Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

The_Lobbster

I have two free passes to go mountain e-biking at soldier hollow. Got them through work from Heber Valley because we are building a campus in Heber City, and this was a prize in a golf tournament the admins played in, they passed them down to me. They are cannondale full sus bikes.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to use them before they expire, as my schedule won’t work for the available dates.

Anybody want these?

IMG_8633.jpeg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
There's a little bit on the Salt Lake side. The Herriman and Yellowfork trail systems above Herriman are both being added to and there's a NICA race course that's either built or being built at the base of Butterfield, and they're making noise about extending the BST through all three of those and then hopefully up over the top into Middle.

Butterfield trails are open.

The_Lobbster

End of year clearance YT Jeffsy bikes are significantly reduced,

$1,000 off the base model, Core 2. Still has a fox 36 up front and DPX2 in the rear.

I had one for a while, really liked it, especially for the price point.

Looks like most sizes of 29’s are sold out, but they had a lot of the 27’s available last I checked.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 9.16.27 PM.jpg

dutchman

KI7KSV
End of year clearance YT Jeffsy bikes are significantly reduced,

$1,000 off the base model, Core 2. Still has a fox 36 up front and DPX2 in the rear.

I had one for a while, really liked it, especially for the price point.

Looks like most sizes of 29’s are sold out, but they had a lot of the 27’s available last I checked.

View attachment 163540

I've had a YT Jeffsy for about 3 years now, it's way too much bike for me but I've enjoyed it!! You'll be getting a great bike, especially for that price!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Well it was new (to me ) bike day. After riding several rentals and borrowing a few bikes I had an idea what I think I wanted.

We went to Woodward bike park in park city Friday. I rented a Pivot firebird from Guthrie in bountiful. I absolutely loved the bike. The park was pretty fun. Lots of jumps (I’m old) and the dirt was surprisingly super grippy. I rode up the hill several times on it trying to see how it pedaled. Surprisingly good for a long travel bike. I’m still so out of shape it’s depressing. Hopefully start seeing some improvement soon.

But on the downhill I rode better than I ever have. I was clearing jumps I never thought would be possible. Even sacked up and hit the small airbag jump. It was a riot!

I have been leaning towards a Santa Cruz megatower for a few weeks. The firebird has pretty much the same geometry and I was super happy with it.

Guthrie rental price is pretty steep IMO. 160 bucks for a day. Most I paid was 80 at the other places. But the fee goes towards a bike if you buy one from them.

They said the demos are on sale for 40% off sticker price now and without doing the math he thought the bike would be 4000 plus tax.

I left Woodward pretty much planning on buying it. But when I dropped the bike back off I found out they had it listed on KSL for 4999 plus tax. 4K was more then I wanted to spend so 5k was out of the question.

Well lo and behold this guy I messaged on FB about a megatower weeks ago with no reply….finally replied. He said make an offer and I did expecting a counter offer. But he said ok!

It’s a 2023 mega S build with a c frame. He said he only rode it several times this summer and the tires and everything else prove that. So after church today I drove to Pocatello to pick it up.

IMG_5681.jpeg

One little scratch on the head tube and the frame wrap is coming up in a few places. But way good shape.
I’m undecided on the pink grips. I don’t hate them as bad as I thought I would and they are super comfortable so I think they will stay for now.

The glove box is way neat. I was only able to ride around the neighborhood this evening but it does feel super similar to that Pivot firebird.

I’m super excited to get it in the dirt. I think it will suit me well

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Got it in the dirt for the first time last night. I am VERY impressed!

My Mt bike experience is pretty limited but this is definitely the best pedaling bike I’ve been on. I rode Fruit Loops which isn’t a horrible climb but still. My first time there. Pretty fun.
That big drop on the black line!! 😳

The suspension is pretty amazing as to be expected with a 165mm bike.

It has 170 mm cranks on it which I’m sure helps the climbing but I smacked pedals more times then I’d like to admit while pedaling. Need to get used to that.

I did 5 laps before the bugs were so bad I turned tail and ran

So far I’m pretty dang happy with my decision.
IMG_5714.jpegIMG_5715.jpegIMG_5716.jpeg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My son chose to have his 9th birthday party at 9 Line bike park yesterday.

Randomly 30 Glendale Middle School kids showed up for about 30 minutes with all their school bikes (Trek donated 55 bikes to their school in a grant to help kids learn to ride and enjoy bikes) and sang him happy birthday!

My boy decided (for his birthday present) to give his buddy a bike, who didn't have one. I couldn't be more proud.

Enjoy my kid's funny music choice 😄

jeeper

Currently without Jeep

Kevin B.

So what's going to be rideable after the storm tomorrow? I was hoping to get a nice long shuttle ride somewhere, but maybe that window is about to close...

Kevin B.

Forecast for up north a little bit is much milder - about an inch at Snowbasin. Should be hero dirt by Saturday? I'm trying to talk @TRD270 into some Sardine, anybody else want to come get a slice?

I like to park at the base of the dam, shuttle to the trailhead at Snowbasin, climb Sardine and then have a ripping descent off the top and all the way down Wheeler. I haven't been riding at all this summer so I'm gonna be slow and fat and I won't care if you're slow and fat too, let's have an RME ride before the snow really flies.