General Tech Cory's single seat selfish buggy

UFAB

Jims performance in DE

He has one week turnaround and is around 450 bones.

Rework harness and flash.

We have used him over a dozen times for quick return.

If new, we use howell.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
This build is amazing and I have never built a single seater before but that motor seems like it sits up awfully high..

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
that motor seems like it sits up awfully high..

Yes, it does now that I look at it again. Is that a truck oil pan under it? Maybe switch to an F-body pan and lower the engine 3" or whatever that pan saves?

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I think its kind of misleading because of how small this buggy is and that its on a slant. I know you all have used stock truck oil pan on a motor before? Thats what this has on it. That oil pan is lower than the top of the engine skid hoop. it will have 1/2" clearance from the top of the skid plate. I could lower the motor with a smaller pan but then i would have to raise the t case making it so the trans pan isn't sitting on the belly tube. with the T case raised i would have to move it further out of the chassis as well.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Made some shock mounts. I made a set that had the shock eye bolting going front to back. I had them tacked on and then realized the remote reservoir would be stuck in between the C pillar V and the shock mount. So then i came up with this. Did some more motor mount bracing.

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
you need to order more tube flanges. i actually needed the ones you took from me ya turd
I hate it when things like this happen, it's kinda funny in hind sight, but it sucks when it happens :p

and I'm loving your build so far YROC, it's resparked my desire to build my own buggy when i can finally have a place to build!

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I hate it when things like this happen, it's kinda funny in hind sight, but it sucks when it happens :p

and I'm loving your build so far YROC, it's resparked my desire to build my own buggy when i can finally have a place to build!

Get on it! Get some parts together. Lets see some buid threads. 70% of the crapped ive fabbed in the past was out in the drive way laying in the mud:)

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
Get on it! Get some parts together. Lets see some buid threads. 70% of the crapped ive fabbed in the past was out in the drive way laying in the mud:)
I would...... but it's kinda hard to do things when the wife says I can't build anything more than model cars in our apartment...... otherwise, I'm setting aside money to build it when I can do it. besides, i've never really done any kind of mecanic work, or metal work inside a garage. so the outdoors and the elements are my friends!

Last edited: