Coronavirus

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Color me surprised

On quasi lockdown right now on the big island, mayor is threatening another stay at home order if cases don’t drop. Meanwhile my entire airline flew fewer passengers all day yesterday than my line used to fly before lunch.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Still a scam, still not falling for it.

“Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.”
The Hayseed King returns!
And you’re right. Total scam, no ones ever really gotten sick. :rolleyes:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Seems history is repeating already.

Two weeks of stay at home. Two weeks just turned into two more weeks which I’m sure will turn into two month.

I’d like to see the dart board and see what other options are on the table for the future. Can’t get off this rock fast enough.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Mine got hassled at school yesterday because of seasonal allergies
My son has a respiratory disease. He has been coughing pretty heavy due to the smoke. He was really weird and faking a stomach ache all day Tuesday, we let him stay home. This morning more of the same. He finally told my wife he didn't want to go to school coughing like this and get crap from the other kids about having Corona!! He is 10! I hadn't even thought about that aspect. Kids will use anything as a stick to beat each other up. What the hell do you expect though, us adults aren't doing much better.

J-mobzz

My son has a respiratory disease. He has been coughing pretty heavy due to the smoke. He was really weird and faking a stomach ache all day Tuesday, we let him stay home. This morning more of the same. He finally told my wife he didn't want to go to school coughing like this and get crap from the other kids about having Corona!! He is 10! I hadn't even thought about that aspect. Kids will use anything as a stick to beat each other up. What the hell do you expect though, us adults aren't doing much better.

We had a lot of bullying issues out in Grantsville. It was really hard to watch my kids struggle to the point they would fake sick just to avoid riding the bus.

luckily the new schools haven’t been an issue at all. The kids seem much nicer here in NSL and Davis school district seems to make a good anti bullying effort that seems to help.

I hope you guys can figure something out.

ID Bronco

I believe this comes from what they have heard their parents say at home, what the media says, and what they may hear coming from adults at school too. It's terrible. I hope you find a solution and tell your son many of us care about him.

I have a friend who has very late stage leukemia who will likely live less than a year. He's 45. He was outside the other day after being masked up in a store and he took his mask off to finally get some real air when some lady goes bezerk on him for being without a mask. He is a very patient person but he was instantly pissed. He asked her where she was two years ago when his 18 year old nephew died of influenza, where was her outrage then? If he can't breathe and is dying of cancer anyway, who is she to tell him how to live the time he has left?

Interestingly she did not change her mind about it, nor does it look like she will stop acting like an idiot and bugging other people about it. Remember they are tolerant as long as you think like they do.

Tonkaman

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I believe this comes from what they have heard their parents say at home, what the media says, and what they may hear coming from adults at school too. It's terrible. I hope you find a solution and tell your son many of us care about him.

I should clarify, he isn't being singled out. Apparently kids are making comments to each other about not wanting to play with kids because they have Corona. So he was worried if he was coughing often they would single him out. I'm sure COVID is being used by the schoolyard bullies to make fun of kids at every school.

I know I’m not alone when I say that I will permanently change someone’s face if they try to detain my kid

I can't see this happening in Ut but I was blindsided by more than one thing this year. I'm not to worried. My son's teacher is a 115 lb girl. I'm pretty sure I could take her in a fight :D unless she knows Karate.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This is interesting.

Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route

Attachments

• SARS-CoV-2 Genome Lab Modification.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 9

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This is interesting.

Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route
If you go back to one of my early posts and I prefaced it with my tinfoil hat theory, I said I believed that this was manipulated by man. How can you not suspect it when it is coming out of a virology lab in China......unless you believe that they are only studying them.

I will throw out my other tinfoil theory that China has just subjected the world to a new form of biological warfare. And like Stephen Crowder does on college campuses.........Change my mind.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I will throw out my other tinfoil theory that China has just subjected the world to a new form of biological warfare. And like Stephen Crowder does on college campuses.........Change my mind.
That's not really how it works. Just stating some broad theory with no data behind it makes it impossible to "change your mind". You're supposed to present your theory, back it up with facts, argue your case; then allow the opposition to rebut.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That's not really how it works. Just stating some broad theory with no data behind it makes it impossible to "change your mind". You're supposed to present your theory, back it up with facts, argue your case; then allow the opposition to rebut.
Change my mind with your facts.........I have a business to run, race bikes to prep, yard to finish and a race to put on........not much time for a lengthy and scholarly post.........just enough time to stir the pot. :handlebars: :handlebars: