Coronavirus

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
So I just heard some silliness from my Oahu based co-workers

The water park is open, but beaches are closed. Gyms are open but hiking trails are closed. Bars that serve food are open but bars that don’t are closed. Few more examples but I forgot. Lots of logic being applied here.

Also the governor is threatening full on stay at home lockdown again. Love me some Hawaii but I’m over this local governing body, sure hope my transfer comes through sooner than later.

ID Bronco

So I just heard some silliness from my Oahu based co-workers

The water park is open, but beaches are closed. Gyms are open but hiking trails are closed. Bars that serve food are open but bars that don’t are closed. Few more examples but I forgot. Lots of logic being applied here.

Also the governor is threatening full on stay at home lockdown again. Love me some Hawaii but I’m over this local governing body, sure hope my transfer comes through sooner than later.

Hawaii is a good example of this spreading despite major govt. overreach. It doesn't work.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
We just canceled our Christmas vacation trip to Hawaii. We were going to surprise the kids Christmas morning. So I'm glad that they didn't know about it. On top of that, our original plan was to go to Alaska in June. We had to cancel that one early on and then decided to do Hawaii. At least we had a nice weekend in Moab a couple weeks ago. :(

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
We just canceled our Christmas vacation trip to Hawaii. We were going to surprise the kids Christmas morning. So I'm glad that they didn't know about it. On top of that, our original plan was to go to Alaska in June. We had to cancel that one early on and then decided to do Hawaii. At least we had a nice weekend in Moab a couple weeks ago. :(

We had a last minute opportunity to hit the Rubicon. We needed it. It was a good trip. Driving across Nevada sucks.

Masks were everywhere. Even outside in South Lake Tahoe. I thought you only needed a mask indoors? (That’s the only place I wear one)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Most people have normalized disrespect so much that they see it as overreacting when someone else doesn't tolerate it.

Telling the doctor to get himself composed is evidence of that. Rather than sit and listen to his points, which are about as obvious as the grass is green and the sky is blue and water is wet, whomever that guy off camera was... could only think about the tone that he didn't find acceptable.

Found that quite entertaining myself

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
"The Hawai‘i Supreme Court is considering the immediate release of non-violent offenders from correctional facilities statewide as the Public Safety Department addresses a COVID-19 outbreak at O‘ahu Correctional Facility."

Wait wait wait..... you're considering locking me in my residence but also considering allowing convicted criminals go free?

This isn't old news, this was today. If masks are so effective why not just make them all wear masks?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Comiefornia at it again didn’t know what thread to put it in. A “protest” at about 1:45

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If for some reason you are not motivated by science or basic human compassion for others, there's another reason you should wear a mask or face covering in California: It's the law. 🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:

J-mobzz

I just got into Alaska yesterday same type of craziness. Everything is shut down in Anchorage. I had to fill out all sorts of paperwork and show proof i was covid tested within 72 hours of landing before they would let me into the state.
So flying in I had done my homework ahead of time had my paperwork filled out and my covid test results ready to go. This along with being one of the first off the plane I breezed through the process and was on my way before a line formed or anything. Flying out on the red eye last night I was able to sit and see some people that figured travel would be normal and it was crazy watching grown men throw straight up baby tantrums. I watched one guy yelling at the workers. Dropping F bombs. It blows my mind how cruel people can be. I get you don’t want to get covid tested, I get you don’t want to wear a mask on a plane. What I don’t get is how you can treat the poor girl working at the airport the way he did because the state you want to visit has put mandates in place to keeps its residents safe. Right or wrong that girl probably lost her other job and is just trying to get by like many people and I wish people could just be kind to one another.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So flying in I had done my homework ahead of time had my paperwork filled out and my covid test results ready to go. This along with being one of the first off the plane I breezed through the process and was on my way before a line formed or anything. Flying out on the red eye last night I was able to sit and see some people that figured travel would be normal and it was crazy watching grown men throw straight up baby tantrums. I watched one guy yelling at the workers. Dropping F bombs. It blows my mind how cruel people can be. I get you don’t want to get covid tested, I get you don’t want to wear a mask on a plane. What I don’t get is how you can treat the poor girl working at the airport the way he did because the state you want to visit has put mandates in place to keeps its residents safe. Right or wrong that girl probably lost her other job and is just trying to get by like many people and I wish people could just be kind to one another.
I wonder about people who do that. It doesn't matter the scenario, 99% of the time the person in front of you is NOT really who/what you're mad at...why take out your frustrations on them? Be an adult.

Maybe take advice from Bill and Ted. Just in general.

be-excellent.jpg

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Utah County has been back to normal for the most part. I've traveled most of the state this month and every place outside Slc is basically ignoring protocols.

This is the crazy part to me. I was blown away at how different each county is. I still throw on a mask in the grocery and gas stations.. but feel like I get laughed at in weber or utah counties.

The wife and I ran to Wyoming the other day. We were going to grab some food, and she asked if we needed masks. I scoffed and said 'this is wyoming, no one will be wearing masks'. Boy was I wrong. We were outcasts in a sea of masks. Super awkward. The local radio reported 1 new case that day.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Time to lock everything back down

Hey don't go all Hawaii on them, its working fantastic here :rolleyes:

So the funny thing is only essential workers can travel interisland right now. But they are subject to quarantine for 14 days when they come back home. I take a lot of doctors and stuff that have clinics on other islands. They have to quarantine after returning from another island, but I don't...... and I probably interacted with 3x as many people.

Makes sense........ all in the name of the facade they call protection. I'm also allowed to fly back and forth to the mainland, however I have to quarantine for 14 days when I return...... but I can work :rofl: