concealed carry, Who has em and whatcha packin?

rholbrook

Anyone using a clipdraw carry clip? I have yet to find anything I really like for carrying and was told to look at it. Have a friend that is a police officer and this is what he prefers when off duty.

http://www.clipdraw.com/

Went looking at smaller pistols Saturday. Thinking about a Shield in a 9mm or 40. I was told that there was a recall and they arent back yet.

Anyone interested in a Glock 22 40 S&W with night sights?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
As soon as Tyler designs a holster that stretches your pants the exact amount that my gun requires I'll buy one. Until then, my fat ass barely fits in my pants. I generally carry in an outside the pants rig all winter when it is easier to conceal and my midsection is at it's most girthy! Tyler did say they are working on an outside setup. I'm very interested to see what that ends up being.

Russ, My dad switched from a G27 to a Shield in the 40. He really likes it. I have shot it and it is a pretty nice gun. Really thin. If you end up with one and need a trigger job, let me know, the old man does pretty good work.

skeptic

So far I like the idea of pocket or ankle with a Nano in 9mm or a small auto 22lr.
Unless you have really big pockets, the Nano isn't a pocket gun. It's what I carry in warmer weather, but I use an IWB holster. IMHO, you need to move down to .380 or smaller for a true pocket pistol.

Have you seen this article about the new Beretta Pico. Looks like it would be a winner for me.
http://www.humanevents.com/2013/05/...iny-gun-makes-a-big-splash-at-nra-convention/
I've been watching for the Pico to show up at the local gun store. My biggest concern is they may have made it too small - one finger on the grip, one for the trigger, pinky and ring finger just hanging off the bottom. I don't KNOW that's the case, but based on what I've seen it seems to be. The extended floor plate grip thingy I saw looked goofy big. The Pico with just enough extended grip to get two fingers below the trigger guard I think would be a winner, but I'm cautiously optimistic and eager to get my hands on one.

At this point I'm not even sure if I occasionally need something smaller than my Nano, or if I'm just using it as an excuse to want a new gun. :rofl:

Went looking at smaller pistols Saturday. Thinking about a Shield in a 9mm or 40. I was told that there was a recall and they arent back yet.
I rented a Shield in .40, and I really liked it. In the end I decided I don't like the idea of SAO style trigger for a carry gun - either DAO style or DA/SA for me.

rholbrook

Have a friend that wants to sell me his .380 Body Guard for $275 with a mini conceal holster. Is that a good price. He is a cop and has used it to qualify twice and thats the only rounds put through it. He wants a new deer rifle. I am still concerned whether or not I will like the smaller caliber. Never shot a .380, never even had any interest in anything smaller than a 40. Anyone want to make me an offer on a Glock 22?

rholbrook

I have a guy that wants to trade me a KAHR CM40 with a 1-6 round flush and a 1-7 round clip with a IWB holster for my Glock 22 40 S&W with night sights.

I know nothing about a KAHR CM40. Is this a good or bad trade?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
my buddy carries the Kahr in a .40 and loves it. My brother has it in a 9mm, and likes it also. It has been a while since I held one, but remember liking them

Edit: I Lied, it's my SIL that caries the Kahr 9mm, not my brother

Last edited: