Bart's 99 TJ

I'd prefer this thread stay focused on the TJ and not my vehicular longevity. Picked up this Chili Pepper red 99 TJ up because it fit my needs sooooo much better than my old YJ.

It has:
Auto
A/C
Cruise
SYE
44 rear
Super 30 in the front
ARBs front and rear
4.5" of lift
Tuffy Console
Almost new 35 x 15 MTZs
Full size spare, and the list goes on and on.
I've already put my Warn front bumper on and the Warn 9000i winch I had in the garage. The rear Warn bumper/tire carrier will go on before EJS.

As with any rig I can't be satisfied until I make it mine. I picked up a used GenRight tank and have started planning the wheelbase stretch. I ordered the rear stretch corners from GenRight today and have a set of their rear control arms coming before EJS. After that it will get a Tera belly up and front long arm suspension. It will also get some good shocks. The wheelbase should be right around 100" when all is said and done.

Those are really the only mods I have planned for this rig. I want to be able to drive 80 on the freeway, wheel it in Moab, haul my clubs to the golf course, and maybe do some exploration.

Attachments

• 99TJ.jpg
    99TJ.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

RockChucker

I am finding it will be hard to keep my Jeep low with the 5.3. The harmonic balancer and ps pump will be very tight with the front axle at bump. It will all be worth it though!

Bart

I am finding it will be hard to keep my Jeep low with the 5.3. The harmonic balancer and ps pump will be very tight with the front axle at bump. It will all be worth it though!

That's another reason I'm not going to go too crazy with LCG right now.

LT.

I was wondering if you made it to EJS and, if you did would you happen to have some pictures of it? I really dig what y'all did and I would like to see some pictures of the finished product in its element. Thanks in advance.

LT.

Bart

Here's a couple from Moab. I still need to put the 60 in the rear, add the Atlas and do some tweaking, but it's getting close. I may even scrap the bed on the back idea and leave it like it is. I really liked the way it wheeled.
MoabRimsunset.jpgcliffhanger.jpgpavementends.jpgCarli&me.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think you're at that perfect spot where it's still a TJ that does it all, without being too modified or cut up. It may not be the most extreme thing out there, but it's just right. Nice work Bart... don't get too carried away! :D

RockChucker

how wide did your 60 end up being? I remember seeing it on here somewhere, but can't find it here. I think you narrowed it 3"ish? Thanks. Looks awesome!

Bart

Thanks all. I agree Greg, it's wheeling awesome and will do better once I get a front locker in. I'm going to add the parts I currently have, add a sway bar, tweak it a bit and run it for a while. It drives around town nicely and goes 70 on the freeway easily, and I haven't even balanced the tires yet.

The front ended up being 66.5" wide, a bit wider than I wanted but it's manageable and I can make it legally pass inspection with a couple of minor add ons.

Bart

My project over the weekend was to remove the spare tire carrier and mount the license plate. I still need to add a plate light and 3rd brake light, but this part is finished. The part I wasn't expecting was how much the rear would raise without the weight. I'll deal with it. BTW, my spare will fit in the tub when I do longer trips where I'll need it. Thanks to Carl (ILean) for the work on the plate.
LP1.jpgJeep.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm actually a little surprised, I though this one was going to stick around awhile... seemed like the prefect balance between trail performance & street driveability. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned Bart!