Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Goodyear MTR

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
SukaB whats your opinion on the Thornbirds?
If I had the cash Id defnatly buy Interco over the others, if I didnt have to worry too much about them wearing down and could afford another set :)

Only reason I go with the MT'R or KM is the longer tread life for daily driving, if it was a dedicated trailer queen she would be sitting on some 33" Swampers, Thornbirds fo shooooooo

sukaB

Banned
I've never ran thornchickens on my ride.....
I would run them way before bfg or goodqueer's....
Everyone needs to stop talking tread life,Interco has there TRUXUS done and that's the same or better for life on the street we know about offroad eehh kids.....
Lets put some 37's on that bad bizzzzzzzzzz of yours...!!!

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
TRUXUS, those Bias ply or radial? Also what could you get a set of 33 for : Whenever I can afford some. Doesnt look like Trxus come in 37's yet

trxus
RXM-06R
33x12.50R-15LT

trexus_mud_terrain-200.jpg

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
33x12.50x15's Truxus (radial) muds for $125.00 a tire not including shipping.
Four tires shipped is around 100.00 to 140.00
I just got an order of four 35" Truxus muds in yesterday and his bill was 860 total with ship.:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
MT/R---my second set and I ran an SSR in between. For my driving and wheeling Goodyears are hard to beat. Basicly for what Greg said. Balancing is nice, wear and noise are significantly less than the SSR. SSR is better in mud, but I like the MT/R on the rocks better (I ran my SSR at ultra low (4-5 PSI) to get them to grip like an MT/R at 8 psi). I don't think the SSR is 'bad', but I like the MT/R more.

If you're doing a trail only rig, I'd probably lean to the SX. Ultra tough sidewall and run it at low pressures. I'd want more than a D44 in the front, though above 33". They are heavy bastids...

harkinoff

something to do...
the sx's are extremely heavy, especially when mounted on military hummer rims, wow, I helped a buddy load some in the back of a truck, the 38.5's, it was a two man job!!!

P

pokeyYJ

The reason that I am nervous about buying interco tires, is that the last set that I had rode like crap and I couldn't listen to my C/D player because it skipped all the time. They were some SX's and my AT's ride WAY nicer. How do the Truxxus ride? And I guess that this comes into play also, how do Truxxus's handle the snow, my AT's are awesome in the snow.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Just to through something into the mix look at the Pro Comp Mud Terrain's. I have them on my scramlber and had BFG AT before and they seem to be alot quieter. They are less than the BFG and MTR. Get a price for them off of summit and 4wheel parts will match it and sell a life time warranty for 10% more. I got five 35x12.5 and one black rim for $715 with tax no mounting. The worked good on Rattle Snake for me

Ryan

We run BFG's in competition because we get 'em cheap, they come with a pit crew, and they pay good contingency(or WILL at least, as soon as we place top 3;) ).

I run MT/R's on my wifes 4Runner, solely for the sidewall issue. I've found them to hold up better than the BFG's(lost (3) sidewalls in about 3 weeks), although I may run BFG's after my current MT/R's wear out, based only on price.

As far as traction on slickrock and in the boulders between the two---pretty comparable as far as I've been able to tell.

I'd like to try the Trxxus, but according to Brandons price above, that's $215 per tire for 35's------waaaaaaaaaaaay too rich for my blood(I've paid that before, but now I'm married:D ). If they had a proven track record of good mileage, resiliancy, balanceability(is that even a word?), and superior offroad performance, I might be willing to pony up. I know at least one person that is running them, but I won't put up that kinda cash for a 35" until I see more of a history.

I personally don't think you could go wrong with either tire(BFG or MT/R). Buy one the first go 'round, and the other the next. See for yourself which works better for you. Not everybody wheels all the same stuff to the same degree.

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
That's more like 150 when I add that up a tire?
I used a calculator......
I think it's going to be funny when all these tire company's are going to charge everyone for tires after their done using you for advertisment.
Like GOODQUEER does now.
I lost over 3 grand this year in BFG money I wouldnt have it any other way....
I'm no one's whore.....;)

Ryan

Originally posted by sukaB
33x12.50x15's Truxus (radial) muds for $125.00 a tire not including shipping.
Four tires shipped is around 100.00 to 140.00
I just got an order of four 35" Truxus muds in yesterday and his bill was 860 total with ship.:D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

From what you typed above:

860/4=215

Maybe you need to check the batteries in your calculator...:p

Ryan

That's more like 150 when I add that up a tire?
I used a calculator......
I think it's going to be funny when all these tire company's are going to charge everyone for tires after their done using you for advertisment.
Like GOODQUEER does now.
I lost over 3 grand this year in BFG money I wouldnt have it any other way....
I'm no one's whore.....;)

If they start charging more down the road, that's thier prerogative. I got a good deal while it lasted. I'm not saying I would stick with them under those circumstances, but they have every right to charge whatever they want, just like I have every right to buy somebody elses tires at that point. I personally have no problem being used for advertisement if I can get the tires cheap, the tires work okay for me(which they do), they are willing to help with anything I need at a comp, and they are willing to pay me if I do well.

At least at this point, if I could get the same deal with Goodyear, I'd probably run Goodyears, if I could get the same deal with Interco, I'd probably run Interco's. Right now BFG is making the offer, so I'm taking it.

Granted I haven't seen the Truxus in action very much, but I haven't seen that big of a difference between the (3) tires in question that I would run one over the other if the cost was much higher.

Now, if I could provide for myself everything that BFG will provide me if I run their tire, and the money was not a factor, I'd try all (3) and pick the best. But I can hardly afford to show up to the comps as it is, let alone buy my own support team.

Call it "whoring" if you like, but I see it as taking advantage of an opportunity that I could not get otherwise at this point.

I love to compete, and if I have to run BFG's due to cost until I can afford to run whatever I want, that's worth it to me.

Anyway, that's my $.005 :D

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
EEHH,
Ryan
I'm not bustin your balls....
I feel what your puttin down I would be doin the same thing if i didnt have a sponsor with Interco...
I use those guys too, I make them tighten my lugs and rotate my tires too. They also wear my shirts when there out drinking after the events..
I'm mostly pissed off at the guys who call someone and ask to be hooked up with a special price for a tire and then go to the comp's and get some new tires and then come home and sell them....
I also hate the idea that the big company's give out tires and then once there done using people as whores the tell them to screw off (we aint givin you any more tires..........
By the way Did I mention I hate Good queer and there staff..
They are the biggest pieces of crap around.....Except little JOE.
My negative 4 cents

Ryan

EEHH,
Ryan
I'm not bustin your balls....
I feel what your puttin down I would be doin the same thing if i didnt have a sponsor with Interco...
I use those guys too, I make them tighten my lugs and rotate my tires too. They also wear my shirts when there out drinking after the events..
I'm mostly pissed off at the guys who call someone and ask to be hooked up with a special price for a tire and then go to the comp's and get some new tires and then come home and sell them....
I also hate the idea that the big company's give out tires and then once there done using people as whores the tell them to screw off (we aint givin you any more tires..........
By the way Did I mention I hate Good queer and there staff..
They are the biggest pieces of crap around.....Except little JOE.
My negative 4 cents

Naw dude, it's all good:cool:

All in good fun.

Oh, and yeah, I kinda get the feeling you're not to fond of GY, LOL.

I've never dealt with anyone from GY, and don't really plan to either;)

Ryan

... and if the Truxus are around $150 for a 35", I might look into them when I'm ready for tires on my wifes 4Runner. They look pretty sweet for a daily driver.

sukaB

Banned
I can get you some around 155 a tire...
I have them on my tow rig and i love them and can't wait till it snows to see if my truck just slides through the intersections like it used to with the Butt ram mudders's on it.
Take it easy....
You coming to the swap meet?

Ryan

Yeah, I'm plannin' on stopping by early afternoon sometime. I'm gonna be in the area, but I'll most likely have the wife with me. She get's stoked about wheelin', but she can only take so much wheelin' BS if ya know what I mean, LOL.

It might be short, but I'll stop by regardless and we can shoot the bull for a bit:D