Coronavirus

I have some good friends and coworkers who live in Hyderabad, India. Thankfully, they are ok as of yesterday. Whatever you think of this virus, it is truly scary what is going on there. I found this interesting perspective in my feed this morning. Hopefully this isn't viewed as some kind of political statement. I am definitely thankful that my family members all live in suburban or rural areas, have our own homes, private transportation methods and the freedom to isolate or mix with people as we wish.

1620574898861.png

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have some good friends and coworkers who live in Hyderabad, India. Thankfully, they are ok as of yesterday. Whatever you think of this virus, it is truly scary what is going on there. I found this interesting perspective in my feed this morning. Hopefully this isn't viewed as some kind of political statement. I am definitely thankful that my family members all live in suburban or rural areas, have our own homes, private transportation methods and the freedom to isolate or mix with people as we wish.

View attachment 137378
Sobering thoughts there for sure. Accurate as well

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I got some questions. I’m not sure if I should go get tested or not. Truth is, I don’t want to have to deal with knowing if I have Covid. That would totally wreck my income for a while, and Cause me other serious problems. But if I think I have a chance of having it… Seems pretty reckless of me to go about life as normal.
I started coughing pretty bad immediately after our desert race a few weeks ago. However that is completely normal, and it usually goes away after a couple of days. I call it race lung. It did not go away this time. Some days are worse than others, but I am coughing every single day.
For the last week now, I feel like I have worked out extra hard, and all of my muscles are super sore. Walking up the stairs hurts, getting off the toilet hurts, and even just putting on my seatbelt strains my arm muscles. I kind of chalk this up to doing a bit more outdoor work this week… But I don’t typically get sore from that kind of stuff. So now that I have sore muscles and coughing it’s making me think I may want to get tested. But I feel fine, and I’m not really concerned.
What you think??

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I got some questions. I’m not sure if I should go get tested or not. Truth is, I don’t want to have to deal with knowing if I have Covid. That would totally wreck my income for a while, and Cause me other serious problems. But if I think I have a chance of having it… Seems pretty reckless of me to go about life as normal.
I started coughing pretty bad immediately after our desert race a few weeks ago. However that is completely normal, and it usually goes away after a couple of days. I call it race lung. It did not go away this time. Some days are worse than others, but I am coughing every single day.
For the last week now, I feel like I have worked out extra hard, and all of my muscles are super sore. Walking up the stairs hurts, getting off the toilet hurts, and even just putting on my seatbelt strains my arm muscles. I kind of chalk this up to doing a bit more outdoor work this week… But I don’t typically get sore from that kind of stuff. So now that I have sore muscles and coughing it’s making me think I may want to get tested. But I feel fine, and I’m not really concerned.
What you think??
Getting tested is quick and easy so I would do it just to know if I need to avoid people or not. If you're concerned about being on some mysterious list and the .gov coming to your house and taking you away in a black van... I guess don't get tested.

I'm one of them 🐑 that got the vaccine so take it FWIW

ID Bronco

Can the RME medical community enlighten me. I had Rona, my body naturally developed the antibodies. The vaccine, goes into your body and forces you body to react like you have Rona and create antibodies. Is my understanding correct? So if I had Rona, I had the natural, one might say Organic vaccine? Can I buy a vac card on Ebay and maintain my virtue and self worth?
The antibodies your body develops are better than the vaccine ones. The head honcho of Biolife in this region said strongly that if you have the natural antibodies, you should not get the vaccine. I'm no doctor, but she is. I'd trust God over Phizer.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Getting tested is quick and easy so I would do it just to know if I need to avoid people or not. If you're concerned about being on some mysterious list and the .gov coming to your house and taking you away in a black van... I guess don't get tested.

I'm one of them 🐑 that got the vaccine so take it FWIW

i’m not concerned with the government watch list. More concerned about having to isolate and what that would mean to my kids at school and wife for work.

ID Bronco

What you think??
I am taking this as you asking if you should get tested for Covid because you think you may have it. If you do in fact have it you will have to quarantine and miss 2 weeks worth of work income right?

Tough call. The viewpoints on here will be on both extremes of the spectrum.

I had this same thought 3 times last fall, each time it was negative but I still quarantined, so why get tested. I then got really sick, didn't test but half of the family tested positive and we all quarantined at that time. Maybe this isn't much help. If you've had it for two weeks already (symptoms) I'd say you probably did all the damage you could do by now. Just my non medical thoughts. Good luck

Pike2350

Personally I'd get tested. To me, better to know and take true precautions if you have it then not know and spread it more.

I tested positive back at the end of Jan. I woke up with a headache...nothing more then what I thought was a congestion. Every so often I get very impacted sinuses to the point my eyes hurt. I chalked it up to that. HOWEVER, we had a few things going that weekend I felt I couldn't, in good conscience go do things with people if I was feeling this way. Since a lot of the activities were at our house, I had no choice. I tested positive. Never had more then the congestion headache for 2-3 days......at the time. I look back now and realize I had severe back pain on my lower left side. I had thought it was working on the house, then possibly a kidney infection. That was a little more then 10 days PRIOR to the sinus headache. I now believe I had it for a good week prior to being tested. While I have taken the normal precautions of masks, washing hands regularly, etc.....I am a little disheartened thinking of the people I could have passed it to and how that may have affected them, or their loved ones.

To me, much better to know and do the right thing then not know and risk other people.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
What you think??

Im going to make some assumptions here about your financial situation, Your out racing... so your not poor. You can probably tighten up your bootstraps enough to survive without 2 weeks of pay.

In my mind the only way not getting tested and quarantining would be acceptable is if you are 100% not able to keep your family fed and clothed with 2 weeks off of work.

I care zero about covid and most precautions but if you think you have it its wreckless to keep carrying on

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Since it is free, and one was close I went for a test. It took nearly 40 minutes to create an account, give them every last detail of my personal life, provide ID which felt racist, do 2 phone call interviews, and finally get a swab up my nose. If I would have known all that, I wouldn’t have gone. Both of the ladies on the phone calls basically told me I was going to be negative.

Houndoc

What you think??

Negative. But at least I have a clear conscience.

Good call! Glad you did the test, although may well have been too late to get an accurate result.

Since the start of the pandemic I have been very strict with my employees that any potential exposure or symptoms must be reported to us immediately. We have sent a fair number of staff out for tests, all but one (2 weeks ago) have been negative.

We have also had a pretty significant of lost time on the job while people are in quarantine after being exposed, all of which I have paid in full, even beyond the limits (80 hours max per individual) the government repays.

I did not want to risk the livelihood of all of us or the care my client need if an outbreak shut us down. Figured it is money well invested.

Jesser04

How many of you guys that don’t think it’s worth the risk or think it’s irresponsible because he can afford to take time off work because he races dirt bikes text and drive or browse ksl on the way to work every morning?

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The Corona ripped through our office in April. In all, sixteen people tested positive, I was one of two who tested negative after three tests. Most people still worked from home, one died from a stroke, another is still on oxygen. The state of FL (where I live now) never had a mask mandate, it was left up to the counties. In general, if it was a blue county, there were mask mandates, red, there were not. Recently, our Gov did the overide of county authority, and now it's up to the individual entity to decide how to proceed. The place I had lunch in yesterday, has all tables open now, but still have to wear a mask when you're not a table. The place I had dinner last night had a big sign 'No Mask Required'

Personally, I did get the vaccine. It's none of my business if someone else does, or does not. Liberty is about making choices.

Pike2350

How many of you guys that don’t think it’s worth the risk or think it’s irresponsible because he can afford to take time off work because he races dirt bikes text and drive or browse ksl on the way to work every morning?
I'm not sure what you are getting at with this.

I think the mentality us that he apparently has enough $ to be able to race...which apparently isn't cheap....although I have no idea....but it leads one to assume he is not struggling and living paycheck to paycheck, on the verge of being homeless.

To me no choosing to get tested just because you don't want to miss 2 weeks is simply selfish. If you have a sickness that is contagious, not specifically Covid, going to work and very possibly passing it to others is selfish. Your concern is less about others than your concern for yourself. "I don't want to miss work and either not get paid or use PTO because I have trips to do later in the year"

Obviously, if you are on the verge of financial ruin then that's a different story....but even then I hope you'd have enough good will with people to help you out and not risk others. That is just my thoughts on it.

Jesser04

I'm not sure what you are getting at with this.

I think the mentality us that he apparently has enough $ to be able to race...which apparently isn't cheap....although I have no idea....but it leads one to assume he is not struggling and living paycheck to paycheck, on the verge of being homeless.

To me no choosing to get tested just because you don't want to miss 2 weeks is simply selfish. If you have a sickness that is contagious, not specifically Covid, going to work and very possibly passing it to others is selfish. Your concern is less about others than your concern for yourself. "I don't want to miss work and either not get paid or use PTO because I have trips to do later in the year"

Obviously, if you are on the verge of financial ruin then that's a different story....but even then I hope you'd have enough good will with people to help you out and not risk others. That is just my thoughts on it.
I totally agree with what your saying. My point is we all do stuff everyday that puts people at risk I’d even argue more risk than covid and no one thinks twice about it.

Pike2350

I totally agree with what your saying. My point is we all do stuff everyday that puts people at risk I’d even argue more risk than covid and no one thinks twice about it.
fair enough. You just mentioned him taking time off for riding/racing, so I assumed you were making some comment about finances and missing work. I couldn't figure out how browsing KSL fit into it....but I get it now.