Big bore kit?

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I went and bought the right torque spec wrench at lunch for 80$ -_-, but realized it is an investment. New cam cap bolts showed up from Rocky Mountain ATV. Decided to replaced all 8 and torque them to spec with no issues. Now I am waiting on my Unabiker Radiator guards and New carburetor to show up to finish assembling the rest of the bike.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
A review I read showed the HF torque wrenches to be within .01% of the Snap-On stuff. Good enough for me.

The biggest deal is always remembering to loosen them after each use to prevent sag on the spring.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I have been thinking about that kit for my bike, but I ride mostly trails and I have never really needed more power. I might just pull the trigger on it one day, how long did it take to get your cylinder back?

Marsh99

I have been thinking about that kit for my bike, but I ride mostly trails and I have never really needed more power. I might just pull the trigger on it one day, how long did it take to get your cylinder back?

I still have my factory cylinder. Bill charges you 175$ core charge until you ship your factory cylinder to him.

Marsh99

20160326_134038.jpg

I went out for a ride today and loved the torque. I still am running the factory carb due to Bill being back ordered on the pumper carbs. I am already happy and love the smooth power band and can't wait for the pumper carb to be on.

Marsh99

This bike is awesome now! I am so happy with the way this bike rides. I did get the pumper carb on and dialed in. The bike has the low seat height I need, and the power and torque of a traditional dirt bike. The power band is what I love. The bike doesn't not have a big hit in the power band, it has a ton of low end torque that continues through the entire rpm range. I am very happy with this bike and I am glad I did the big bore kit. I know I would have been happy with any brand of 300 - 450, but I really like this project because it was something I was able to tinker with and build myself.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

Ouch that's a big hit. Mine more than doubled its fuel consumption. That's a major drawback IMO. That big tank is going to definitely change things. Hopefully it fits your needs right. I went from 1.8 to 4.0 and it really wore me out