Coolest Trar Evar!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
X2

Greg, your projects always suck me in like a magnet.
I hope to see more of this trar!!!

:rofl: If it's as solid and as straight as it looks, you might be seeing a lot more of this one. I don't want a huge project, but this looks like it will do as a fun one.

I've never cared for bagged cars, but I was searching YouTube and came across this... holy damn!!

[YOUTUBE]t4f-GDe9-yY[/YOUTUBE]

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
You'll need some super-whitewall tires for it, just like the ones in that video. Make it happen!

EROK81?

Sell out
Catherine wants to rock it... :eek:

And at $600, it's hard to pass up. I do have that TBI 350 block sitting in the garage, that's a start on the engine. 4 speed manual behind it would be killer! :greg:

Drop it a few inches, chop it and leave that paint with the perfect patina... oohhh damn!!

600 bucks! If only I had a job.

And a few inches...pfft. More like 6-8.-_-

EROK81?

Sell out
I've never cared for bagged cars, but I was searching YouTube and came across this... holy damn!!

[YOUTUBE]t4f-YOUTUBE]

If I ever finish mine it will be bagged. Plus look how cool that car looked sitting on the ground. :drool:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
About 6mos ago there was a pretty damn clean '53 on KSL. I cried when I had to choose between it and the Land Cruiser. :( Someday though. :D

Greg

Admin
I have more pics.... and a bill of sale. :eek:

We're trying to figure out how to get it here, as it's in Delta, CO about 40 min from us. The guy mentioned hauling it for us when I talked to him this morning, then bailed on that idea after we settled on a price. :rolleyes: I might offer him $50 to haul it up, hate to do it, but it would be worth it not trying to come up with a trailer.

It's awesome... the builder grafted the back wall of the truck right into the car. The car was a 4 door originally and the bottom half of the rear doors are still there, just sealed up. The bed is from the same era as the car and has the old wood flooring... :cool: Tailgate says 'Chevrolet' with the old school chain and hook for the tailgate. The interior is pretty decent actually, I love the lines of the dash and how simple it is. It's a manual, 3 on the tree! I've only driven one other car like that and it was a pain in the ass! It has some old plates on it, all the hub caps are there, man... it's perfect! Well, almost... the floors are see thru. Will take some patching to seal them up from the elements.

I really want to try get it running with the stock drivetrain, we will see how that goes. And it's 6 volt... would be nice to convert it over to 12 v. I'll upload the pics in a bit.

Greg

Admin
You guys aren't helping... :rofl: Catherine was more excited about it than I was. I was about to pass on it, but she was already in love. It's funny because I have wanted a truck to rat out and she wanted a lead sled. We got both with this one! :rofl:

Here's the pics-

img00005200912311312.jpg

img00012200912311315.jpg

img00011200912311314.jpg

img00013200912311315.jpg

img00008200912311313.jpg

img00006200912311312.jpg

img00010200912311313.jpg

img00009200912311313.jpg

Greg

Admin
Some more fun info... both doors open and close just fine, although there is about a 1" of slop in the door, once closed. Probably due to the fact that the weatherstripping has rotted out? The drivers side window rolls up and down fine, the passenger side doesn't budge. The wing windows work... with a crank, just like the big windows! The front glass is intact... no cracks, chips, etc. The rear window is shattered and I like it. :eek:

The bed of the truck fit perfectly into the opening of the trunk. Looks like this was meant to be! The bed of the truck is SOLID, it was mounted to the car quite well. The wood on the bed floor looks pretty weathered, but still in decent shape. I may sand it down and re-seal it.

It has 'truck' license plates... :greg: There are 97k miles on the odo, unsure if it has rolled over, but I doubt it.

It's unofficially the new motorcycle hauler. :greg:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Killer! Maybe I'll have some money to buy it from you once you get it all fixed up. :D

Are you going to weld up the rear doors and stuff? Or leave it as is? I can't believe that's just a truck bed smushed in there hahahahah that's funny! A wagon tailgate would rock in there.

Greg

Admin
Killer! Maybe I'll have some money to buy it from you once you get it all fixed up. :D

Are you going to weld up the rear doors and stuff? Or leave it as is? I can't believe that's just a truck bed smushed in there hahahahah that's funny! A wagon tailgate would rock in there.

We'll see... It will be fun to drive & show, may be awhile before we get bored with it. :p

I'm going to leave it as-is, for the most part. No body work besides the floor inside, I don't want to disturb that patina. I really like the truck tailgate, so it will stay. Honestly, if you saw it from the back, you'd swear it was a pickup.

I want to get some good wide white walls on it, drop it about 3" and just drive it. Bagging it would be killer, but cost around $800. I would love to do it cheaper, if possible.

If I can get it running with the stock engine & trans, it will get driven. If not, a hot SBC and manual will find their way under the hood.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
A friend of mines daily driver is a 55 Plymouth Plaza 4 door, he has left the bulk of the 6 volt stuff intact, while upgrading other stuff to 12 volt.

He has 2 deep cycle 6 volts for batteries, and uses relays to split the power accordingly.

I can get you an email addy if you like, and you two can talk.