Coronavirus

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I haven't heard of that one yet. I take meds for A-Fib on almost a daily basis. (I'm in A-fib as I type this) I try to steer clear of stuff that may mess with my heart rhythm.

Pike2350

you just never know how this virus (or the vaccine) will affect people....that's one of the weirdest things IMHO. My dad, who is now 86 has a-fib with a pacemaker, staph infection that has to be treated with daily antibiotics (staph continues to reproduce on his pacemaker, so they can't eradicate it). He had both doses of Pfizer and never even had any side affects. His health is very diminished, and he lives in a care facility.

Then I have a few friends that have gotten either the virus or the vaccine and have been knocked out. No long term affects, but many were down for 2-3 days with a horrible case of the Rona after the 2nd shot (Pfizer as well)

You just never know....and that makes people scared....and in many time overreact

Houndoc

you just never know how this virus (or the vaccine) will affect people....that's one of the weirdest things IMHO. My dad, who is now 86 has a-fib with a pacemaker, staph infection that has to be treated with daily antibiotics (staph continues to reproduce on his pacemaker, so they can't eradicate it). He had both doses of Pfizer and never even had any side affects. His health is very diminished, and he lives in a care facility.

Then I have a few friends that have gotten either the virus or the vaccine and have been knocked out. No long term affects, but many were down for 2-3 days with a horrible case of the Rona after the 2nd shot (Pfizer as well)

You just never know....and that makes people scared....and in many time overreact

They made have felt lousy after the vaccine but not "horrible case of the Rona" as the vaccine contains not active virus.

Houndoc

You see, this is the big problem with the whole vaccine/covid debate thing. There is no debate. One side will immediately claim any skepticism as conspiracy theories and lump them in with crazy Qanon people. While the people who are actually using their well tuned powers of perception are stuck discussing them with the actual crazies, who dont need convincing.

Never mind that the skeptics have basically been right all along about COVID
Never mind that the skeptics have been right about masks all along (they dont work)
Never mind that the skeptics have been right about lock downs (also dont work)
Never mind that the skeptics have been right about vaccine passports coming
Never mind that J&J, Phizer and Moderna all have been found liable in court for hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars for lying to people to cover up mistakes our outright fraud they committed to earn a buck at the expense of people's health up to and including many, many deaths.
Never mind that the government has been found in the past to rush out vaccines that harm people or use the guise of a "vaccine program" to perform some sort of research

I am by far NOT an anti-vax person. Not in the least. But when the government, big-pharma, and mega media corporations all join together to tell me i should jab something into my system, i know to be skeptical. Its a shame most people dont feel so as well.

You are right- I will lump those all as Qanon level crazy claims.

Over 575,000 dead in the US does not prove the COVID skeptics right. And the claims masks don't work is very selective picking and choosing of what you want to believe.

If you can provide proof to your claims of fraud by the drug companies relating to the COVID vaccine, that would be interesting to see. You are the first I have seen to make that claim.

85CUCVKRAWLER

You are right- I will lump those all as Qanon level crazy claims.

Over 575,000 dead in the US does not prove the COVID skeptics right. And the claims masks don't work is very selective picking and choosing of what you want to believe.

If you can provide proof to your claims of fraud by the drug companies relating to the COVID vaccine, that would be interesting to see. You are the first I have seen to make that claim.

Well, just stating a number strips it of all its context and does nothing but frighten people.

So lets go one point at a time:

The average age of death from COVID is 82.5 years of age. 3 years past the average life expectancy in the US. 30% of deaths are over the age of 85. 95% of all deaths are over the age of 50. 0.4% of deaths are under the age of 29. Yes, zero point four percent. With deaths highly correlated to comorbidities. Particularly if you have multiple. So, yes the skeptics have been correct since the beginning as to who this disease affects and how we should should be battling it rather than shutting everything down.

Dont believe me? here is the CDC website.

As far as masks go, the assertion is that masks prevent phlegm and other particles from leaving your mouth (with some limitations). Sure, I will except that at face value. Except we have zero, absolutely ZERO data correlating mask wearing and a reduction of corona virus infection rates. In fact, we have the inverse, we actually have negative correlation in this respect. This is actually a fun project to do for yourself. Go to google, look up your state's mask mandate order and then plot a graph of your states corona virus infection rates across last year. You will see a big climb after the mandate, stay kindof high, and then in some states the rate will drop. Do you want to guess which states have the highest drop in corona virus infection rates? Id love for you to take a guess, its not the ones STILL locked down. Clearly the reason that rates are dropping in states that have lifted their mandates is much more complicated that "stop wearing a mask". I think its a mix of herd immunity/immunization/less people getting tested, but thats above my pay grade.

As far as lock downs go, its clear that its kabuki theatre at best, and actually MORE harmful at worst. It would be hard for me to list all the hypocritical, counter-productive and assinine rules involved in lockdowns. So if you require something like this to be typed out, it may be too far gone to help.

Vaccine passports? People laughed at me when i suggested we would need them in april of last year. Now theyre are being openly talked about on the TV.

As far as fraud?

Here is a quick snap shot of the many big lawsuits J&J, Moderna, and Pfizer have been in committing fraud

I am probably wasting my time typing this, but here you go.

xjtony

@85CUCVKRAWLER you are not going to convince certain folks on here, even with hard numbers. You won't convince Houndoc of anything other than the straight media line, even with evidence of wrongdoing. Everyone is entitled to their own views of current events and many (on both sides) will never be swayed.

@Houndoc I'm just picking on ya because we have debated this quite a bit on here. Please take it as part of the ongoing debate and not a personal attack, as that is not how it is intended.

As expected the "facts" even from the manufacturers have changed again. After being brought to light by one of the scientist who helped develop the Pfizer vaccine, now the CEOs of both Pfizer and Moderna are stating that 3 doses are going to be needed for any useful effect. While some people take it to the extreme, there is typically a reason for lack of public trust. The pharmaceutical industry right now is reeling from their roll in the opioid epidemic as well as being attacked for the cost of medications (my wife is a type 1 diabetic so I am currently very involved in that aspect). Trust level is very low in the US as far as pharmaceuticals go, and I think that lack of trust is justified. Many in control of those companies, have proven to value their own monetary gain over the wellbeing of those they are supposed to be helping. This is not conjecture, but fact.

On a related note I read an article today from a company (I don't remember which) stating that they may have a vaccine formula that could be effective against ALL coronavirus strains. They have apparently tested it on multiple mutations of COVID-19 as well as other known coronavirus types with some success. I'm interested to see where this research goes.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Two doses are not enough? Now we need three? Starting to sound like my local street pharmacist. "First two hits are free. The next one is gonna cost ya".
Anyone addicted yet?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Two doses are not enough? Now we need three? Starting to sound like my local street pharmacist. "First two hits are free. The next one is gonna cost ya".
Anyone addicted yet?
Due to the nature of the virus and its propensity to mutate into other strains, the vaccine will never be a 1 and done... It will be like the flu shot. You will need to get a new shot (booster) every so often.

I am going to take my chances with the disease, but to each their own and I am not trying to push my beliefs on anyone else.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have had some long term affects from the rona. I cough more than an ex 20 year smoker who now races dirt bikes in massive dust should or did last year. I hope that's all the long term affects I have. I'm not getting the vaccine, because I already had the Rona, once verified and likely twice.

@Cody I totally agree with you about picking a side or idea and supporting it even when it doesn't agree with you. I don't like masks, but I fully support private property rights so I just take my useless opinion and keep it to myself while I put on a mask when asked to on private property. Too many people flip sides to suit their opinion. I'm pro freedom and I support yours even when you use it in ways I dislike, that's kind of the point of freedom.
@Houndoc I totally agree, if 0.001% of people who get covid and die is a small number, then 6 people who died from the vaccine is even smaller. You can't flip flop and say 1 is large then say 1 is small, I think that applies to both sides of both issues.

Houndoc

Well, just stating a number strips it of all its context and does nothing but frighten people.

So lets go one point at a time:

The average age of death from COVID is 82.5 years of age. 3 years past the average life expectancy in the US. 30% of deaths are over the age of 85. 95% of all deaths are over the age of 50. 0.4% of deaths are under the age of 29. Yes, zero point four percent. With deaths highly correlated to comorbidities. Particularly if you have multiple. So, yes the skeptics have been correct since the beginning as to who this disease affects and how we should should be battling it rather than shutting everything down.

Dont believe me? here is the CDC website.
Sorry, I don't subscribed to the idea that a death of the elderly or those with health problems don't matter.

85CUCVKRAWLER

Sorry, I don't subscribed to the idea that a death of the elderly or those with health problems don't matter.

That is in no way what i stated or implied. You should re-read my post.

The point is that we have TONS of data now. Last march we had very little. Now we know exactly who, where and what this virus is effecting in our society. So we should focus on those areas with treatment or preventative measures. Not blanket shut everything down.

To hold onto the antiquated notion of blanket shut downs is to be anti-science.

Bart

I have not heard, nor seen any blanket shutdown since last March, in fact just the opposite. I think the majority are following the science, and even taking freedom and the right to wear, or not wear a mask, into consideration. I do have to laugh at those that say they are waiting for herd immunity when their own reluctance to get a vaccine is what's pushing that further back.

85CUCVKRAWLER

I have not heard, nor seen any blanket shutdown since last March, in fact just the opposite. I think the majority are following the science, and even taking freedom and the right to wear, or not wear a mask, into consideration. I do have to laugh at those that say they are waiting for herd immunity when their own reluctance to get a vaccine is what's pushing that further back.

Herd immunity is what we have been using for 1000's of years to survive on the planet.