Coronavirus

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Science is cool. Let’s science for a minute.

Coronaviridae can be fairly easily released from virion by treatment with detergents. The lipid packet that contains the RNA that makes you sick isn’t any more scary than regular cold stuff. In fact, Coronaviridae are already the second highest cause for getting a cold.

Washing your hands with a Soap that is designed to dissolve grease( read dish soap is better than cute smelling hand soap) will rupture the packet rendering the lipid packet ineffective. The parts will all be there but they can’t make you sick because they can’t replicate outside virion. Even washing with regular soap is helpful because it physically removes the virus from your hands.

60% alcohol can still be effective on Coronavirus, contact time needs to be increased which is difficult for people that want to squirt from the bed bath and beyond keychain and feel happy about life.

Wash your hands for 20 seconds, let your hand sanitizers do their magic before rubbing them in, learn about Coronaviridae because they are awesome.

Here is a fun read. Follow the links too.

This begs one question. Why are there so many dumb people when we have smart teachers like Davy?

My youngest son has Cystic Fibrosis. Catching a cold for him is a lot worse than for a normal person, read underlying condition. We have been told for years and have practiced this hand washing thing. He has been super healthy and doesn't get sick very often even going to public elementary schools. First step in the door, wash your hands. My wife has also found a spray bottle pump fits on large IPA bottles :oops: and she sprays his jacket and backpack every day after he takes them off too.

Still not sure about the TP issue but it has started already.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Now is probably a good time to buy into the market since many are panicking and selling....
I spoke to my stock guy today. There are going to be some good deals that will provide some good short term ROI and great long term ROI. I am going to put some money in. The only thing that is killing me right now is the low cost of oil. My royalties on some mineral interests are going in the wrong direction.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I woke up with 3 new emails in my inbox about Coronavirus. One from my HSA company, one from my credit card company, and one from my retirement investment company.

I have to think that the external impacts of Coronavirus have had a much bigger impact on people than the virus itself. I wonder how many people that suffer from anxiety have had attacks? I wonder if there have been deaths related to additional stress from everyone in freak out mode?

Tonkaman

Some good friends of ours are battling the flu. Everyone in the house has diarrhea. They had to buy a big package of napkins because they haven’t been able to get toilet paper! Kinda funny but miserable

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Some good friends of ours are battling the flu. Everyone in the house has diarrhea. They had to buy a big package of napkins because they haven’t been able to get toilet paper! Kinda funny but miserable

We have some paper to share if it helps. But also, online stores still have it also.

The_Lobbster

I told my wife we should get infected so work would tell us to stay the eff home for two weeks. Then we would go camping.
I'm really hoping if the state shuts down due to it, I'll get sent home for a bit with pay. It would be unfortunate if I had all that time to finish up my samurai before summer hit!