CON/RS Signage Program... "Wording Crew Where Are You?"

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Ok...anti-ripout sign:

Weld another pipe to the main pipe at a 90 degree angle, like an upside down T. Dig a trench 6 feet each way from the main post, lay the upside down T in the trench, concrete the entire thing with 12 bags of sack-crete......

Or use one of General Rommel's Normandy beach anti tank implements......

Or roll that huge rock crusher down the hill from the mine above RS and post the sign on it.......

Buzz

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Wow - you guys are hittin it! The reason that I originally suggested 1/8" for the lettering is because it will be easier to get all of the wording that everyone seems to want. It is just a matter of resolution. If we were just putting up

Rattlesnake- Tread Lightly

then the 3/8's would be no problem and that would be the best way to do it. Mind you this is not a $100,000+ pro machine. I built the machine myself in my garage and have learned alot in the process. It is not perfect, but it does do a very nice job. The plasma end is a pro machine and it has a great cut quality. It keeps getting better as I learn and experiment with it.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I'll be at the sign erecting just let me know the date.

I can lean on a shovel just like the city workers do.

And I want in on the Redeo removal.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
wow Um BOSS (whomever) is there a fauset ANYWHERE CLOSE to where we are doing the CONCRETE? Or are we all going to PEE IN A WHEELBARROW AND HOPE FOR THE BEST?
I have the capabilities of bringing 30 gallons in 5 gallon incriments and if we think we need more, when i Moved I carried 200 gallons in seperate containers in two rigs.

FISH GUY :D

How much water does one bag of post mix need roughly? I've always HOSED it and never cared. Someone bring a wheelbarrow and I got the water, there is our concrete mixer...

HA I guess I'm not to late on this thread :D

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
ok the main man down at wasatch said that that he cant donate anything , but could give us a great deal on anything that was previously used, or scrap!! he said to take a look and see what we could find!!!

i just might be able to get something that would work myself though!! my old high school had tons of like 4"- 5" OD steel pipe and that sort lieing arround behing the machine shop!!...
i'll see what i can do!!;)

as far as cement, just say and i will provide!!

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Originally posted by Skyetone
wow Um BOSS (whomever) is there a fauset ANYWHERE CLOSE to where we are doing the CONCRETE? Or are we all going to PEE IN A WHEELBARROW AND HOPE FOR THE BEST?
I have the capabilities of bringing 30 gallons in 5 gallon incriments and if we think we need more, when i Moved I carried 200 gallons in seperate containers in two rigs.

FISH GUY :D

How much water does one bag of post mix need roughly? I've always HOSED it and never cared. Someone bring a wheelbarrow and I got the water, there is our concrete mixer...

HA I guess I'm not to late on this thread :D

coolers work great for carrying water, and i have about 5 of them!!!;)

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I have 6 water bottles. I just thought it was funny everyones all concrete this and concrete that, but no thought of water... LOL

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i could easily bring a couple of gallons too.

water i doubt is an issue. everyone has alot of water carrying capacity. 2 to 3+ gallons from this many people we got goin is alot o water!

i too can stand "work" like a road worker:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Skyetone
wow Um BOSS (whomever) ....bringing 30 gallons in 5 gallon incriments ...

Boss, thats me... :D

OK Skye, you are in charge of making sure we have water there... we can discuss the amounts when we finalize the construction process but 30 will be more than enough... :D

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
So I am assuming we settled on sign wording... IS that layout to scale? Does it need to be for the plasma cutter. Have you ever tried making a big sign on a cardboard? Does it ever come out right?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
What we can do is lay it out on a computer program, MS Word or whatever....then take it to kinkos and have them blow it up to the same size as the sign. Cut out letters, transfer to metal, cut it out.

Buzzzzzzz

OCNORB

Supporting Member
No need to take it to Kinkos. Just send me the dimensions of the metal and the final wording and I will post a dimensionally correct version here for final approval. As far as how soon I can cut it- I can't get much done on it until after Labor day weekend, but I think I can promise it by the following Wed.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by OCNORB
No need to take it to Kinkos. Just send me the dimensions of the metal and the final wording and I will post a dimensionally correct version here for final approval. As far as how soon I can cut it- I can't get much done on it until after Labor day weekend, but I think I can promise it by the following Wed.

That should be fine...

Jeremy, your plate is 3/8" correct? It will be used for the backing plate?

Does anyone have 1/8" kicking around or should we get a price for new stuff? Olllie, can you check with Wasatch?

How does everyone feel about completing this on the Earth Day, yes? No? that gives OCNORB til 9/13/03 to complete both signs and gives the construction crew one week to get the backing plate painted, attatched to the lettered sign and attatched to the pole that Ollie is working on.... Gives us plenty of time for any unexpected problems and time to get the Rodeo out of there as well....

muleskinner

We have some old parking lot light poles at my work I can cut off if you guys want. They are like 4", 6", 8" or so. I can cut them to any lenth, and they have bases welded to them if you want to put J-Bolts in the concrete and bolt them in. (Might be easier to go install the bolts one day, and the sign the next?) Or I can cut the base off or whatever. (they are square poles)