CON/RS Signage Program... "Wording Crew Where Are You?"

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Originally posted by muleskinner
We have some old parking lot light poles at my work I can cut off if you guys want. They are like 4", 6", 8" or so. I can cut them to any lenth, and they have bases welded to them if you want to put J-Bolts in the concrete and bolt them in. (Might be easier to go install the bolts one day, and the sign the next?) Or I can cut the base off or whatever. (they are square poles)

that would work better than what i can get!! what i would be able to get would be round! and i think it would be easier to attach plate to a square post!!!

i would say cut off the bottom and cement them in, that way they would be more permanent, and less likely to get jacked!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by cruiser
...i would say cut off the bottom and cement them in, that way they would be more permanent, and less likely to get jacked!!

Leave the bases on and use that as a better anchor in the cement... Round will not be that big of a problem to weld to, we are using MIGs Ollie, not batteries... ;)

Ollie, is it possilbe for you to go check out the pipes at OCNORB's shop, and take him the 1/8" plate that that James K may donate?

You owe me... :D (for the FREE axle seals... ;))

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Leave the bases on and use that as a better anchor in the cement... Round will not be that big of a problem to weld to, we are using MIGs Ollie, not batteries... ;)

Ollie, is it possilbe for you to go check out the pipes at OCNORB's shop, and take him the 1/8" plate that that James K may donate?

Like I said tell me what you need. Size of plate and location where it needs to be. I'll have it there this afternoon.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!

whatever, do what you want!!!
check out? i will but what will that accomplish?
i'll bring the plate too if you want, but james has a car to:D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
What else do we need? Anything? I love the way this is coming together, you all ROCK!

I'll be there for the Sign Planting, too. Just say when.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
okok...

i would like to know the facts so far!!

what do we have/need?
who is doing what?

this is what i have come up with..

plate for signs:
poles for signs:
cement:..........................ME!!!
cutting of plate:
welding:
painting of plate:
people to bring water to trails:
wheelbarrel:
shovels, picks,hoes, ect, ect:

please add anything i have left out!
please add your name to a catagory!

thanks !
;)

and i would like to know the planned DATE of this project...

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I volunteered to do any welding that needs to be done. Just drop off the parts to me when they are cut, and I can weld everything together. I can paint it to, if needed.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by cruiser
plate for signs:
poles for signs:
cement:..........................ME!!!
cutting of plate:
welding:
painting of plate:
people to bring water to trails:
wheelbarrel:
shovels, picks,hoes, ect, ect:

We don't have a "planned" date but I have suggested 9/20/03 or the week after 9/27/03, that gives us plenty of time for the construction...

2 1/8" plates: James K will purchase
2 3/8" plates: Hickey already has
Delivery to shop: Ollie
2 Poles: OCNORB possibly has.
Cutting: )CNORB has volunteered
Welding: Rockmonkey/Others
Painting: Rockmonkey/Others
Water: Skyetone 30 gallons is enough
Holes: EZ has an auger, we will all bring shovels...

So our next step is top get the 1/8" plate to OCNORB for cutting... we will need at least two peices od 3'x3' 1/8" plate. That will gove OCNORB plenty of room.

We will then take the cut signs and trim them to their final size, compare them against the 3/8" that Hickey has and possibly buy one more peice of 3/8" (if Hickeys is only enough for one).

So James K, is it possible for you to get some 1/8" before the Wednesday after Labor Day (the day OCNORB thinks he can cut them).

Ollie is it possible for you to pick up the plate from James K (he lives near you) and run it to OCNORB while making your daily deliveries?

James K

NO, I'm always like this

2 1/8" plates: James K will purchase

So James K, is it possible for you to get some 1/8" before the Wednesday after Labor Day (the day OCNORB thinks he can cut them).

Ollie is it possible for you to pick up the plate from James K (he lives near you) and run it to OCNORB while making your daily deliveries?

I will have 2- 3x3x1/8" plates at my house by mid-afternoon on tuesday the 2nd.

Now if only Ollie is able to hold his end of it up:p :rofl:

Cruiser

look what i can do!!

His end of the deal or his end of the Steel... :D

Sounds good James, you rule!

both of you can blow me!!!!:rolleyes:

JAMES, can i pick it up tuesday night, is that ok for you???
i'll drop it off on wednesday!

OCNORB

Supporting Member
OK- I would like to work on the layout when I have a little spare time this weekend.(if I have any) Is the wording that is posted earlier in this post going to be the final wording? More importantly, what is the final size going to be? I'm thinking 2ftx 3ft. right?

I have to work 12 hr shifts all weekend, but i'll try and have it ready so that on Wed. we can get it done. Should'nt be too bad.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Look at page one of this thread for the wording. I guess you can put in a BIG 3 or 5 for the rating, and it wouldn't hurt to put in very small letters underneath the rating number "extreme" (for constrictor) and "moderate" for RS.

Size.......2x3 is too big. Just got off the phone the Cruiseroutfit, we think 18" by 24" max, or 24" by 18", depending on whether you want it to be horizontally or vertically aligned . Even 16" by 20" would be fine.

EZ

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
ocnorb, look at the dates for install. Don't stress. Injoy your 12hr days. No hurrie.
I talked to a scout master (scary) and he was doing some port a water pad work at his cabin. He was saying under 5gallons a bag. How many bags are we roughly planning for?
Who is bringing bags for the cleanup, and who all plans to traverse (by foot) up con and or rattlesnake to gather garbage? I will be the "garbage truck" and the less vehicles on either trail (mostly con) while doing this the better.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I went for a hike out to RS and Con yesterday (Saturday) and found out a couple things. First, Con is a really cool trail! The last time I was out there no one had flown to the Eagle's Nest yet. The trail above the 'Nest is really neat. There is a lot of Isuzu trash spread around; we need to be sure we get that all cleaned up when we remove the Rodeo carcass. I stick by my original rating of a 5.....I think it has Pritchet-worthy obstacles on it.

Rattlesnake.......you know what.....I think Pokey is right; I think a 3.5 is more appropriate. Since I was out there several months ago, the waterfall has changed quite a bit. It used to be that the far left side was darn near step-less, but now the second step is dug out and the same height all the way across. Furthermore, down the trail from the waterfall the boulders that are now in the bottom of the ravine are positioned in such a way that it is hard to get through without going over at least some of them. I realize that this type of trail will continue to change as vehicles go over it, but right now it seems like a 3.5 is closer to accurate. I tried to visualize a stock-ish SUV going over the trail and the two above described obstacles would make it somewhat interesting for a stocker. I figure a stocker should be able to do a 3 to 3.5 without too much trouble, and without lockers.

This is why the ski rating system makes more sense.....trails change so frequently out there that it could go from a 3 to a 4 within a year, and it outdates our sign. If it was rated a blue square(moderately difficult), it could go from a 3 to 3.5 and still fit within the blue rating because that type of rating has a broader difficultly range.

Anyway, I found a good spot or two to put the sign on RS.

EZ