RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yeah...

I need to get back on this thing and finish it up.

It's not really built for road manners. The 4.88s are perfect for what it is, and since it'll never see significant street mileage, the lock right will probably never wear out.

It's basically a dedicated crawler built for family-friendliness.

snowboard3r411

Okay okay, I snapped a couple pictures. First my ghetto driveshafts. The rear is an extended XJ front. The front is as described above. Like the rest of the build, it'll look better after I clean it up and throw some paint on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

when you ready to start my 4 link rear lol???

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
In that case, I'll undercut his price by $2K. :greg: $8K and all the parts and I'll link one end of a vehicle.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
My first jeep was a 92 cherokee and once my build was perfected i absolutley loved it. Mine was a manual i ran 33s and had 4:56 ratios. The only thing i believe you may run into is that the 4:88s which you purchased may be to low for what you want. My jeep was also my daily drivier and even with it being a manual these gears were to low and took it from being a moderatly capable rig to a full blown crawler with not much street handeling. I also started with the same lock right lockers and found that it wore out very fast, i swicthed to an eaton and never haad any problems. God luck with your xj if your like me you will never go back to a wrangler, the suspension and wheel base is great plus you have space!!!!!!!!!!!

"itis", e.g. "itis too bad how poor the spelling is in blogs these days."

tdownin4

Wait are you complaining about poor spelling?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I hear its favorite trail is "The Garage". :eek:

That. My 2-year-old girl is scared to ride in it (smart girl), which makes it hard to get out anywhere. I might not get to use it much in the next year or two until she's a bit older. :ugh:

Bart

That. My 2-year-old girl is scared to ride in it (smart girl), which makes it hard to get out anywhere. I might not get to use it much in the next year or two until she's a bit older. :ugh:

Ah oh, not good. I remember taking Carli to Johnson Valley in 1999 for the Warn Rock Crawling Championships. She was riding in our Suburban on dirt roads on the way out to the course and screaming, "we're going to die, we're going to die, nice knowing you." It was funny but she was scared to death. She didn't get into a buggy or rig for years. Now she's a great co-pilot and she drives the black TJ I bought a while ago. It took a few years.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Smart kid.......

I know how you drive, I'd be screaming too! :D

Ah oh, not good. I remember taking Carli to Johnson Valley in 1999 for the Warn Rock Crawling Championships. She was riding in our Suburban on dirt roads on the way out to the course and screaming, "we're going to die, we're going to die, nice knowing you." It was funny but she was scared to death. She didn't get into a buggy or rig for years. Now she's a great co-pilot and she drives the black TJ I bought a while ago. It took a few years.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Before you paint the axle, box in the front of those upper link mounts. The 9" housing can bend at the front of the link mount tabs sometimes, and that's cheap insurance.

Looks gool!

Took me three years to take Carl's advice! :D

Upper link mounts=boxed
Axle=painted

All this rain/snow has kept me from working on the yard as planned, so I've had a little time to put into the Jeep.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0755-(Small).jpg
    DSCN0755-(Small).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN0757-(small).jpg
    DSCN0757-(small).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 271