BIG buggy build - 4 seat - build with pics

MRJ

Just a user
I think Mike used to be the supplier, then they stopped after they had enough time to steal the design. I also bought some stuff from ballistic fab. My stuff was pretty good, could have been a little cleaner though. I know they leave a little bigger hole on their brackets for fine tuning and tolerances :confused:

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

MRJ

Just a user
I'll be an ass and answer for him: they are not getting them from him. :mad:

Granted, I'm up on Mike's bozack, cuz he spreads the mad love around UT, and I can't have some punkass biznotches jackin' my boyz' materiiiiiaaaaaalllls yo, you feel me?

/ebonics

:bryson::D

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
UPDATE

For a BIG buggy, I wanted BIG yokes & u-joints, so I requested 1410's when I ordered the STAK case. Here's a pic of a yoke next to a pepsi can for size comparison.

The downfall is that the yokes come threaded for the strap type u-joint retainer. :-\ You can see the threads in the 1st pic.

Sent them off to High Angle Driveline for a little customizing. :D
Now the yokes accept the u-bolt style retainer.

Attachments

• Yoke 1.JPG
    Yoke 1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Yoke 2 sm.JPG
    Yoke 2 sm.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 9

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Also found this...

2 way joystick for the rear steering.
The center button will be used for "return to center".

A home brew sensing ram is in the works, but will take a while to complete.

Attachments

• Joystick 1.JPG
    Joystick 1.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 10

notajeep

Just me
UPDATE

For a BIG buggy, I wanted BIG yokes & u-joints, so I requested 1410's when I ordered the STAK case. Here's a pic of a yoke next to a pepsi can for size comparison.

The downfall is that the yokes come threaded for the strap type u-joint retainer. :-\ You can see the threads in the 1st pic.

Sent them off to High Angle Driveline for a little customizing. :D
Now the yokes accept the u-bolt style retainer.

What did that cost you? I am doing the same with my atlas and buggy.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I could have drilled those out for you for half the price. :D Those are the yokes I plan to get too, bigger is better :cool:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I could have drilled those out for you for half the price. :D Those are the yokes I plan to get too, bigger is better :cool:

H.A.D. did the work for an obscenely good price. Jesse was AWESOME to deal with, and incredibly fast too. A+ customer service!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
thats a lot of work to build a jeep j/k :D jonny # 5 is looking good

What are you doing out of bed? It's only 11:04 A.M.???
Did PBS start a Rainbow Bright marathon?
Mountain Dew truck wreck in front of your house?
Richard Simmons wake you up on his way out the door? :ugh:

There has to be an explanation for this madness!
:rofl:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
ok, so it's been a LONG time since an update... :-\

In short, the buggy spent about 5 months in storage (due to moving, buying a new house, etc). In addition, I've been travelling a fair amount for work. I finally started working on it again, and snapped a few pics.

I wanted to mock up the axles, wheels and tires in hopes of helping me to determine link placement. The rockwells are heavy beasts, and top heavy at that, so I took some scrap tube and welded them directly to the chassis (for now). I'll obviously cut the temporary mounts out once the 4-links are set up.

Attachments

• 003 sm.jpg
    003 sm.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 121