Coronavirus

Pike2350

I'm referring to the 2nd video..where she acknowledges she isnt trusting the normal medical journals because what she is reading/hearing on social media. She also acknowledges she hasn't treated it much...only a handful of patients.

The article about the first video funding

Contrary to how both sides like to label people that disagree with them. I watch/read news from all kinds of sources and have a very skeptical nature....something my wife used to hate because I would get mad that she would blindly believe any study.

I dont know the Hydroxychloriqune isnt effective. However I tend to believe the studies that find it less effective then claimed. I can't buy a world conspiracy for profit and jusy making Trump look like a bigger buffoon then he already is.

Am I skeptical of the studies for other drugs...absolutley. am I nervous about a vaccine that has been rushed and what side affects it may have? Or course. I just think the people crying cover-up with no reason or arguement as to why a WORLD is complicit I just find a little to far fetched.

UT410. I dont doubt that the Western medicine ignores or shins other, possibly more effective treatments out of greed. I don't go to the Dr. Hardly ever because I know they will likely just prescribe some meds that may or may not be neccassary or effective.

I think it's ridicous that we all have such a complete distrust of all sides. That we can't look at things objectively and have an open, albeit skeptical mind about stuff.

Houndoc

Seems to me like all of this is actually pretty simple to deal with if we simply turn down the conspiracy meter (both medical and political), listen to medical professionals (vast majority of whom are striving to do the best for their patients and the public) and recognize that science, medical fields included, are constantly evolving as new knowledge is gained.

Facebook and YouTube are not reliable sources, especially if the posts are promoted as "hurry before it gets deleted" types, medical & scientific journals generally are.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
what changed?

2015 Fauci: Hydroxychloroquine will not only treat a current case of coronavirus, but prevent future cases.

so it’s a therapeutic and a cure...

2005 Fauci: “concentrations of 10 uM completely abolish SARS-CoV infection” his researchers added “chloroquine can effectively reduce the establishment of infection

Pike2350

what changed?

2015 Fauci: Hydroxychloroquine will not only treat a current case of coronavirus, but prevent future cases.

so it’s a therapeutic and a cure...

2005 Fauci: “concentrations of 10 uM completely abolish SARS-CoV infection” his researchers added “chloroquine can effectively reduce the establishment of infection

Pretty simple really. It doesn't seem to work as hyped on the current strain of Coronavirus. That's like taking a quote about the flu shot and wondering why it doesn't work each year. Strains are different and don't respond the same way.

Just like all humans. We can all watch the exact same news stories and we will all take it differently. Nothing is uniform in this world and trying to use past statements about something that isn't the same as what is currently going on is simply trolling....but then again you knew that.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Pretty simple really. It doesn't seem to work as hyped on the current strain of Coronavirus. That's like taking a quote about the flu shot and wondering why it doesn't work each year. Strains are different and don't respond the same way.

Just like all humans. We can all watch the exact same news stories and we will all take it differently. Nothing is uniform in this world and trying to use past statements about something that isn't the same as what is currently going on is simply trolling....but then again you knew that.

K, if it doesn't work then let people try it and prove that it doesn't. Their body their choice, right? The fact that big tech and media is censoring this is absolutely insane. This is CCP style shit and you seem to be ok with it.

Pike2350

K, if it doesn't work then let people try it and prove that it doesn't. Their body their choice, right? The fact that big tech and media is censoring this is absolutely insane. This is CCP style shit and you seem to be ok with it.

Not sure how I'm ok with it. I agree...if people want to try it that's their choice. The difference is that most people arent the ones makng the choice for themselves...it's the Dr's. So based on your logic a Dr. should be able to prescribe just about anything if some studies had shown it was beneficial.

If someone that tested positive wants it...sure they should be able to get it. I am all for it.

The fact that Youtube/Facebook/Instagram are pulling this videos is stupid. They should be allowed to do be up...just like any jackass claiming that licking the underside of a toilet bowl will prevent Corona should be able to say it and not have it taken down.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I think letting people tell the Dr what meds to prescribe them is, at best, a dangerously slippery slope.

The same docs that are given bonuses for handing out narcotics and psychiatric drugs like candy? :)

I'm not arguing that we should be telling the docs anyways, I'm arguing that real science is being ignored for political and monetary gain.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Ya, but that's not a new thing though. Me personally, I don't think I'm qualified enough in that field to determine what is real science or not. I'll leave it to the experts here to hash that out.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Ya, but that's not a new thing though. Me personally, I don't think I'm qualified enough in that field to determine what is real science or not. I'll leave it to the experts here to hash that out.

I get ya, but I just can't help think that this is like the priests in a religion. Leave it to the upper echelons, they know what they are doing. Don't ever question their edict or you be held and ridiculed for blasphemy!

Maybe I read too many Orwellian type books. :p

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My wife is going to buy a shield to wear to the elementary school where she works when she goes back. Is she a sheep for not wanting to get sick from the kids there and bring it home to our one month old?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
My wife is going to buy a shield to wear to the elementary school where she works when she goes back. Is she a sheep for not wanting to get sick from the kids there and bring it home to our one month old?

I'm sorry dude, I just can't fathom living my life in that much fear. I think the fear of this is far more contagious than the actual "thing".

Troop92

I'm sorry dude, I just can't fathom living my life in that much fear. I think the fear of this is far more contagious than the actual "thing".

How is taking precautions, such as a facemask in a classroom, living in fear? Why is being cautious no longer allowed? Kids sneeze without covering their faces and do many other things that could (note could, not will) lead to infection, Covid or otherwise. Seems a simple thing to do to protect themselves and their family.