Can we talk dogs?

ID Bronco

I broke down yesterday.

My hunting lab is getting old and has an injured elbow that just keeps getting worse. So in anticipation of him not being able to hunt much longer, I got a puppy that will hopefully learn from him prior to him retiring.

Female, not sure on a name yet (open to suggestions) 15 weeks old.

20230814_204606.jpgIMG_20230814_212958.jpg

And both of them.

IMG_2409.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I talked a lot about dogs last week while I was out of town and now I'm really wanting to get another one. One of the couples I was with has a Bernepoo puppy. Bernese mountain dog X poodle. No shedding and theirs had hair more like the bernese rather than the super curly poodle hair. Its all a pipe dream though because my wife is the one who is against getting another animal.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I talked a lot about dogs last week while I was out of town and now I'm really wanting to get another one. One of the couples I was with has a Bernepoo puppy. Bernese mountain dog X poodle. No shedding and theirs had hair more like the bernese rather than the super curly poodle hair. Its all a pipe dream though because my wife is the one who is against getting another animal.

My brother has one of those. It's huge. It's clumsy. It's like a wrecking ball in the house. He loves it. My kids love it. I hate it.

Gawynz

My brother has one of those. It's huge. It's clumsy. It's like a wrecking ball in the house. He loves it. My kids love it. I hate it.

Never heard of "Bernepoo" but I'm definitely not in the know on dogs ha, I've got a "Bernedoodle" (same thing - pure bred Poodle and Bernese Mountain dog mix), just turned 2yr old a couple months ago. The reason you mention about shedding is why I got on board with our family getting a dog, it's awesome, no shedding but you do have to groom them more. He is about 85lb, is very chill, and has trained very well. I'm a big fan of the breed.

20230802_172112.jpg

PXL_20230722_162637578.jpg

PXL_20230716_170118148.jpg

Pile of parts

Never heard of "Bernepoo" but I'm definitely not in the know on dogs ha, I've got a "Bernedoodle" (same thing - pure bred Poodle and Bernese Mountain dog mix), just turned 2yr old a couple months ago. The reason you mention about shedding is why I got on board with our family getting a dog, it's awesome, no shedding but you do have to groom them more. He is about 85lb, is very chill, and has trained very well. I'm a big fan of the breed.

View attachment 163740

View attachment 163741

View attachment 163742
Nice dog and the boat looks great too!

shortstraw8

When your mom’s Jack Russel eats a wasp
One of our dogs used to do the same, one day she caught 4 in our backyard and hasn't caught one since but it takes all shes got not to try. Felt bad but was kinda funny, soaking a cotton ball in vinegar and apply supposedly helps but we didn't see a difference. Shes is still a great fly catcher

ID Bronco

Last Saturday we went on an epic sage grouse hunt. Goose (the new puppy) did great.

Later that night like 11pm she started to show signs she wasn't feeling well. I figured she had a stomach ache, she barfed, should be good.

I checked on her a couple of hours later and something was wrong, we ended up at the emergency vet clinic and after hours of trying they couldn't get any blood pressure increase. She died shortly after.

It sucks, she was cute, fun and had a good nose for birds. My kids were really loving her. She was either stung or bitten by something she was very allergic to. Freak deal We buried her in one of our favorite spots.

20230916_100308.jpg20230904_103301.jpgIMG_2624.jpg20230917_155702 (1).jpg