Big UROC changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
let me go into the visually disturbed thing....it seems that you got some strange idea in your head.

I have a casual relationship with craig and his family also. I am constantly at his house when I am in delta with my in-laws. So I have a reasonable base with which to compare a calm and care-free craig with.

When the subject was brought up he evaded the question as if ANGRY....facial expressions changed, mood changed, VISUALLY DISTURBED!!! He dodged out of the question as if it was an unpleasent experience he just went through...like getting fired from a job...usually you don't want to talk about it gingerly and with happy tones....GET IT!!!

He was not happy about the whole situation...he was VISUALLY DISTURBED. BODY LANGUAGE, FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, NON SPOKEN VERBALS....why is this getting taken as a diss on craig.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
goin4xn said:
I just identified myself to Creighton.

My knowledge comes from casual conversation with both Craig and Lisa and directly contradicts what Spence was saying about Craig being visibly disturbed and others suggesting that Craig has somehow made a mint on UROC and now that his ship has come in he's off to the races.

Scott
You are reading WAY to much into everyones posts here. One last time... This thread is about SPECULATION.

My take on this thread is completely different than yours. Maybe you are reacting so differently because the content is close to you, and people you know. Maybe you should go back and read the thread again, it seems you think this thread is a "we hate that Rich, arrogant, secretive Craig guy, and we're gonna bash him" thread. It is not, or at least, that is the feeling I came away with.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
rich arrogant craig....he is the most humble guy I have met in a long time..that is where he garners a lot of respect from...he is not a slick back smooth talking RV salesman....tough to trust if you know what I mean!!! ;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
spencurai said:
rich arrogant craig....he is the most humble guy I have met in a long time..that is where he garners a lot of respect from...he is not a slick back smooth talking RV salesman....tough to trust if you know what I mean!!! ;)
I agree. I have only met him a few times, but as they say, actions speak louder...

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
spencurai said:
He was not happy about the whole situation...he was VISUALLY DISTURBED. BODY LANGUAGE, FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, NON SPOKEN VERBALS....why is this getting taken as a diss on craig.

*SIGH*
This is NOT a diss on craig. Where in anything that I wrote have I dissed on Craig?

I was defending Craig.

Has it occured to you that he may have been tired of answering everyones questions about why he was leaving UROC? Maybe that's why his demeanor changed.
Scott

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Hickey said:
You are reading WAY to much into everyones posts here. One last time... This thread is about SPECULATION.

My take on this thread is completely different than yours. Maybe you are reacting so differently because the content is close to you, and people you know. Maybe you should go back and read the thread again, it seems you think this thread is a "we hate that Rich, arrogant, secretive Craig guy, and we're gonna bash him" thread. It is not, or at least, that is the feeling I came away with.

OK - I'm willing to concede that I may have misunderstood. It's just that there are posts here implying that Craig won't talk about leaving UROC because he's been paid a lot of money his leaving UROC was forced.

That simply isn't true

Ryan

goin4xn said:
I just identified myself to Creighton.

My name is Scott Phillips.

I am the head judge for UROC.

Scott

Just to maybe put a face with the name, are you the one that took the first 20 minutes or so of the driver meeting at Supercrawl? Been competing in UROC since day one, and I still don't know half the judges names. ;)

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Scott, in all it seemed strange to have such a sudden and big change with UROC. I think we all (me included)assumed that there were other things that prompted this change, and that's why Craig left UROC. We were just throwing our thoughts out there, sorry. With your position and inside info, you could have enlightened us a little earlier. :D

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Ryan said:
Just to maybe put a face with the name, are you the one that took the first 20 minutes or so of the driver meeting at Supercrawl? Been competing in UROC since day one, and I still don't know half the judges names. ;)

Yup that would be me.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Andy said:
Scott, in all it seemed strange to have such a sudden and big change with UROC. I think we all (me included)assumed that there were other things that prompted this change, and that's why Craig left UROC. We were just throwing our thoughts out there, sorry. With your position and inside info, you could have enlightened us a little earlier. :D

Well, as you can see by my post count I don't check in here that often. Sorry!

The changes were sudden for all of us. Mark Patey told me the deal had not been formally agreed upon until Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember which night but lean toward Wed.) before SuperCrawl.

Craig has been putting in a lot of time with UROC and it's worn him out. It's taken him away from his family and his true love has always been to compete. From what I understand (and I am far from knowing everything) he's been tossing around the idea of resigning from UROC for several months now. With the culmination of the UROC/RCAA merger it just seemed like a good time for him to bow out. His baby has grown larger than he'd ever hoped for and it was just too much for him to do on a part time basis. He's got a good thing going with his job at the power plant (ie, time on the job, benefits, pension etc) that he would stand to lose if he spent more time focused at UROC.

UROC is still re-organizing and I don't know anything as far as what will happen, how many comps there will be, what will happen with staff etc... so there is still much that I am in the dark on. What I do know is that while it was hard for Craig to make the decision to leave UROC, the end result is that he's happy with his decision and will be happy competing and I look forward to seeing him driving the Commando and sdhowing us all how it's done!
Scott

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
goin4xn said:
*SIGH*
This is NOT a diss on craig. Where in anything that I wrote have I dissed on Craig?

I was defending Craig.

Has it occured to you that he may have been tired of answering everyones questions about why he was leaving UROC? Maybe that's why his demeanor changed.
Scott
you missed it again. Spenc is asking why you think HIS post is a diss.

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Hickey said:
are you related to MudslidesJeep? :rolleyes: I'm done with you.

Nope. But you must be related to Spence from the way you just don't "get it."

I never said Spence dissed Craig. I never Dissed Craig and I'd like for you to point out what I wrote that would give you that impression so that I can clarify it if needed.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
goin4xn said:
Nope. But you must be related to Spence from the way you just don't "get it."

I never said Spence dissed Craig. I never Dissed Craig and I'd like for you to point out what I wrote that would give you that impression so that I can clarify it if needed.
Spence is my wheelin Brotha, but other than that, no relation.

Status
Not open for further replies.