Coronavirus

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Many of these "RULES" make absolutely zero sense. Locally the elementary schools are going to give the kids a couple of half our breaks to go outside without the masks and play. I am sure they will all stay 6 feet apart, not pick their nose before getting on playground equipment or touch their faces after being on the play ground equipment. Also, I am sure they are going to sanitize the playground equipment after every group of kids.

Lets all just agree that this makes about as much sense as having to wear a mask to walk through the door of an eating establishment, but can take it off as soon as you sit at your table or walk to the bathroom without it.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
So I almost got arrested tonight for refusing to sign the gestapos paperwork saying I would quarantine after every time I worked... ya know because 14 day quarantine between work days is feasible. So that was fun, hoping it would happen so I could enjoy the lawsuit. Though the state is broke so i'm not sure I would have been awarded anything.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I don't wear a mask at work. Our policy is stay away from each other and when you can't, put a mask on. The majority of people wear a mask all the time. I make an honest effort to stay away from people. As silly as it sounds, I even hold my breath when I need to walk past someone that's too close. There is one guy that is a full on hater to those who don't wear masks. He also likes to stand in the middle of walkways. This makes passing difficult. I'm not sure if he's clueless or doing it on purpose. Earlier today I walked passed him. I was probably 3-5 feet way from him. He had his back towards me. I didn't make a sound as I passed. Even held my breath. After I passed him he starts screaming at me. "6 feet! 6 feet! 6 feet!" I turn around and he's holding his hands up in the air, five fingers out on one hand and one on the other, like a kindergartner would. I shrug it off and turn back around and then he yells "jackass!" at me. I smiled to myself.
Several minutes later I walk past the same area and there he is, standing in the same spot having a face to face conversation with one of our truck drivers who was not wearing a mask. I decided then that the guy isn't a hater of non mask wearers. He just hates me, and I'm okay with that.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So I almost got arrested tonight for refusing to sign the gestapos paperwork saying I would quarantine after every time I worked... ya know because 14 day quarantine between work days is feasible. So that was fun, hoping it would happen so I could enjoy the lawsuit. Though the state is broke so i'm not sure I would have been awarded anything.

I know you are flying but what is your job there in Hawaii? What does it entail?

J-mobzz

I’ve seen the term Rat Licker thrown around the Internet lately so I had to look it up.

I’m like most people I wear a mask in stores but take it off as soon as I’m outside. I don’t go into my office much but when I do I don’t wear a mask unless I’m going to talk to someone then I put it on. It does seem to be pretty solid evidence that wearing a mask makes a significant impact on spread so while I hate it I’ll do it.

D1728ABB-E8C1-414C-9F88-B65439FDBFE6.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I don't wear a mask at work. Our policy is stay away from each other and when you can't, put a mask on. The majority of people wear a mask all the time. I make an honest effort to stay away from people. As silly as it sounds, I even hold my breath when I need to walk past someone that's too close. There is one guy that is a full on hater to those who don't wear masks. He also likes to stand in the middle of walkways. This makes passing difficult. I'm not sure if he's clueless or doing it on purpose. Earlier today I walked passed him. I was probably 3-5 feet way from him. He had his back towards me. I didn't make a sound as I passed. Even held my breath. After I passed him he starts screaming at me. "6 feet! 6 feet! 6 feet!" I turn around and he's holding his hands up in the air, five fingers out on one hand and one on the other, like a kindergartner would. I shrug it off and turn back around and then he yells "jackass!" at me. I smiled to myself.
Several minutes later I walk past the same area and there he is, standing in the same spot having a face to face conversation with one of our truck drivers who was not wearing a mask. I decided then that the guy isn't a hater of non mask wearers. He just hates me, and I'm okay with that.
I'd wipe a booger on that idiot and tell him it's filled with antibodies.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
So we had 5 yes 5 new cases of rona on the big island yesterday bringing the total to 20 or 30 something? The rona is "nearly out of control" so they are bringing down more restrictions. FFS also extended interisland travel restrictions another month which basically will nuke all my hours at work again for September.

All you see on the news now is this 40+ year business this 30+ year business etc etc closing doors forever. Certainly "protected" the citizens of Hawaii from the rona :rolleyes: . But didn't protect them from being able to feed their family and destroying their lively hood.

Lots of unemployment benefits haven't been paid since the end of May because the state is broke.

But hey 3 airports have new thermal scanners to the tune of 32 million dollars that will catch what 5%? of positive people

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member

Disgusting and dispicable...
To kick a mother off a plane who couldn't keep her 2 year olds mask on and strand them in an airport far from home. Good thing they protected the other passengers... Who stood up for the woman.

This is out of control.

J-mobzz

So we had 5 yes 5 new cases of rona on the big island yesterday bringing the total to 20 or 30 something? The rona is "nearly out of control" so they are bringing down more restrictions. FFS also extended interisland travel restrictions another month which basically will nuke all my hours at work again for September.

All you see on the news now is this 40+ year business this 30+ year business etc etc closing doors forever. Certainly "protected" the citizens of Hawaii from the rona :rolleyes: . But didn't protect them from being able to feed their family and destroying their lively hood.

Lots of unemployment benefits haven't been paid since the end of May because the state is broke.

But hey 3 airports have new thermal scanners to the tune of 32 million dollars that will catch what 5%? of positive people
It is so frustrating to see. The ripples of this will be felt for generations. We have something that seems to effect everyone differently but it also seems 99.75% of people that get it recover. We have lots of evidence to support wearing masks when in close proximity to others drastically reduces spread. So instead of asking people to conduct business as safely as possible and let the customers And workers decide if they want to take the risk naturally it seems the best thing to do is cripple people financially and ruin higher education opportunity children may have had by forcing families to struggle and shut everything down. Not to mention all the children going without education because schools are not going back or are going back part time and families don’t have the resources to home educate.
I know enough people that have had this and gotten sick to know it’s a real thing. But in my opinion (this is just my opinion as I know many of you are anti mask and I’m not attacking your opinion just sharing mine.) the way to handle it is with social responsibility like wearing masks around other people and being courteous to the situation around other people. Closing things down is not the answer.

Side note a friend told me yesterday strippers had a protest in Phoenix yesterday to allow strip clubs to open. In an effort to “protect” them they took away income and it sounds like many have started doing things outside the clubs and far more dangerous to the health of a community than dancing naked 6’ away from people.

J-mobzz

Who stood up for the woman.

This is out of control.

From the article
““(The other passengers) were sticking up for me....All of my kids were crying. I was shaking...It was inhumane.”

What Jet Blue did was wrong in my opinion. It sucks people are not able to travel to see loved ones or attend funerals. This situation was so in the grey area with age and policy it’s sad for sure.

I’ve flown a handful of times during this and state and airline websites are changing daily. It’s a difficult and frustrating time to try and travel and meet all the quickly changing policy and guidelines.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
From the article
““(The other passengers) were sticking up for me....All of my kids were crying. I was shaking...It was inhumane.”

What Jet Blue did was wrong in my opinion. It sucks people are not able to travel to see loved ones or attend funerals. This situation was so in the grey area with age and policy it’s sad for sure.

I’ve flown a handful of times during this and state and airline websites are changing daily. It’s a difficult and frustrating time to try and travel and meet all the quickly changing policy and guidelines.

If you read closely Jet Blue tried to quickly change their policy from "children 2 and under" to "children 2 and over." Showed by website time stamp.

I can't even force my 2 year olds to keep their sandals on. The woman did her best and in my opinion turning. A plane around and forcing a family off and stranding them put people significantly more at risk.

The lesson here imo is:
Be kind to others
and
Common sense must prevail.

J-mobzz

If you read closely Jet Blue tried to quickly change their policy from "children 2 and under" to "children 2 and over." Showed by website time stamp.

I can't even force my 2 year olds to keep their sandals on. The woman did her best and in my opinion turning. A plane around and forcing a family off and stranding them put people significantly more at risk.

The lesson here imo is:
Be kind to others
and
Common sense must prevail.

I did read that. People make mistakes and the flight attendant may have miss understood The policy and the company is trying to cover tracks to prevent lawsuits. The flight attendant was probably just trying to enforce guidelines as she understood them to prevent lawsuits or job loss. I don’t know maybe she was just a B**** and didn’t want a child on the flight??? I really don’t know but I would like to think she was just trying to do her job. I do know what Jet blue did was wrong.

100% agree in be kind to others.

J-mobzz

I also have no clue but I know we have others that can speak to this on the forum. Can a flight attendant force a plane to turn around? I’m guessing that call went through the pilot, air traffic control and its hard to believe Jet Blue wasn’t notified? I feel like everyone is trying to do as directed to avoid blame being placed on them. If the written policy was 2 and under I would think one of the other flight attendants or pilots would have known and said something? I really have no clue here. I do feel like maybe the flight crew isn’t to blame though.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I also have no clue but I know we have others that can speak to this on the forum. Can a flight attendant force a plane to turn around? I’m guessing that call went through the pilot, air traffic control and its hard to believe Jet Blue wasn’t notified? I feel like everyone is trying to do as directed to avoid blame being placed on them. If the written policy was 2 and under I would think one of the other flight attendants or pilots would have known and said something? I really have no clue here. I do feel like maybe the flight crew isn’t to blame though.

Once the plane closes the doors the captain has operational control. That said he can seek guidance from the ground ops. If the doors are still open it’s whomever is in charge of the operation at the moments call.

At least that’s how my airline works

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I think you are spot on here Jake. People are just trying to enforce rules for fear of being fired. I've seen this a lot at my job over the last few months. I see it as a huge problem. People will do unreasonable and ugly things if they can outsource responsibility to others who made the rules. We all have to look at what is being asked of us and consider the humanity of it. I've drawn my line and have had quite a bit of puahback from my bosses but I'm not going to do things that are against my values because someone made a rule. Im not talking about wearing masks either. We've had people be denied time of to visit elderly parents due to covid rules. That manager felt he was doing the right thing and following company protocol, I disagree and we work in the same department. It's a slippery slope.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Sounds like Joe Biden wants to take the Hawaii approach, because you know its been so successful here.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told ABC’s David Muir, in an interview taped Friday.

Biden reasoned that the key to reopening a country’s economy is first gaining control over the virus and its spread. He knocked President Trump for failing to realize that — what he called a “fundamental flaw” of the administration.

“I will be prepared to do whatever it takes to save lives, because we cannot get the country moving until we control the virus,” Biden went on.

“That is the fundamental flaw of this administration’s thinking to begin with,” he said.

“In order to keep the country running and moving and the economy growing, and people employed, you have to fix the virus, you have to deal with the virus.”

- Joe Biden's husband, Joe Biden