• Goodyear MTR

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

sukaB

Banned
Well Marc,
You should see if they have an opening for reps.
hehehehe

I agree with you Goodqueer's are probably better for you on the STREET, less stress, better balancing ability, and the ocassional curb at the mall but like I said It's My OPINION and I'm throwing out the child here.....With your tires.
I would love to invite yourself wheelin with us to every offroad trail ride to rock crawl for the next whole season and we will see how many spares you go through....But then again you shop with yours so you win..........
My negative $0.2

(Quote)
I could take a sh*z in a box slap a guaranteed sticker on it and make the sell but I'd rather sell you a quality product for a great price....

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well, Brandon, I don't think I could keep up with your tube creation with a basicly stock vehicle.

I do run around a little with crawling competitors and have never held them up, but with my street rig, I don't take the exact same lines either {or sometimes I don't even take my rig--I'll go as a trail bitch}. I've wheeled with you before, a couple of years ago, and offered to help you out while your spotter had you FAWKED at Little Moab (you still had a stockish rig at that point}. You seemed like a good kid and you've done pretty well for yourself after the competitions. I hope for your continued success in the future. Good luck!

I wish you well, but to be frank, you're coming off a little arrogant. I think to be an effective shop owner, you need to evaluate a persons needs, and then recommend a product that will work the best for them, even if it is a set of ATs and a 3" lift or something. I feel like we've stolen this post from it's original inception enough and if you'd like to take it offline, I'd be glad to do that.

See you offline....

sukaB

Banned
My opinion is my opinion....
Since you bring it up...
If someone comes to my small place of business to save alot of money then that's there perogative......
Same as there needs are evaluated and catered to depending on what they want, not what I want.......
If you go to my web page and read the home page you will understand what we are after OVER here.
But I wouldnt asume you can't do your job at whatever your supposed to be attending to right now at your place of employment..............
Since you would like to bring up a shop stand point rather than me having fun and supporting what I personally beleive.
I didnt say you couldnt keep up or that I'm some kind of bad ass what I said was I bet over a years time of your jeep traveling with mine on the trail I will bet money a tire will fail before another.
Would you like me to keep traveling down the highway if I see you with a flat or blow out....
Nice chattin with ya
Have a wonderful day

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Marc, I think you aren't grasping the full-on "SukaB Experience"
I think he is relating his experiences i his own way, while it may seem arrogant, it is not meant to be, he is just being Frank, or Brandon, or whoever. .02 As far as the retreads, have you guys ever peeled one? They tend to do that, and when you peel a cap and it rips off your front clip and kills your kid, go back and read the small print. Yes, big trucks run them all the time, I know cuz that's what I've peeled them on 20 times or so. In a big truck, you have 17 or so other tires to keep you going, and they are ILLEGAL on steer tires. Just some facts from a dumb hick truckdriver.:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Gentlman....I advise you strongly to take this possible flame war into the back channels. We need not rag on each other however fun it may be!! If you want a flame war, I may propose that to Greg and see if he wants to put in a section under chit chat for venting. I think this thread has run its course...if these abbrasive comments continue, I will close the thread.

Good day :)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
My opinion is my opinion....
Since you bring it up...
If someone comes to my small place of business to save alot of money then that's there perogative......
Same as there needs are evaluated and catered to depending on what they want, not what I want.......
If you go to my web page and read the home page you will understand what we are after OVER here.
But I wouldnt asume you can't do your job at whatever your supposed to be attending to right now at your place of employment..............
Since you would like to bring up a shop stand point rather than me having fun and supporting what I personally beleive.
I didnt say you couldnt keep up or that I'm some kind of bad ass what I said was I bet over a years time of your jeep traveling with mine on the trail I will bet money a tire will fail before another.
Would you like me to keep traveling down the highway if I see you with a flat or blow out....
Nice chattin with ya
Have a wonderful day

Sorry about that Spence!!! You're right on the money. I don't see that we need to have a ton of confrontations around here, but some heated debate is always interesting. We might have crossed the line there. Sorry to you too SukaB........

SUKAB:
Hopefully this will help 'clear the air', but I think you're doing great things opening or running your shop (I'm not sure exactly what you are doing, but good luck with it) and I wish I was doing the same instead of repairing computers and phones. Whatever pays the bills, I guess. More power to you.

Let's see, comp. buggy vs. street XJ......hmmmmm you've really thrown down the gauntlet there, eh?
I didn't build my Jeep to keep up with your competition rig. I think asking my XJ to follow your buggy around would be asking alot. Mind is willing, body not able. My goal in building my station wagon was to be able to complete Pritchett Canyon without assistance and I'm happy to say that it can, will and has done that on numerous occasions. If I build another style of rig, it would probably be a stretched YJ or something (about 100 wheelbase, leaf sprung 1ton axles, and some larger tires {probably SX's as they offer the sizes I'd like--although the 40" MT/R is kind of tempting, though and I'd run that with my contact to back me up--as it would be a little of a trailer queen}) and I'd hope to be able to keep up with some/most of your trails/obstacles and I'd welcome your invitation. I think you've built your rig with something different in mind than what I've done. Nothing wrong with that, your rigs parameters vs. mine. Mine would last about 1-2 obstacles in competition {maybe more, but that would be what I'd expect}, and you and I both know it.

I'd also be the first to stop and help out a fellow 'wheeler that is stranded with a flat or needs a tool or just another brain to help out with some diagnosis {I know I appreciate those things, sometimes}.

Next time you run something like Pritchett, let me know, I'll try and get there.

Edit: spelling and a little clarification

Last edited:

ewander

"they" told me that the retread tires would work fine......after all aren't we supposed to belive what "they" tell us? The voices...you know..right?