South-East Utah April RME Monthly Trip - Moab, UT

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm going to try and summarize the days/trails/start times and folks can edit/repost this bulleted list as we settle on things. A few of the times I just threw in as suggestions so feel free to propose a different time. I tried to list folks who have committed to the different runs so that we know if we're missing someone. If this is a stupid idea… I’m fine with that too ha. Currently, as I understand it:
  • Friday April 20th
    • Pritchett Canyon (summit @ ~Yellow Hill and back)
      • On the trail time: 9am
      • Meeting Point: Trailhead
      • Rigs: Herzog, Gawynz
    • Moab Rim
      • On the trail time: 12 noon
      • Rigs: Greg
  • Saturday April 21st
    • Cliffhanger
      • On the trail time #1: 7:30am
        • Rigs: Jeff, smfulle, Greg
      • On the trail time #2: 8:30am
        • mbryson, xjtony, Herzog, Greg, rubi_On_Rocks, Gawynz, pELYgroso
  • Sunday April 22nd
    • Pickle
      • Meeting Point: Gemini turnoff (meet at 8am)
      • Rigs: Herzog, Greg, Gawynz, xjtony,
Again, if I’ve missed someone or some detail or something needs changed, copy/paste the list, edit, and repost, we’ll consider the latest to be correct.

We're probably in for Moab Rim on Friday (leaving SLC about 6 am), definitely in for Cliffhanger on Sat and Pickle is a good way to get out of town on Sunday.

Gawynz

I'm excited to run Pritchett and Cliffhanger back to back days, but I'm even more excited about it due to the camping logistics. I plan on tent camping at Kane Creek Campground which is ~1.7 miles from the furthest trailhead. Plan is to get to the camp spot mid-day tomorrow, unload my buggy and just drive it straight to the trails on Friday/Saturday, none of that loading/unloading crap... doesn't get a whole lot easier than that! :cool:

Sounds good. I'm stoked! My girlfriend and I will be rolling into Moab around 8-9pm Friday night. Not sure where we will camp yet but regardless we will be ready to rock and roll early Saturday morning.

Question: Does anyone have an enclosed trailer they are bringing? I want to shed my doors for Cliffhanger on Saturday but don't have a place to store them for the day.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I pooched it. Called Moab Rim rather than Slickrock campground somehow. We are in campsite L. Non-refundable so I’ll be staying out south rather than with the cool kids :(

We stayed there for Labor Day Campout a couple years ago. It’s a nice campground

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'm going to try and summarize the days/trails/start times and folks can edit/repost this bulleted list as we settle on things. A few of the times I just threw in as suggestions so feel free to propose a different time. I tried to list folks who have committed to the different runs so that we know if we're missing someone. If this is a stupid idea… I’m fine with that too ha. Currently, as I understand it:
  • Friday April 20th
    • Pritchett Canyon (summit @ ~Yellow Hill and back)
      • Rigs: Herzog, Gawynz
    • Moab Rim
      • On the trail time: 12 noon
      • Rigs: Greg, mbryson
  • Saturday April 21st
    • Cliffhanger
      • On the trail time #1: 7:30am
        • Rigs: Jeff, smfulle, Greg
      • On the trail time #2: 8:30am
        • mbryson, xjtony, Herzog, Greg, rubi_On_Rocks, Gawynz, pELYgroso
  • Sunday April 22nd
    • Pickle
      • Meeting Point: Gemini turnoff (meet at 8am)
      • Rigs: Herzog, Greg, Gawynz, xjtony, mbryson
Again, if I’ve missed someone or some detail or something needs changed, copy/paste the list, edit, and repost, we’ll consider the latest to be correct.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I pooched it. Called Moab Rim rather than Slickrock campground somehow. We are in campsite L. Non-refundable so I’ll be staying out south rather than with the cool kids :(

We stayed there for Labor Day Campout a couple years ago. It’s a nice campground

I'm in E, got 4wheelers with me so going to check out Kane Creek if anyone wants to join leaving Moab rim campground at 10.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just filled up the 8.1 Sub. 244 miles from Woods Cross. Put in 24 gallons. 8.7 mpg ...

Meeting Greg for Moab Rim at 11. At the diner for some early lunch