio to the wiring I have coming down from the dvd player and good news is I got the 2 wireless headsets to work so I dont really have to worry about the other two right away and will just use the wireless headsets for our idaho trip on the 1st and vegas trip on the 3rd.

ya steve I dont really want to change the exhaust much since its all less than a year old and dont want to restrict some of the gain I got from going to 2" but plan to maybe get at some point an aeroturbine resonator and also their 2525 series muffler.

Tomorrow im heading down to lowrangeoffroad to get some diamond plate door panels ordered for 4 of the doors and a smitty built trailshade along with a couple sets of rigid industries dually light pairs to sell on here for some cash for our vegas trip.

airmanwilliams

Thanks. Planning to hit the trail next week when my wifes sister and husband are here just need to find out which day they are going to be free and not running around visiting college friends, might try 5mile or the Bountiful B thursday.

Cascadia

Undecided
Looks good but I hate painting things that are already installed. Nothing rusts faster than a pair of unpainted sliders, they are the closest to the wet ground and tires always aim right at sliders. Nice upgrade though.

airmanwilliams

Looks good but I hate painting things that are already installed. Nothing rusts faster than a pair of unpainted sliders, they are the closest to the wet ground and tires always aim right at sliders. Nice upgrade though.

definately sucks but I will get in there with a paint brush and do the hard to spray spaces like the tops of the legs and then spray the rest of it tonight, might even see if I can snag some por15 from my other suzuki friend down the road and use that to coat them.

airmanwilliams

haha. i have no clue yet. i go back and forth so many times about doing an sas, ive had parts to do it about 3 times now in the last 6 months and keep backing out because in the end I realize I dont even wheel my sidekick enough to really justify doing the swap.

zukijames

don't do it!!! :D

...we will still be friends if you sas your kick. ;)

steve it sucks how worthless sidekicks ifs is ..

but for daily driving its still better probably.. although i think its how the swap was done.. because i know two people.. and on there second gen yotas.. they both say it drives better with the SAS