Coronavirus

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
That’s what you plan on living on during pandemic and you don’t see a need for extra TP? Beer, whiskey, steak, brawts, beer and canned chilli legit sounds like that start of poocano pandemic.

My guts are used to it so normal poocano for me, but I also had to look like a prepper dork today since i'm down to the last couple rolls and well i'm on an island. But my cart had one pack not 6 on it. I'm set for the rest of my time here now I believe

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
We have a large supply of toilet paper as part of our emergency preparedness. I buy it in bulk. When a box runs out, I buy a new box on Amazon. Every month or two we need a box.
A number of months ago we needed a new box, but for some reason the price had doubled. No biggie. I'll wait until they drop again. We went though another box, but prices were still high. No biggie.
Then another box.. so we are down to just a couple boxes. Still no worries.. but if we were to have a REAL emergency, it could be an issue.
I found the paper we like on another site this week for a great price, so I replaced the 3 boxes, and added another just for fun.

I didn't realize until they showed up today and covered my front porch that I look like one of the complete fools buying a ton of toilet paper! :( :rolleyes:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My wife is a middle school teacher and she's in charge of a field trip next week. She needed to go buy cases of water for the kids to have on the bus yesterday, so we headed over to Costco. As we walked in the door the greeter was saying, "We're out of bottled water, toilet paper, and tents."
So the kids are getting Capri-Sun's instead! Small upside to the stupidity of all this.
___
Also, tents?!? Are people now rushing to get tents so they can bug out of the city?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
My wife is a middle school teacher and she's in charge of a field trip next week. She needed to go buy cases of water for the kids to have on the bus yesterday, so we headed over to Costco. As we walked in the door the greeter was saying, "We're out of bottled water, toilet paper, and tents."
So the kids are getting Capri-Sun's instead! Small upside to the stupidity of all this.
___
Also, tents?!? Are people now rushing to get tents so they can bug out of the city?

probably because the virus scare is so intense (intents)

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
The panic might be slowing. Winco in WVC had hand sanitizer and TP on the shelves. No bottled water yet though.
Every since the report came out that said the virus needs sanitizer with 90-95% alcohol. Most off the shelf stuff has 70% or less. The mad dash for the stuff and it wont work! Love it.

rholbrook

Our good friends own a small chain of grocery stores and they came over and we laughing at people buying TP and water. The could not believe how uneducated their buying decisions are from this. Maybe if it was the Mexican strain of the Corona Virus you would need TP.

I would love to know how many people died in the US from the regular flu in the last few weeks.

My son left for England, Scotland, Ireland and Sweden yesterday. He loves that no one was on the flight, he's tall and made himself right at home with a whole row to himself. My wife and I too are headed out of the states with a couple of long flights coming up and look forward to the being empty.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Science is cool. Let’s science for a minute.

Coronaviridae can be fairly easily released from virion by treatment with detergents. The lipid packet that contains the RNA that makes you sick isn’t any more scary than regular cold stuff. In fact, Coronaviridae are already the second highest cause for getting a cold.

Washing your hands with a Soap that is designed to dissolve grease( read dish soap is better than cute smelling hand soap) will rupture the packet rendering the lipid packet ineffective. The parts will all be there but they can’t make you sick because they can’t replicate outside virion. Even washing with regular soap is helpful because it physically removes the virus from your hands.

60% alcohol can still be effective on Coronavirus, contact time needs to be increased which is difficult for people that want to squirt from the bed bath and beyond keychain and feel happy about life.

Wash your hands for 20 seconds, let your hand sanitizers do their magic before rubbing them in, learn about Coronaviridae because they are awesome.

Here is a fun read. Follow the links too.