South-East Utah April RME Monthly Trip - Moab, UT

Bart

Turns out I'm going to be in Moab this weekend, but have some commitments for most of the weekend. Are there any set trails yet?

smfulle

Jeff and I with our two flatties Bam Bam and Grampa's Jeep will be running Cliffhanger on the morning of the 21st. We're going to try and get to the trail head early. If anyone wants to see if these two "stockish" flaties can get there and back feel free to tag along.

Bam Bam Dill Pickle.JPGGrampa's Jeep Dill Pickle.JPG

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Cliff Hanger is always fun.

Anybody have Friday and Sunday plans?

Pickle would be a good Sunday run for those of us heading out and back home since it's in the northern region. :cool:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I got a couple jeeps and maybe a side by side or 2 with me if you want to do something friday that they could handle. I read Kane creek in one post if folks want to to do that. Other suggestion possibly Flat Iron mesa or something similar.

I don't meet the minimum tire size ;) so if it's Pritchet I'll go find something else with them.

smfulle

I don’t want to hijack this trip over to cliffhanger, especially if people want to do something different.

Jeff is coming from Illinois specifically to run Cliffhanger, so we are running cliffhanger reguardless of what others do. I just wanted to let people know that we would love some company if anyone wants to come along.

Jeff wants to get on his way back to Illinois as soon as he can and I’d like to get back to Ogden Saturday without driving in the dark too much if possible, so we are going to start as early as we can. We’ll be staying Friday night at the Holiday Inn Express. We’ll grab some breakfast at the hotel then head to the trailhead. Hope to be there by 7:30 or 8.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Jeff and I with our two flatties Bam Bam and Grampa's Jeep will be running Cliffhanger on the morning of the 21st. We're going to try and get to the trail head early. If anyone wants to see if these two "stockish" flaties can get there and back feel free to tag along.

View attachment 113204View attachment 113205

Want to make it 3 Flat Fenders on Cliffhanger? :D I won't be locked in the front though, so I'll have to pick my lines carefully.... may need the strap at a few points.

Cliff Hanger is always fun.

Anybody have Friday and Sunday plans?

Pickle would be a good Sunday run for those of us heading out and back home since it's in the northern region. :cool:

I'm game for the Pickle on Sunday.... as mentioned above, I should be in the Willys. May need some help getting thru the trail!

No plans on Friday yet, I was thinking the Moab Rim?

I have never driven Cliffhanger. Have seen proof of the views on instagram haha. I will be pullin' in Friday evening and I'm totally cool with cliffhanger on Saturday. Will gladly watch and take some pics/vids of the flattys!

Not sure what I will do Sunday. Was thinking of maybe taking a little trip out to Top of the World before driving back to Northern Utah but we'll see. I'm open for suggestions.

Gawynz

A late commitment but a commitment none the less... I'm in! This trip sounds awesome. Currently my plan is to drive down on Thursday and leave on Sunday.

Cliffhanger is a great trail and I’d be down to run that Saturday. Also, I’ve been watching, “The Adventures of Grandpa’s Jeep and Bam Bam” on YouTube and while the lack of a cage makes me cringed when I see where you guys take those rigs, I’m definitely impressed and excited to see it in person!

I’d also be down to run Pickle on the way out of town on Sunday.

Anyone interested in running Pritchett as an out and back on Friday (I’m not street legal)? I just haven’t ran Pritchett in a long time and I’d love to make that happen if we can get a few takers.

I’ll be tenting it up, not sure where yet.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
A late commitment but a commitment none the less... I'm in! This trip sounds awesome. Currently my plan is to drive down on Thursday and leave on Sunday.

Cliffhanger is a great trail and I’d be down to run that Saturday. Also, I’ve been watching, “The Adventures of Grandpa’s Jeep and Bam Bam” on YouTube and while the lack of a cage makes me cringed when I see where you guys take those rigs, I’m definitely impressed and excited to see it in person!

I’d also be down to run Pickle on the way out of town on Sunday.

Anyone interested in running Pritchett as an out and back on Friday (I’m not street legal)? I just haven’t ran Pritchett in a long time and I’d love to make that happen if we can get a few takers.

I’ll be tenting it up, not sure where yet.

Awesome! I'm in for Pritchet Friday. Going up and back down is better anyways, the road out the back is LONG. Camped at behind the rocks last year and drove down Pritchet and back up... that route is just a long drive. Pretty but long.