Big UROC changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by bobdog
What is the real story?

I tried to get it out of craig BUT...I think he has signed a contract with a non-disclosure clause where he cannot talk about the specifics of the deal. I feel that there was some sort of hostile take-over by te pateys where craig was offered a lump sum and a gesture towards the exit door as the only option. That is just theory but that is what I feel went on. It is classic business technique.

craig and the pateys are taking over the market.

Ranch and rcca are losing market share.

pateys want to eliminate competetion. Craig probably wanted to slowly strangle RCCA to death over the next couple of years by pure superiority.

Pateys want fast results so they boot craig and buy RCCA. Problem solved.....

this is just my .02$ so take it for what it's worth. This is just pure speculation so don't go taking this as fact....or even anything close to it because I got NOTHING out of craig...he was very tight lipped on sunday morning....

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Allow me to offer more SPECULATION:

Craig wasn't booted, but instead chose to retire and in doing so didn't get much of a lump sum at all.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Here's what happened to the last buisness I worked for. Owner was bought out for 40 million, signed a contract as the Manager for one year, and another contract- "Non compete" So he basically smoothed the transition, and agreed not to start a new buisness that would compete.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I did not get the feel from craig that this was a voluntary situation. In my conversations with craig, he seemed very upset about the whole deal. Not upset that I was asking but upset that things weren't going as planned.

I also talked to Dallas, Craig's son, he was a little more forward about the situation but still indescript but I could tell dallas was pissed off too.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Craig may have lost his "Say" in the whole thing, when the Patey's came in, and is now upset that things aren't going as he would want, but he can't do anything, cuz he is out of the management. I would be upset too if someone messed with something I had worked so hard to create.

S

sukaB

spencurai said:
true true!!
Wait to see what's whats coming.....
It'll be called the WWF-Monstertruck-BOOM BOOM Huck Jam..For short

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
sukaB said:
Wait to see what's whats coming.....
It'll be called the WWF-Monstertruck-BOOM BOOM Huck Jam..For short

or lolla-provo-nerds-with-cash-kick-out-the-good-guy-and-bring-on-a-looza

or the "family values tour"....wait that one is already taken....

or the completely un-warped tour with guest appearences by return missionary boy-band Jericho Road.....

B is gonna kill me for this one.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
S

sukaB

I'll smack you next time I see you BIOTCH.
Get that crap off there...
Fag boy band bitches.

Bart

The whole thing caught me by surprise, but as a competitor, I was glad to see it happen. It can only mean good things for organized rock crawling.

I think Craig was onboard with things, except for the way it all went down. Bummer, I hated to see Craig go. Dallas mentioned that Craig hasn't had a vacation with the family since UROC started. He deserves a break and much gratitude and appreciation.

As for Patey's, they have invested heavily, and one main reason was, to eventually make money back. Why else does someone invest money? This sport is taking off and they are speculating they can be part of it. Despite the merger and great things to come, they are not the only players in the market, and some of those players have yet to be seen. Rock Crawling Motorsports will grow and Patey's have positioned themselves well, only time will tell.

As for Ranch, he started something that was new way back in the beginning and has a great circut. Despite what some may think, he's done well and is one of the key reasons the sport is where it is today. I'm happy to see forces joined and think that with the right chemestry it can only get better. Take the good things from both series and man, how can it not skyrocket.

Last but not least, I'm happy this thread is almost over. I've never seen RCAA spelled so many different ways. :rofl:

Bart

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
spencurai said:
I think back to when craig started his organization on the jeep-slc list. It was an epiphony for a lot of people and something that filled a niche....that niche is now open again. Craig started it to have something for the average joe to compete in. He wanted the average guy to be able to put together a decent rig and compete. I think UROC left that arena after the first year......anyone care to step up and start another organization to keep it real....

Not true. The fact of the matter is that there will always be the high dollar rigs in competitions. Any competition (from basket weaving to bicycling to NASCAR) will invariably have a division over time from those who do it on more of a casual basis and a lower budget to those who have the high dollar sponsors and are in it fulltime and seriously. Not saying anything about how it's done and if it is fair or right etc...

*HOWEVER* UROC has made allowances for that with the Legends class and now the Super Stock class. You can still take a fairly low budget backyard wrenched rig and compete in the Super Stock class and have an oppertunity of winning.

What's the difference from the dirt ovals in many small mid-west towns where guys get their cars out on the track and start competing? Some will do well and get noticed. This leads to some small sponsorships that allow them to compete in a wider area or in a higher level. At any rate this is the "stepping up" process that leads to NASCAR and is similar to the farm leagues in baseball.

Just want to make sure you qualify your comments.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
spencurai said:
I tried to get it out of craig BUT...I think he has signed a contract with a non-disclosure clause where he cannot talk about the specifics of the deal. I feel that there was some sort of hostile take-over by te pateys where craig was offered a lump sum and a gesture towards the exit door as the only option. That is just theory but that is what I feel went on. It is classic business technique.

craig and the pateys are taking over the market.

Ranch and rcca are losing market share.

pateys want to eliminate competetion. Craig probably wanted to slowly strangle RCCA to death over the next couple of years by pure superiority.

Pateys want fast results so they boot craig and buy RCCA. Problem solved.....

this is just my .02$ so take it for what it's worth. This is just pure speculation so don't go taking this as fact....or even anything close to it because I got NOTHING out of craig...he was very tight lipped on sunday morning....

OK - I'm glad you qualified this by saying it's just your opinion because you don't know what's going on (and just for the record I'm not saying I do either). Just to let you know - Craigs reasons are just that *HIS* reasons. It's not your business to try and ferrett out (or sniff around like a dog sniffing ass) what his motivations are. He's publicly stated that he wants to compete. He's also had problems with his employer (the power plant in Delta not UROC) and his job is how he provides for his family. The time off he takes for UROC (To find the event sites, build the courses, pre-run the courses, schmoose the local BLM and politico's to get the permits needed, meet with vendors and sponsors the list can go on and on) and the time he takes at home to do all of this stuff it was taking time away from things he felt he needed to focus on (FAMILY being one and his job being another).

Now - I can tell you that Craigs leaving UROC was VOLUNTARY! There was no pushing Craig out and I for one don't appreciate you saying that he was "Visibly upset" when you talked to him at breakfast. You don't know what's on his mind. Maybe he just found out his mother had been diagnosed with cancer. You saying that you "tried to get it out of Craig" just pisses me off. He has his reasons and he's stated them publicly. If that's not good enough for you then that's your deal but stop trying to paint a picture that's not there.

I can also tell you a little about the acquisition... Ranch (ie RCAA) has been asking UROC to flat out buy them out for the past year or so. UROC has refused the buy out and offered a merger (for reasons already discussed but just to clarify for the growth of the sport). The Merger offer wasn't acceptable to RCAA until just recently. SO again your *SPECULATION* about Craig's and the Patey's motives is just that - your fantasy pipe dream. You (nor I for that matter) have no idea what was talked about behind closed doors and who wanted to do what to whom. So don't throw out BS (and yes, I'm calling *BS* to your comments) unless you know.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
jrussell3176 said:
If he won't talk how do you know what he got???:rolleyes:

Seems to me there's probably another reason he doesn't want to talk about it...money!

And I'd say you're talking out your bung hole. Based upon your earlier comments you've already shown your ignorance. Who are you that suddenly know's so much about Craig and his deal with UROC?

Stop seeing the proverbial money tree in Craigs backyard doofus.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Bart said:
The whole thing caught me by surprise, but as a competitor, I was glad to see it happen. It can only mean good things for organized rock crawling.

I think Craig was onboard with things, except for the way it all went down. Bummer, I hated to see Craig go. Dallas mentioned that Craig hasn't had a vacation with the family since UROC started. He deserves a break and much gratitude and appreciation.

As for Patey's, they have invested heavily, and one main reason was, to eventually make money back. Why else does someone invest money? This sport is taking off and they are speculating they can be part of it. Despite the merger and great things to come, they are not the only players in the market, and some of those players have yet to be seen. Rock Crawling Motorsports will grow and Patey's have positioned themselves well, only time will tell.

As for Ranch, he started something that was new way back in the beginning and has a great circut. Despite what some may think, he's done well and is one of the key reasons the sport is where it is today. I'm happy to see forces joined and think that with the right chemestry it can only get better. Take the good things from both series and man, how can it not skyrocket.

Last but not least, I'm happy this thread is almost over. I've never seen RCAA spelled so many different ways. :rofl:

Bart

Well said and some good common sense was just voiced here. Funny that it seems to be in such short supply with others.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
There is no need to be calling names here. I think everyone realizes that the statements in this thread are purely speculative. For all I know, you could be talking out your "bunghole" right now, I might be too, but there is no reason for name calling. If you don't agree with something, argue it, but don't be a dick.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Hickey said:
There is no need to be calling names here. I think everyone realizes that the statements in this thread are purely speculative. For all I know, you could be talking out your "bunghole" right now, I might be too, but there is no reason for name calling. If you don't agree with something, argue it, but don't be a dick.

Amen......

Status
Not open for further replies.