Jeep Building the RockyMountainExtreme.com Jeep Wrangler

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Yes is does, thanks! I have some Blue Torch Fab DIY tube fenders. I'd be interested in yours, but I'm raising the hoodline & will have too build them around that.

Keep me posted on your fender build. I have been kicking around a few ideas lately, but may have settled on a Durham Motorsports hood/grille combo. I like how they are leaving the front bodymount out of the grille to give the hood a better rake. Chris said it makes a huge improvement in visability.

I would like to see someone fab a set of high clearence tubefenders while also lowering the grille;)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Keep me posted on your fender build. I have been kicking around a few ideas lately, but may have settled on a Durham Motorsports hood/grille combo. I like how they are leaving the front bodymount out of the grille to give the hood a better rake. Chris said it makes a huge improvement in visability.

I would like to see someone fab a set of high clearence tubefenders while also lowering the grille;)

:D I'm kinda doing that, I installed a 1" body lift under the tub, but didn't install the puck under the grill for that exact reason. I may have to look into leaving out the bodymount too.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
Hey Greg, I can't wait to get spanked by you....WAIT!! that didn't come out right. I meant: Wow, I'll bet that thing is going to kick butt out on the trail!!

:rofl::rofl:

Greg

Admin
Hey Greg, I can't wait to get spanked by you....WAIT!! that didn't come out right. I meant: Wow, I'll bet that thing is going to kick butt out on the trail!!

:rofl::rofl:

I'm going to leave your spankings up to Tara... :ugh:

I'm just trying to keep up, apparently they're letting everyone have 40" tires these days. -_-

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
It's looking GREAT Greg. Nice job. What width did you end with on the front end?

x2
outer tire to outer tire. Mine is 83" and so far hasn't been too wide like I thought it might be. The extra width sure makes it stable!!!

The one picture I was at about a 40-45* off camber with a nice ~100' cliff on the side of me :eek: and the other picture is of the tight fit between the trees, but it was tight for everyone else, too.

Attachments

• 400142169109_0_BG.jpg
    400142169109_0_BG.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 105
  • alljeep2.jpg
    alljeep2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 96

Greg

Admin
It's looking GREAT Greg. Nice job. What width did you end with on the front end?

Thanks Bart! WMS/WMS is right about 63", sidewall/sidewall is 81" wide. Seems like the right width at this point.

x2
outer tire to outer tire. Mine is 83" and so far hasn't been too wide like I thought it might be. The extra width sure makes it stable!!!

The one picture I was at about a 40-45* off camber with a nice ~100' cliff on the side of me :eek: and the other picture is of the tight fit between the trees, but it was tight for everyone else, too.

Wayne... your Rubicon is HUGE! :eek: Looks good!

Greg

Admin
Made a lot of progress today, the Jeep is off jackstands & sitting on the suspension! It would be on all 4 tires, but there was a small problem with some parts. :-\ I kept the rear control arms short for now, adjusted all the way in... wheelbase looks to be @ 103".

I worked on moving the rear spring mounts back today, ended up bumping them back 11" from the factory rear spring location. Here's some pics from the process.-

SANY0001+_Medium__001.JPG

SANY0004+_Medium__001.JPG

SANY0011+_Medium_.JPG

I was leary of cutting that much material out of the frame, so I added a gusset to the side. There's a crossmember on the inside of the frame, horizontal to the cut. I think with that crossmember & the gusset, it'll be plenty strong.

SANY0012+_Medium_.JPG

SANY0014+_Medium_.JPG

And the other side-

SANY0021+_Medium_.JPG

SANY0022+_Medium_.JPG

And the new Blue Torch Fab upper coil spring mount. These things are very cool, well built, simple & inexpensive. They made moving the rear springs very easy.-

SANY0029+_Medium_.JPG