Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

STAG

On my grind
And I was wrong, from the first posted picture it looked like a ducks unltd sticker but I have no clue what that actually is. Bumper looks good on there, how easy did it fit?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Steve,

I think yesterday may have set a record for the amount accomplished in a day...

In your driveway... (Kurt's shop does not count)

Booo :D

You guys did kill it, that is a ton of work to do in a shop let alone in a driveway, kudos to you guys.

Steve, as for OME/Light Racing/Dakar, etc. One quick realizes there can be a major difference between what is better for 1-2 years versus what is best for 3-5 years if that makes sense. I have installed just about every suspension system there is out there for Tacoma's and when it came time to outfit mine, I didn't even thing twice because it has done such a fantastic job proving itself. I could use your comments on the phone with customers a few times a week :D

sixstringsteve

And I was wrong, from the first posted picture it looked like a ducks unltd sticker but I have no clue what that actually is. Bumper looks good on there, how easy did it fit?

It bolted right up. You did a great job building it. I still need to add recovery points on the back...

Last edited:

LT.

Wow! In just a few hours this thread is on page three. Your builds just never end. Seems like you get one almost completed and you are off on another vehicle.

LT.

sixstringsteve

I could use your comments on the phone with customers a few times a week :D

please do, there's no sense in people having to learn the hard way by buying an inferior suspension system only to replace it later. I'm not sure why I used to assume that OME was only for the softcore wheelers, but I was sure wrong. By far one of the best mods I've ever made. Do you also sell the SP/Light Racing UCAs?

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Steve are you going to WOTR?

Yes, that's the plan. I won't be doing anything hardcore, but I like to hang out and watch the crazy people roll their rigs. I'm going to make a camping trip out of it. I may do some backcountry route into camp. I'm tempted to run Gooseberry Mesa on the mountain bike too...

jentzschman

please do, there's no sense in people having to learn the hard way by buying an inferior suspension system only to replace it later. I'm not sure why I used to assume that OME was only for the softcore wheelers, but I was sure wrong. By far one of the best mods I've ever made. Do you also sell the SP/Light Racing UCAs?

Yep, I was there once too. I have Icons now and like em, but defiantly going to get full OME next time around.

STAG

On my grind
And I love those wheels, same ones I had on my power stroke. But in the 16.5" 8x 170mm flavor. They polish up nicely with a powerball if you'd like polished al.

sixstringsteve

What are you going to do about front seat comfort? Corbeus?

Leave 'em for now, but eventually swap 'em for 4runner seats. They sit an inch or two higher, which is good for shorties like me.

And I love those wheels, same ones I had on my power stroke. But in the 16.5" 8x 170mm flavor. They polish up nicely with a powerball if you'd like polished al.

Man, I hate these wheels. I want to barf every time I see them. :sick:

I can't wait to get the 35's and black sequoia wheels on there. My goal is to have it ready by winter on the rocks. I'll use the 4runner for FYTO and the next quarterly training day, then the tacoma should be ready.

STAG

On my grind
Lol too bad I don't have anything six lug or it sounds like I could get a good-looking (to me) wheel for cheap ha. Are you tubbing your inner wells again?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Man, I hate these wheels. I want to barf every time I see them. :sick:

Still have those 5 spoke wheels you can throw on until everything is done $100 is worth not vomiting when you look at your truck right :greg:

Some day I'll take some pictures and put them on the classifieds

sixstringsteve

go ahead and sell them, I can vomit three times a day for a couple weeks until my black wheels go on.

Last edited: