Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

sixstringsteve

This Saturday I will be tubbing the front fenders. For anyone curious about the process, feel free to come over and watch.

sixstringsteve

i'm starting to wonder if I should go to 5.29s while I have the diffs out. The 4.88s seemed fine on my last doublecab, but I have this nagging feeling that I may prefer 5.29s...

Maybe I'll drive around with 4.88's for a bit and see how it feels.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
i'm starting to wonder if I should go to 5.29s while I have the diffs out. The 4.88s seemed fine on my last doublecab, but I have this nagging feeling that I may prefer 5.29s...

Maybe I'll drive around with 4.88's for a bit and see how it feels.
I'm going to go with drive it and see how it feels. If you decide to go with the 5.29's later find some new 3rds and sell the 4.88's.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I found a group buy on the allpro bumper that'll save me $100, but shipping is $140, so total price is $640. Still out of my price range. I'm thinking I'll buy a winch then build a bumper around that winch. I found an even cooler bumper:

Elite_FBumper_ToyotaTacoma_9504.jpg

http://www.eliteoffroadproducts.com/products/toyota/tacoma/1995-5-2004/front-bumper-toytac9504/

A little more $, but it tucks up nice and doesn't hang out there so much. I plan on building mine after the elite one.

That bumper is super sexy.